Salisb, NC Clone Wars Movie August 2008

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Darth_MacDuff, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm thinking about doing something on Sunday - NOT saturday (I have some things to take care of and besides - maybe SlaveOne will actually get to come then). I'll post later tonight when I know more about Saturday schedule.
  2. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    I went and saw "The Dark Knight" and the General Manager was there and I walked up and saw his nametag and this was the guy, I asked him name, he said, "Yes", and I introduced myself as Darth Vader! [face_laugh] The look on his face was priceless. I then restated who I was and I was with "Salisbury Fan Force" and we were still very interested in doing an appearance at the theatre. He is talking like they are really going to do the place up right and is really interested in us coming. We need to see if we can get together with him and talk to him about what and when we are going to do. They are having a midnight showing like they did with "Dark Knight". The premier is August 15.
  3. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is all good - as stated before I will be busy this weekend as well but could come out there the second weekend of the month to talk...
  4. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    That said, I will see about setting up a morning meeting. One of my friends is getting married that weekend at 2:00, so I just might be able to get this in if it would OK with you guys and also see if Steve would be available. I will check with him and let you know.
  5. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Is everyone getting excited? :D I?ve posted a thread here on the SouthEast Regional Discussion board where we can gather and talk about the new movie and share pics. Come on over and join us!

7. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    OK. guys. Here's what I found out so far. Looks like Steve's schedule is going to be a rough one and Saturday's aren't a good day for him at all to take time for a sitdown. He said that he is still very interested in having us there. He should have the show times some time this week. I will find out what they are are post it here. We could either do a Friday evening, the premier, or maybe that Saturday. He said that they are also having a midnight show like they did for "Batman", but that might be a bit much being on a Thursday night. I will post further developments here.
  8. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    SATURDAY or SUNDAY - no Friday for us...
  9. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    From what I was thinking of Saturday, 16 August. Friday would be a little rough considering a lot of us work up until at least 5:00, then there is family, dinner and distance for you guys in the "Heart of the Empire". Steve was supposed to call and leave me a message about 1) the times "Clone Wars" is going to be shown and 2) how many movies they were going to get. What do you think would be a better time for an appearance? I was thinking of the early afternoon matinee. They usually have one around noon. I will keep an eye out. So far the only theatre that has posted any times has been one in Greensboro.
  10. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, the earlier the shows the better. Slave may actually get to come if they are earlier on Saturday. Someone (You - when you know times) should message everyone on Myspace list as well! Magic - you in on this? You could wear your jedi or maybe fit into Darth Maul - It's Star Wars = doesn't matter if not clone...
  11. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    I think that they are going to have a showing around noon on Saturday 16 August. That would be a good time I think. I will keep looking for other show times. The only one Iknow for sure is the Thursday night showing at 12:01am. I am seriously thinking of taking Vader up there and showing up at the theatre. Might just be fun! Have to work Friday though (YAWN!). I will keep you guys posted on the show times at the Paladium.
  12. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well - it looks like my son will have a soccer tournament all day 10 to 5:30pm. We wouldn't be there until like a +-7:00PM show. I know SlaveOne has to work that night! My wife may be out of town for weekend w/ Star to help sister/aunt who has MS. We could do it Saturday evening or Sunday later afternoon +-2pm or so...? BAD TIMING HUH...

May be a bust (Matt and Mark are out of town on vacations)... Smash said he was up to something this weekend - could have him come during the day or along when we come later if you get it confirmed for then... What did the manager say? When did he want you to come - or no confirmation yet?

If saturday is a bust - I may take kids that evening to Concord Mills w/ 501st/CFF and Rebel legion event to see R2KT unit (We would go as fans only NOT in costume...)

13. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, guys. Here's the schedule for Saturday for Clone Wars at the Palladium here in High Point. The shows are at 12:00, 2:20, 4:40, 7:15 and 9:50. I am going to post this both on the FanForce website and MySpace. I am going to go by either Harris Teeter or Food Lion and get some bottled water and some ice so we can have something cold to drink that day. I was think about the 12:00 show. What do you guys think? Anybody realize that it has been almost a year since we had a troop? This would be our first one as Salisbury Fan Force. A new beginning for us!
  14. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    My son may not have the soccer tournament after all - so saturday would work for the two of us (Rest of family is suppose to go away). Have you confirmed the 12 pm show or even our appearance with the theater manager? We don't want to just show up uninvited? SlaveOne - can you make it?
  15. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    I called the Palladium today and of course, Steve wasn't there. I did talk to the manager on duty and told them who we were (didn't introduce myself as Darth Vader this time) and told them that we should be up there for the 12:00 show. I sent the directions on MySpace. It is not that hard to find. There are also several places if you want something to eat. There's a Wendy's, Chick Fil-A, Arby's, McDonald's, Ham's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Moe's Southwestern to mention a few. I am going to try and make an impromptu appearance there tomorrow night for the midnight show. I told the manager what I was planning on doing and she had no probs with that. The act like they are pretty excited about us coming up there. I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can't get up with Steve.
  16. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    Have we decided on what time to meet? The show starts at 12:00 and I would like to get there before the movie cranks up and mingle with the fans. I am looking forward to this. Our first movie premier! [face_dancing] I am seriously thinking of breaking out Vader and shwoing up tonight for the midnight show at the Palladium.
  17. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hope you did BREAK out the Vader and go...

We can come around 10:30 or 11am I think! How long of a drive is it would you say? I'll talk offline on myspace...
  18. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh - looks like a day appearance is a bust for at least my family unit. Wife and daughter are to be in Ohio w/ Star to see wife's sister who is not doing well w/ MS. MY SON HAS A HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER TOURNAMENT, Mark and Matt both have plans, SlaveOne has not confirmed - he has had a bad week at the Sherrif's Department and would be coming off work from night shift. Others have not responded or are tied up with previous commitments.

Unfortunately, it may only be DarthMacDuff and members of other costuming groups out there at the theater. Sorry Paul - maybe another date/weekend...

I will make plans to go CFF event tonight in Concord if we get done w/ Tournament in time and they are still there for later shows....
  19. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, Vader did make an appearance at the Palladium last night. Had a good time. Was a little dissappointed in the turnout, though. The manager said that they only had sold around 40 tickets. Had a bunch of people take pictures. There was this one little boy came up dressed as Vader and they got a pic of the two of us together. I got a laugh with this. I put my hand on top of him and said, "I will call him, Mini Me!" That got a good chuckle from some of the patrons. Sorry you guys can't make it. I am looking forward to our next get together at the ManCave. Have a great weekend.
  20. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.