main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX CLONE WARS Multimedia Project

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    With the recent announcement of the CLONE WARS cartoon shorts on Cartoon Network, the multimedia project geared towards STAR WARS fans heading into Episode III is really picking up steam. We'll have a fun time with video games, novels, comics, toys, and the cartoon as we head into the final STAR WARS film ever...

Just read the Mace Windu and Battle for Kamino comic stories last night, and I recommend 'em to fans wanting to continue the story...imo Ostrander and crew did a good job of carrying on the tone, look, and characters of AOTC in these stories. Glad to see Obi-Wan and Anakin back in the picture, as opposed to issue after issue of 3rd-tier characters Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura.
    Anyone else read this ?[face_plain]

Also trying to work my way through the CLONE WARS for PS2, though it's kinda on the back burner right now...

2. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Some info is up on the OS introducing a new bounty hunter character for the CLONE WARS, Durge:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/03/img/durge1_bg.jpg]

Jason X meets Boba Fett meets G.I. Joe :p

EDIT: And check out Anakin...he's wearing the [b]Black Glove[/b] B-)

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    The EU is going way overboard now. Rediculous.

:cool:

4. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    The comics stories, now that they're focusing more on the CLONE WARS and Anakin & Obi-Wan, building on TPM and AOTC and hinting at things to come, are getting much more interesting.

Teaser cover image from the upcoming STAR WARS: Republic #55:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/03/img/republic55_bg.jpg]

Growing up, I really enjoyed reading the old STAR WARS newspaper strips and Marvel comics...imo until now, the Dark Horse comics series has been lacking something. Focusing on the Clone Wars in the recent issues has given it a neat spark, similar to the "hunt for Han Solo" in the pre-ROTJ run of the Marvel series :cool:

5. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    I want my 5 bucks back! I picked up the Mace Windu book purely on your recommendation. It came across like all the other DH books. Flat story with average art. Ostrander is a great writer but somehow has been limited in his ability on SW books.

So far the best DH book has been the Jarred Hett(sp?) story. The Jedi that disappeared only to show up as a leader of a clan of Tusken Raiders. Then his son leaves with Ki-Adi-Mundi to study the force.
    Great read!

Just my 2 cents.
    and I ain't ripping on your opinion Brian, I just think the fishnets are clouding your judgement. ;)

6. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    LOL, sorry Clay, I'll make it up to you at the meeting :D

Should have warned you they're good, but not ground-breaking, comics. Maybe I was just ecstatic about reading a STAR WARS comic that didn't focus on Quinlan Vos...and I like the Clone Wars set-up offered in AOTC, and enjoy seeing that story continued.

Did you read STAR WARS: Republic #50 ?[face_plain]
    That was the better of the two comics, imo...

If you want, I'll loan it to you at the meeting, save you some cash :p

Sorry, I was more pleased by the issues than I expected to be...the interesting thing in the Mace Windu one-shot was the ramifications for the Jedi order...Jedi deciding to leave, and how & why.

Bought the Jango Fett and Zam Wessell one-shots last year; imo the Mace Windu book was better.

7. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Got issues 50 and 51 bagged, boarded and ready for borrowing, Clay

Check out #51 if you want to see dead Gungans, the intro of new bounty hunter Durge, and the deaths of several Jedi, leaving Obi-Wan in a dire predicament...

Edit: And after 146 days, AOTC IMAX is still charting on [link=http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?PHPSESSID=5038e71edb9691924faa942a1d33a614]boxofficemojo.com[/link] ...with a higher per-screen average than each of the top 10 films. Total is now up to $8,435,204 B-)

8. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    OK I'll get it from you sometime. Sorry I missed the meeting. Anybody want to trade reading material? Someone can borrow my Mace Windu and comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.