main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone wars novel question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Brndn0125, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brndn0125

Brndn0125 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    Do you think it is nessacary to read the clone wars novels in cronolgical order? Because i want to start to read shatterpoint but i dont want to buy the hardback edition of the Cestus Deception and the paperback edition comes out in january. I dont want to wait that long. What do you think?

2. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Since most of them have nothing to do with the other, it really doesn't matter how you read them IMO.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Since the novels and comics have been published almost utterly out-of-sequence relative to one another anyhow, this ain't no big thing. It was built into the pilot programme right straight from the git-go (i.e., late 2001/early 2002, when the Blackman/Stradley pitch was made).

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Nah, it doesnt matter, at least as far as those books go. Shatterpoint and Cestus Deception arent related in any way.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not only that, Shatterpoint (6 months ABG) is set chronologically before Cestus Deception ( 12 months ABG) anyways.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    You don't have to, although it's always good to. If you look at the novels in relation to the comics, more of a need for chronology.

7. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    Don't worry about it...Shatterpoint is one of my favorite CW stories so far, so I reccomend you should just dive in!

8. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    Don't worry about it...Shatterpoint is one of my favorite CW stories so far, so I reccomend you should just dive in!

9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The only books you should read chronologically are the Medstar duology.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    That would *stand* to reason now, wouldn't it...?? [face_laugh]

But a goodish point -- if you're inching along the saga, better to use one of the chronologies out there (the "Official" one in general terms; The2ndQuest's for more specificity). Much easier that way. SW: Republics #65-66, as a f'r'instance, resonate much more strongly if one has read Shatterpoint than if not, but they're still digestable piecemeal if need be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.