main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars novels Wants

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Fun filled facts I'd like to see answered

1. Dooku's fall from grace

2. Who was the Jedi that Obi Wan bothers to check the pulse of in Genosis?

3. A first person perspective Anakin novel

I'd love to see how Anakin really does view the world and if he does have any real friends amongst the Jedi

(He only seems to have any respect for Obi Wan oddly-even that tinged and we know only his blue skinned friend from the Quest books)

2. genghis

genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I would like to see a "Tales from the clone army" book. You could cover pretty much anything once ep3 comes out.

"The clones fight along side the jedi"
    "The clones fight the jedi"
    "The clone that fell to the dark side"
    "The clone who never thought he would be good enough"
    "The clones attack on (insert planet) (think 'nam style)"
    "The clones fly x-wing/ties/z95 (ala x-wing series)"
    "The clone who fell in love with a princess"
    "The clone who left the corps and became a bounty hunter"
    "The clones go to disney land"
    "The clones ..... you get the idea

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Just a lot of clone troopers, maybe a Tales from the Clone Wars collection.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The "check his pulse" Jedi doesn't have a name yet from what I can tell.

It's funny, cause he died literally seconds before Dooku called the droids off, and if he had managed to just survive those 5 or 10 seconds, not only would he be alive, but he'd likely have a name too [face_batting]

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Too many stories about clones would get repetitive, so you'd also want stories from the Jedi, separatists etc...

6. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Dooku's fall from grace

from what i can tell, it seems to have had something to do with three main things:

1- he's had longstanding ideological clashes with the Jedi Order. he's been interested in the Potentium Heresy (according to the revised edition of d20 RPG rulebook) and he's also been very critical of the state of the Republic (justifiably so, to no small degree)

2- the massacre on Galidraan, as depicted in Jango Fett: Open Seasons.

two years prior to Naboo, he realizes that the Council was manipulated into sending him to slaughter the Mandalorians and comes to question their collective wisdom more seriously than he already had been. he describes the Galidraan mission as his "last errand" for the Council. two years later, he's left the Order and is fully in league with Palpatine.

3- the appearance of Anakin Skywalker and the rumors that Anakin is the Chosen One. this is speculation based, again, on his writeup in the RPG rulebook, but he seems to think that he himself is the Chosen One.

put together #1 and #2 and you have someone teetering on the brink of leaving. add in #3 along with a tempting offer from The Other Side (which, funnily enough, happens to have a vacancy at that exact same time... imagine that!) and there you go.

i agree, i'd really like to see the whole story there, though, especially as a first-person novel. Dooku is rapidly growing into one of the most compelling SW villains ever, for me.

a lot of that, though, is Christopher Lee. he's just so great in AotC.

part of the appeal for me is the way Dooku taunts his opponents during the duel. Vader's always complimenting Luke during their duels, but Dooku's the opposite - total aristocratic disdain for his opponents.

Vader is always like "impressive!" and "Obi-Wan has taught you well!" and such, whereas Dooku's like "you're crap. i wipe my behind with your so-called skills." it's such amazingly over-the-top classic villainy, but it works because Lee has such class.

7. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    nice post diz factor.

i wouldnt mind seeing some of the council fleshed out a little more .plo kloon and others deserve a little fame.

but dooku's fall from grace is the biggest story i would like to read.

8. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Of course Vader did, he was fighting his own son. Naturally he was complementing his fighting skills, as he was also trying to train him in the darkside at the same time.

The thing about Dooku you overlooked though was Qui Gon's death. That's what really sent him over the edge. Although he didn't love Qui Gon, he was the closest thing to a steady friend and close companion he had. He got through Dooku's "wall" ( ;) ) so to speak. When he died on a mission for the Council. Dooku was like, "Okay, the Republic blows and crushes the people, half the Jedi on Galidran went to their deaths, the Jedi sent my only student to his death... SO WHY THE HELL AM I SERVING THESE JACK@$$S!"

9. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I want the full story of Boba Fett, Tobbi Dala, Fenn Shysa, and the Mandalorian Shock Troopers!

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Shock troopers are pre-clone wars I think.

11. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well technically so is dooku's fall.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  13. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Of course Vader did, he was fighting his own son. Naturally he was complementing his fighting skills, as he was also trying to train him in the darkside at the same time.

oh, i know why Vader was the way he was, and i like it for Vader. i just like the fact that Dooku's different. he makes a nice contrast.

in some ways, i like Maul for contrast, too. he doesn't say anything at all in his duels.

The thing about Dooku you overlooked though was Qui Gon's death. That's what really sent him over the edge. Although he didn't love Qui Gon, he was the closest thing to a steady friend and close companion he had. He got through Dooku's "wall" ( ) so to speak. When he died on a mission for the Council. Dooku was like, "Okay, the Republic blows and crushes the people, half the Jedi on Galidran went to their deaths, the Jedi sent my only student to his death... SO WHY THE HELL AM I SERVING THESE JACK@$$S!"

well, i think Galidraan was not just about the fact that the Jedi went to their deaths, but also the fact that the Mandalorians (especially Jango) fought so valiantly. Dooku has a certain level of respect for other warriors who comport themselves well - he expresses regret over the death of Merai on Kamino, as well. i think Jango's stand on Galidraan - the rushing back to help his men against impossible odds, to fight unarmed against Jedi and killing like half-a-dozen of them. i think he was moved by their common sense of honor and such and gained respect for the men the Council sent him to fight at the same time he lost respect for the Council itself.

but your point about Qui-Gon is well-taken. i hadn't thought of that.

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Dooku had some style, that was impressive. Vader, likewise, was impressive, but threw the grandure down the drain and went for effectiveness.

15. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I just want a series of Clone Wars novels a la NJO.

16. Mitth-raw-nuruodo

Mitth-raw-nuruodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    I want to see some Chiss in there.

17. Assassin_Caine

Assassin_Caine Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    I'd like to see Aayla Secura in a novel and not a comic book. None of the comic shops around here have any star wars books :(

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    She would be cool to reat about. She IS in a short story, Elusions Illusions, by Michael Stackpole, from Insider 66

19. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    (Not necessarily a potential "Clone Wars novel," per se, but...)

A "second" (or "third") to the notion of a story detailing the Mandalorian Shocktroopers' history during the Clone Wars. Another I'd almost certainly personally enjoy would be the story of Nejaa Halcyon's demise; in the years down the road, we might even be privy to the details of Empatojayos Brand's maiming and Vima-Da-Boda's flight from civilization.

20. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    The info on Dooku indicates that he deliberately left the Jedi Order because of the corruption in the Galactic Senate,the Galidran incident,and his disgust with Qui-Gon Jinns death among other things, he was contacted by Darth Sidious and agreed with him on many different things and the two had mutual goals and worked together to help each other, Dooku is not like Anakin Skywalker who was manipulated by Sidious/Palpatine,he knew he was going over towards the Dark Side but did it on purpose thinking his powers would become stronger and that he could use it and remain uncorrupted by it,but after awhile he gave up his noble reasons and just became evil because he wanted to be evil, its actually similar to what Vergere told Luke Skywalker in DW:Some people chose evil coldly without passion,maybe in meditation, others become evil even though they have good intentionsm like Anakin.

21. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I love the tone set by Shatterpoint, where we follow one character through a conflict and have that character affected in the big picture by the things they go through.

Everything should be subservient to the overall story of the galaxy slowly falling into the abyss of what will eventually be the Empire.

And the "Tales of the Clone Wars" book sounds like a SWEET idea!

22. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Likely this title will get used when they do an anthology of all of the various Clone Wars short stories, down the road.

23. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'd like a novel detailing some of Ventress' intrigues and her relationship with Dooku. Also, a novel portraying Anakin's evolution and how his character is affected by war. It would be interesting to see how his political ideas have changed, if at all.

24. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I would like to see a dooku trilogy. One with him as a padawan, one where he tunrs to the dark side, and one about him as the leader of the seperatist. I also would like to see another novel about mace by stover. Myabe we could even get a novel post njo where luke finds out about a battle that took place during the clone wars. The book could shift between the time periods and the events of the battle could have something to do with the current situation that luke is facing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.