main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Clone Wars on Cartoon Network!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by BigChris, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
  2. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Yea, but:

"The series is a continuation of the epic struggle seen in Attack Of The Clones and will be formatted in 20 episodic shorts two to three minutes in length. "

Just how effective will 2-3 minutes be?

3. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    If Tartakovsky does it right, it could work very well. I'm just stoked that he is the head of the project.

Big Chris

4. Kimbote

Mar 15, 2002
    Dude, it will be touched by the hand of Lucas himself. I'm not holding my breath. But alas ... I will be buying most of the 4" figures. :)

5. Palpatine1138

Palpatine1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh, I am so salivating over this one!!!

Who out there has lots of freee time this fall to sit around watching Cartoon network with a quick trigger n the VCR?

Looks like they won't be playing these as a 'show', but between the regular shows, which means they're going to be kind of hard to catch.

6. Kimbote

Mar 15, 2002
    I'm sure that the 'fans' will be digitally capturing the toons and posting them to the usenet / newsgroups as VCDs or SVCD mpegs. I'll try and gather the complete set and have them for folks at future meetings.

7. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Sounds cool! It'll probably have more content than a single comic book, so keep that in mind..... Can't wait... look like great caricatures.... [face_devil]

8. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Looks like they'll have one main story arc and several "side-quests"

If you've been in combat or even sparring, you know 2-3 minutes can be a very long time in which many things can happen!

imo this will be like the old Aeon Flux on MTV, where you'd get just enough action and cool visuals to make you salivate for the next installment! Samurai Jack crew being involved and jazzed about doing it is a big plus, too.

Also, the article said something about them being regularly-scheduled. Not hard to catch 'em then!

Can't wait! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.