Clone Wars on Cartoon Network

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't forget everyone that this Friday (Nov. 7) Cartoon Network will start to air the Clone Wars shorts at 8:00PM. These will run every weekday until November 20th. The second half of the series will then air in the Spring of 2004.

This is going to be an awesome series, so do not miss out.
  2. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Every weekday, meaning mon-Friday at 8 each time? Okay..I'll be sure to have that down and I can't wait until it airs tomorrow! :D
  3. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yep, every weekday until the 20th at 8PM. It's gonna be great, get those VCRs ready.
  4. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just a reminder, it starts tonight at 8PM.

Also, since this will be running for awhile, we can use this thread to discuss the series. Perhaps even give summaries of the episodes for those that miss them.

Edit: Also, in celebration of the new series, I've changed my icon to the CW style Anakin. Hesh on...
  5. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    A very cool beginning to what's going to be an awesome series. I'll give you a brief summary.

Chapter 1:
    Yoda gives us brief commentary on the status of the Clone War, with visuals of Jedi fighting battle after battle. Then the scene switches to Palpatine's office, where Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine and Anakin are discussing the war. Obi-Wan announces that his (that's right, Mike, his) army is ready. Palpatine then forces himself in and makes sure Anakin is involved, despite Obi-Wan and Yoda's wishes. From there, we see the clones gearing for battle, with Anakin flying in his Jedi starfighter. Before taking off he waves goodbye to Padme, who does the same thing. Anakin takes off, and the screen wipes to black.

Can't wait for the next one.
  6. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah I saw it last night. That was way to awesome! It was short, but hopefully the rest will be longer. I bet they will. The animation is so cool. I'm looking forward to Mondays :D
  7. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm getting excited just thinking about...Obi-Wan's army is so hesh sounding...
  8. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It was very hesh. The other episodes will be the same length, although they'll seem longer because they won't have Yoda's introduction in the beginning. Either way, I can't wait until 8PM Monday.

Hyperspace members can now download the first chapter and watch it as many times as they want. Hesh on.
  9. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    They're all going to be that length, that's scary. Why so short? That I don't get, but hey I'm excited for Monday still. :D
    I had taped it and I can watch it over and over too :D
  10. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    They're short because it's a test run. If these short little segments get big enough ratings, then they'll pour some money into longer shows; animation and/or live action ones.
  11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Where did you hear this at? The longer ones?
  12. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    TF.N's main page, the article about Lucasfilm's press summit.
  13. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well hey no matter what it's AWESOME! :D
    Short or long, it's slammin'! :D
  14. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    So does anyone know if it plays at a later time too? :eek:
  15. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    From what I heard, each day it repeats that day's episode at midnight. I don't know how accurate that is. Although if you go to starwars.com, you can see the first chapter right now.
  16. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    [face_shocked] Oh, then I better get into the swing of things 8-} . From what I could see on the commercials the shows looked tight, and in fact reminded me of this place upon fist sight :D .
  17. padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Clone Wars was :cool:!I can't wait for the one tonight.
  18. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Another fantastic episode tonight.

Chapter 2:
    This chapter opens up with Obi-Wan briefing his unit of elite ARC troopers. Afterwards, Kenobi talks briefly with Anakin. Their banter towards one another is rather scary in it's subtleness. Then the Republic ships come out of hyperspace over Muunilist. Anakin leads the clone fighters in his own Jedi starfighter in an attack against the Confederacy's ships. Meanwhile, the Republic cruisers drop hundreds of gunships which fly to the planets surface. The war engulfs there with Obi-Wan dispatching the special ARC trooper gunship into the city. Obi-Wan's gunship lands and he leads his troops right into battle. Meanwhile the other gunship flys through the city, shortly after it is shot down by a missle and crashes. The troops survive and they head out on foot. This chapter ends through the viewpoint of a sniper rifle, aimed directly at an ARC trooper...

Awesome stuff, tomorrow's is gonna be cool.
  19. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh chapter 2 was slammin! :D
    I dare not post the chapters seeing I'm 3 hours ahead of you guys and I don't want to give it away. Interesting conversation Obi-Wan and Anakin had there. The plot thickens and I want to know who the sniper rifle on the clone troopers, we'll find out tonight :D
  20. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chapter 3:
    This chapter opens through the sights of a sniper rifle-carrying battle droid. The droid opens fire at the downed ship, taking down one clone trooper. The others take cover behind the crashed gunship while the red ARC trooper leads them. A blue ARC takes out the droids in the buildings with a rocket launcher. Once the area is safe, the clones head towards their destination. An AAT discovers the clones and attacks, however an ARC drops down behind, blasts his way into the tank and blows it up from the inside. After that the head ARC contacts General Kenobi, informing him that they've discovered their destination, a huge cannon. The clones make their way onto the structure, blasting all the battle droids along the way. After securing all the explosives, the clones climb their way up to the top while the cannon explodes. The chapter ends with the surviving clones and ARC troopers on the roof of the tower.

These things keep getting better and better. I heard Durge appears tomorrow, don't miss that one.
  21. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh that's awesome! Of course I'm not missing it! :D
    Yeah that was awesome with the blue clone trooper coming from the back of the tank and blowing it up. :D
    I found it neat how only Obi-Wan said one line and the rest was with signs by the commander trooper (red), and then the battling. :D
  22. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    One of the coolest parts was how it showed that the ARC troopers have Jango's personality. When the sergeant shot the little dragon thing in the alleyway was a prime example. This series rocks.
  23. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    Oh yeah it is, and tonight it just keeps getting better! :D
    I won't say anything for it's not on for you guys in California yet but the previews for Chapter 5, Kit Fitso is going to be underwater fighting, how hot is that! :D
    And that's Chapter 5 for tomorrow, not tonight, I'm not going to give anything away :p
  24. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    While I wrote those other summaries, I'm going to use other ones that are shorter and don't spoil as much.

Chapter Four:
    The Separatist leader San Hill panics as the Republic Army advances. But Count Dooku has sent powerful new enemy, Durge, onto Muunilinst. This vicious bounty hunter leads a band of mercenaries toward the heart of the Republic?s forces. The Republic Army now faces a challenge greater than ever imagined against this tenacious villain and his forces.
  25. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
    All, Chapter 5 is AWESOME! Man that was tight and tomorrow Chapter 6 should be even good too! :D
    They're all great but again I can't say anything :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.