`Clone Wars' orbits Hollywood for Aug. 10 premiere

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Princess_Tina, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080709/ap_en_mo/film_star_wars
    `Clone Wars' orbits Hollywood for Aug. 10 premiere

LOS ANGELES - George Lucas is revisiting familiar space in the heart of Hollywood to unveil his new "Star Wars" adventure.

The animated tale "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" will have its world premiere at the Egyptian Theatre along Hollywood Boulevard on Aug. 10, five days before it opens in theaters. Lucasfilm announced the premiere Wednesday.

Proceeds from the premiere will benefit the American Cinematheque, a film organization based at the Egyptian, which opened in 1922. The Egyptian was one of two Los Angeles theaters where the first "Star Wars" sequel, "The Empire Strikes Back," played during its extended run in 1980.

Tickets for the 4 p.m. premiere will be on sale exclusively to American Cinematheque until July 23 and will then be available to the general public.

"Few cinemas have had the opportunity to host a premiere of a `Star Wars' movie, and we are tremendously excited that the historic Egyptian will soon be one of them," said Barbara Smith, director of the American Cinematheque.

"The Clone Wars" will be followed by an animated TV series of the same name debuting this fall on the Cartoon Network and TNT.

The movie and TV show are set between the action of the second and third chapters of Lucas' prequel trilogy, "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith."

The film centers on a galactic civil war, with Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker ? the future villain Darth Vader ? embarking on a mission that pits him and his apprentice against crime boss Jabba the Hutt.

The voice cast includes some veteran "Star Wars" performers, including Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu, Christopher Lee as Count Dooku and Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.

Among other key voice cast members are Matt Lander as Anakin, Ashley Eckstein as his apprentice Ahsoka Tano and James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Lucas served as executive producer on "The Clone Wars" movie, which was directed by Dave Filoni.

___

On the Net:

http://www.americancinematheque.com
  2. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, very interesting. This here line is what interested me the most:

Among other key voice cast members are Matt Lander as Anakin, Ashley Eckstein as his apprentice Ahsoka Tano and James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

:(
  3. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can't say I know any of those actors.

My biggest concern would be over who's voicing Palpatine. His voice was one of the few really weak points of the last animated Clone Wars.
  4. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    With that being said, I'm wondering if they're going to have a midnight premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theater. It seems as though that was pretty much a tradition for Star Wars, if I'm not mistaken.
  5. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They might still do that, but it won't be like at the Egyptian, where it's premiering 5 days before the general release.
  6. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    James Arnold Taylor is VA legend. He has voiced Tidus in FFX and FFX2, Leonardo in TMNT, Jack Sparrow and Timon in Kingdom Hearts II, Ratchet in Ratchet and Clank series, and Obi Wan in the animated Clone Wars.
  7. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He does a pretty good Obi-Wan, I must admit.
  8. klingklang Force Ghost

star 5
    There's a midnight showing at the Arclight (both locations), if that is any kind of consolation. I don't know if it's already sold out, though.
  9. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    If Hollywood and California are the bright centers of the universe, I am in the town that is furthest from. I'll be waiting for the actual release date like the rest of the pack.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.