main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Clone Wars: Post event wrap-up

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by legoman, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Our Clone Wars event was a big success. We managed to raise $1000 to donate to the shelter. Thanks to everyone who came out and made this thing happen. Throughout this event, I know Nick was with us every step of the way. This one was for you buddy, hope we made you proud.

2. yodascorch

yodascorch Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    That is great news and although I was not able to attend I had a few friends show up with their kids and they had a great time...fantastic job and congrats on all your efforts to make this happen.

I will be more involved once I get my Trooper outfit soon.

3. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Here is the letter I recieved from Gillian's Place thanking us for the event:

Dear Andrew and all the members of Young Jedi Niagara:

Thank you for your donation of $1000 from your raffle for Gillian's Place in memory of Nick Ring. We are so grateful and impressed with your financial support! Your raffle at the Niagara Cineplex Odeon helped get our new name and logo out to people in our community, and was a great way to raise funds and increase awareness of our organization. Congratulations on such a successful fundraising event.

We are grateful to be the recipient of a donation honouring Nick's life. It is a fitting and wonderful way to recognize the passing of a special person - by helping those who are living in crisis situations, seeking a life free from abuse.

On behalf of the abused wonen and children who will benefit from our services this year, thank you for your continued support and dedication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.