1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Clone Wars Preview

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by darthgetalife, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgetalife Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just found this at Episode-X boards :

Cartoon Network Previews 'Clone Wars'
    (Thursday, July 10 02:49 PM)

By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The Cartoon Network unveiled the first footage from its pending series of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" shorts Thursday (July 10) to reporters at the TV Critics Association press tour.
    As the title implies, "Clone Wars" will follow the story begun in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones." Jedis Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker lead clone troopers in a war against separatist forces led by the evil Count Dooku. Other familiar "Star Wars" characters, including Mace Windu, Padme Amidala and Yoda, will also be featured in the cartoons.

The series of 20 shorts is scheduled to premiere at 8 p.m. ET Friday, Nov. 7. The first 10 installments will air at 8 p.m. weekdays through Nov. 21, while the second half of the saga will air in sping 2004. "Samurai Jack" and "Dexter's Laboratory" creator Genndy Tartakovsky is leading the "Clone Wars" team, with cooperation from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm.

Mark Lazarus, president of the Turner Entertainment Group, which oversees Cartoon Network, says he received the tape of the first episode Wednesday night. "We're really excited about it," he says. "So, with Mr. Lucas' consent we are previewing it."

The clips TV critics saw contained finished animation but temporary sound and music tracks.
    They included several impressive battle and flight sequences, and a scene in which Chancellor Palpatine puts Anakin in charge of a clone-trooper regiment, over the objections of Yoda and Obi-Wan. The Imperial March plays over one scene of marching troops, although that may not make it to the final version.

Characters are drawn to resemble the actors who play them in the film, although Tartakovsky's style is evident as well.

"Clone Wars" will continue the story laid out in "Episode II,"
    although it doesn't appear that it will establish plot points for "Episode III" as "The Animatrix" did for the "Matrix" sequels. Lazarus does say that the shorts could lead to "a more longer-form partnership between Cartoon Network and the 'Star Wars' franchise."
  2. medleyoz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds good. I can't wait.
    Hopefully that partnership between SW and CN will continue and blossom into a full proper TV series.
  3. Latorski Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds cool, i'm looking forward to it, it'd be nice to see them do something beyond Ep 2- maybe post-Ep 3 or between Eps 1 and 2.
  4. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Excellent....I'm really glad the shorts will be shown on consecutive weekdays like that. I was afraid we'd have to wait a week between episodes.
  5. kampilan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds fantastic! I need to sign up for hyperspace real soon then...btw, Grilled Sarlacc just made a big icon upload and you should see the cool CW ANakin, Shaak Ti and Barris ones! Sweet!
  6. Shadowknight1 Jedi Knight

star 6
    "They included several impressive battle and flight sequences, and a scene in which Chancellor Palpatine puts Anakin in charge of a clone-trooper regiment, over the objections of Yoda and Obi-Wan. The Imperial March plays over one scene of marching troops, although that may not make it to the final version."

I love that! Palps is feeding Anakin's ego!
  7. Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling

star 1
    sounds awesome, hopefully Star Wars and Cartoon Network will work together more in the future

*has visions of Original Trilogy cartoons set between the movies*
  8. B'omarr Jedi Master

star 6
    I saw the first Clone Wars episode last week in San Diego. It does not disappoint. It's very stylized, and seeing it with the backdrop of the Star Wars score was simply amazing.

Apparantly, it was Lucasfilm's idea to make the episodes so short. Originally they were only supposed to be one minute long, but Cartoon network pushed for more. They also said they'd like to do a 30 minute show, and if enough fans show support, hopefully they can sway Lucasfilm.

9. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    How much support do they need?
  10. B'omarr Jedi Master

star 6
    Enought to sway Lucas. Which, seeing as we still don't have the classic trilogy on DVD, is going to have to be A LOT.
  11. Blackout Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a funny feeling that the kind of 'support' LFL have in mind centers around DVD sales of the CW Cartoon. Along with merchandise of course ;)

B {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  12. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight

star 7
  13. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Somewhere between 3-5 minutes each.
  14. PS2Snake Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ya its about 4-6 minutes each i read it somewhere inside the new issue Star Wars Insider.
  15. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    How long are the shorts?

Sorry, but the oxymoron there is just really funny to me. [face_laugh]
  16. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    Most interesting. I like the part where palpatine sticks anakin in with a clone regiment, over the objections from everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.