main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary CLONE WARS Promotion help requested!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Calling all fan force members with costumes!!

We have been approached by Warner Brothers to participate in 2 events to help promote the upcoming release of the Clone Wars movie.

The first event is in association with the Calgary Vipers baseball team during one of their home games next week (Aug 5-8). They do not have a set date as yet, but information is forthcoming and will be posted as soon as we receive. Our duties during the game will include costumed members handing out promotional materials to kids/fans as well as participating in a field event in-between innings.

The second event is to help out with the advanced screening of the movie on Aug 9th. We are to greet guests and help hype the movie the morning of the screening - members who participate will also be allowed to watch the screening.

At this point, they are requesting 10 costumed members for each event. Your costume must be complete, of good quality and in good condition (no sloppy robes, or broken bits, etc). If we receive more than 10 volunteers, to be fair, there will be a draw for who gets to go.

Thanks!

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm in - for both events!! WOOT!! This is so EXCITING!!!

3. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I guess I should have said me first, or me two? Or I'm there already?????

4. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    I'm in!! I'm totally down for the whole shebang!

5. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Done and done! I'm in.

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't know if I can do the baseball thing (since there is no set date yet).

And the movie thing, just to clarify, is the Saturday MORNING (when till when)? If so, I might be able to make that one. I'll have to recheck my work schedule (as there were some changes yesterday). I'll edit this post with confirmations of yes or no later today.

EDIT: Okay - I'm scheduled to work at 1600hrs, but I could probably get an extra 1/2 hour or so. So right now, it looks like I'm in for sure! Just have to wait on clarified times from the theatre/Warner Bros.

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Kris - yes, it would be the Saturday morning. Probably until past the noon hour, I would think.

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I am in for the August 9th screening, but not the baseball game. Woot! [face_dancing]

9. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I'm out for the costume but any chance of a cross promotion.

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Sorry Dooks - no word on that.

11. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    I'll be down for the movie, but only if Karley can come as well. I will need a helper and its only fair if we see it together. Let me know.

12. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Can I be someone's helper for the screening? I'll be your best friend...

13. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    I could do the sat morning for the advanced screening...any clue on the times?
    If we do costumes is there a place to change and store them when the movie is playing?

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    This may be a silly question with an obvious answer, but which theatre?

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm not going to release the theater just encase we have people trying to crash it. The movie will start at 10am. so we will probably be there a hour early.

16. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    So my understanding is that you have to be a part of both events in order to get to see the advanced screening? That only seems fair to me, because otherwise most people will just sign up for the screening and forget about the baseball event. If it does come down to a draw as to who can go, I don't think those who signed up for both should have to compete with those who are only willing to do the screening for the obvious perks. Clarification on this would be appreciated.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Reilong_Dri

Reilong_Dri Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    GAH Why do I not have a costume!?

19. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    man i wish i had all my parts for my commander cody costume... :(

20. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    wont be able to do the movie unless some one really wants me there for the vipers need more info

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    To clarify:
    Because WB has asked us to "work" these events I find it more than fair to say that if you can do the baseball you defiantly get to do the screening without the lottery. Unless there is more than 10 for the baseball event. Then it's all up in the air.

As for helpers, unfortunately WB has only asked for costumed people for the screening. The people in soft costumes (Jedi) can help those in armor out if they need it. Apologies Cody, but if we allow Karley in as a 'helper' for you, EVERYONE will ask to be a 'helper' and we just can't do it at this time. We don't want to take advantage of the WB's generosity in including us in these events, and we want to maintain a good relationship with them in hopes that we will be included in possible future Star Wars promotions.

We really hope everyone understands. It would be great if we could include everyone, but at this time it isn't possible.

22. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    k i had to ask anyone got an extra costume one could use?

23. jacksonfett

Mar 4, 2008
    Hey ryan, can you confrim a rough date for the baseball event and the time of day? Because standing outside in armor no shade would suck in 24+ weather for 6 hours!... if its a 1-3 event im down in donating time.

24. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    The vipers have 3 home games on the 5th - 7th at 7pm.

25. jacksonfett

Mar 4, 2008
    Ok im out i suppose for baseball thingy, i can't do 3 days in a row i have my deck to work on. If you need people for the day of the screener in costume let me know, some how i figure that wont be the case.

Or if im wrong and were doing one day of baseball, i can do that lemme know the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.