main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary CLONE WARS Promotion help requested!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    ok i'm just going to throw my 2 cents in since i can see both sides of the story and sit on both sides too... first off i think most remember the charity screenings of the prequels right... i went to all in Toronto... Lucusfilm/Fox or WB had asked RL/FF and 501 to work the screenings and they did but at each screening they didn't get any perks so if they wanted to see the movie they had to buy the $250 ticket for the screening...

yes some times there are perks for having a bang on costume ei: Aaron Doulgas wanted to take myself and my friend who made my BSG blue service uni on set but at the time they were on hiatis.. Stargate has no special perks... Farscape: my friend and i are on the extras of one of the dvds and for Lucusfilm from what i have seen is that they are very pickly... charity screenings your "worked it" no freebies/perks, this clone wars screening "work it" you get the perk of seeing the movie after, video releases and toy releases "work it" no perks...

for this screening i don't have my Commander Cody done and i wish i did but it's not the end of the world for me since i now on the 15th it's going to be a hell of a lot more fun with the group all in our blue line shirts, and i know that other FF will get jealous since they didn't think of it... for me getting up in the armour/costum is never really about perks... yes perks are great but for me it's seeing the smiles and the joy the kids have when they see the jedis and the troopers.. i went to the kids day @ stampede to take pictures for the group and help anyone who needed help suiting up... let me tell you that as i ran around trying to get pictures of everyone who worked it the kids that got there pictures take with the group and teenager/adult the joy the was on their faces as there pics were taken... there was one young boy that first got his photo taken with Jackson and Michelle as they just walk out of the building and then with i think it was with Kent and Raelyn and then found out that there were more star wars people went on a mission to get a photo with everyone and after he got the pictures taken by his mum his was bouncing with joy and running to find the next person.. that for me is why i costume and can't wait for Xmas time (eg: children hospital) and next year.. but as a fan i can't til 7am when i get off work to fly down to chinnook to park my butt down in line and cross my fingers for C5...

so ya there are perks for both sides .. in or out of costume in the end we ARE all fans.. working an event or not working an event there is much fun and let me time you that sometimes it's better not to be "working" an event 'cos are not on a schedual that you have to be @ a certain place @ a certain time and sweating you butt out in the heat outside or in doors..

2. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    so does any one object if i show up with my b-wing for the 9th. it is going to be a long day ...

3. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Hey Ryan how many people so far have signed up for working the movie? You said if more then ten sign up our names get put into a hat. Is this right? I might not be able to without Karley just 'cause it's Star Wars and I can't really see it without her. But if you could let me know those numbers that would be great.
    Thanks.

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Cody - so far we have 7 volunteers for the baseball event and 9 volunteers for the screening event.

5. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Since the event for the screener is only till 12. i can make this one... Im back in again for the basball event and screener. Sorry about all the confusion

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Your already in the count there Jackson.

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Unfortunately, we've just been informed that the baseball event with the Vipers has been CANCELLED.

The roster for the screening event so far includes:
    PreludeRM
    Echosevin
    AaylaIsMyWife
    TapeTrooper
    JacksonFett
    Dr. Haggis
    Jedi_Ranger
    Veritate
    PadawanJohn

Updates will be posted as soon as we receive more information.

8. Kyree_san

Kyree_san Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2008
    apparently my post didnt do its job... stupid compy...

but YES id love to go!! I missed kids day and I want to costume it up!!!
    ^_^
    please???

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    You would make it an even 10, Steph. Thanks for volunteering.

I've spoken to the bosses at the theatre and am trying to secure us a change room. Will let you guys know what goes down and then we can set up a meet time in the morning to gear up!

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Good news!

After inquiring if we could possibly get any extra seats for non-costumed members for Saturdays event, they've agreed to allow 3 'helpers' to aid us (and stay and watch the show). As well, PreludeRM won 3 double-passes to Saturday's screening and has generously offered them to the group.

So, to be fair, we're going to draw for names for these 9 available spots. If you would like to be included in the draw, PLEASE POST in this thread BEFORE 2 PM, TOMORROW (August 6th). Please indicate if you would like to volunteer as a helper as well (these members will be asked to wear their Tosche Station t-shirts, so that they are identified as being with the group). After 2 PM I will draw names and post the winners.

Good luck!

11. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i want to be a helper

12. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Id like to be a helper too.

If that doesnt work Ill put my name in for the draw

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We're drawing for all available seats (helpers included), Leland. But letting us know you'd like to be a helper allows us to include you in the event planning (meet time, etc).

Thanks!

14. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    I'd be interested in being a helper! I will need a shirt if there's any available...XL...missed the last shirt thing.

15. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    I'm down for a pass to this epic movie.

Thanks

Greg

16. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    Please enter me in the draw (also, I offered to be a helper on the first page of this thread)

17. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I would love to be entered in the draw... But I am going to be out of town. Stupid family get-together.:_| lol.

Darth Paul

18. JKCY47

JKCY47 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2007
    hey, I'm down for being entered into the draw. so please add my name to the list.

19. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    im down for the draw

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay - the time deadline has come and gone and since we only had 7 people respond...

YOU'RE ALL IN!!! YAY!!!

Marcy, Leland, Winston and Neil - thanks for offering to help out. You'll be receiving an PM tomorrow detailing our meeting place and time for Saturday (it's going to be early, so get lots of sleep on Friday!).

Greg, Cam,and Chris - you'll be getting your tickets from PreludeRM on Saturday morning. We'll send you a short pm about that too.

We've been trying to get a hold of Cody and Karley for the last pass - have emailed and facebooked them. If anyone speaks to them, could you please have them contact myself or PreludeRM?? Thanks!

21. grand_admiral_karley

grand_admiral_karley Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2008
    Is it too late? Can Cody and I still be entered in for the draw? I just got off work and couldn't post in time!!! aaaaahhhhh!

22. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    To late to be entered into the draw.......................... but the tickets are now yours.

23. jacksonfett

jacksonfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Would be cool it get some pics of the event also. Im glad we got everyone in the more the merrier!

24. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    winbrant - I have an extra XL shirt. I'll bring it for you. You can have it.

25. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Thanks alot Ryan. This is gonna be awsome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.