main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Clone Wars, Rebels, Maul, and the Siege of Mandalore

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PimpBacca, Jan 6, 2017.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So first off I'll say sorry if this should be posted in either the rebels or the clone wars thread, but I really couldn't decide.

So way back in 2013 the clone wars was canceled to make way for rebels and we never got the final two and a half seasons. The day after the news broke Dave Filoni released some of his sketches some of which show Things we would have seen in Siege of Mandalore.

[​IMG][​IMG]

So fast forward to celebration 2015 and we get a clone wars panel with Dave and Pablo, So a cool panel but, but unfortunately no mention was made of Siege of Mandalore. This got my curiosity going. Why say nothing about it?

Fast forward once more to Rebels season 2 and we have the return of Asoka and Maul and a young adult novel "Asoka" from what I can understand this covers TSM. Does no one think it odd they covered it in a young adult novel? Not only does Maul survive but so does Asoka and Bo-Katan was not made the leader of Mandalore. I believe Maul and Asoka were meant to die in this Arc but this was changed because they are both rather popular characters, to this end my theory is we will never see the Sige of Mandalore because Maul and Asoka were saved for Rebels. It's also why we probably won't see the rest of the clone wars untold story's in any format, Especially Boba Fett stuff due to the eventualFett movie. So what do you all think, If I'm right was this the right move by Disney?

For what it's worth I'm a big fan of Asoka and Maul in rebels, so this isn't a bashing thread.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I don't know if I agree, but I sometimes worry about this. Ahsoka doesn't really cover the seige, but rather shows a small glimpse at the very end. I suspect they are saving the rest for another time. They probably won't for Ahsoka's story, rather I suspect they will want to bring Anakin and Obi-Wan to ROTS and finish the story TCW began. Since Anakin and Obi-Wan were just as important to the show as Ahsoka, and even more so after she left, I think finishing their story will be important. I hope because right now TCW ends a decent amount of time before ROTS, leaving Labyrinth of Evil as the only lead in and that doesn't fit too well anymore.

PimpBacca likes this.
  3. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    They sort of covered the Siege in the "Ahsoka's Untold Tales" panel at Celebration Europe (relevant part starts 30 minutes in).

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Even if they did change the plans surrounding Ahsoka and Maul, that doesn't preclude them from telling the story of the Siege of Mandalore.

Here's hoping Filoni gets to make an animated movie about it to cap off his show...

EDIT: What I like about the idea that Ahsoka's troopers painted their helmets like her facial markings is that it makes their inclusion in the Fulcrum insignia less weird and racist.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I've never heard any rumors about either character dying in Siege of Mandalore.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Ahsoka was meant to survive, as evidenced by some concept art from the end of the arc:
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka (and probably Rex) were meant to escape from Order 66 by riding on Wolves.

I can't remember, but I think someone confirmed Maul's survival originally too. It's possible that the chaos of Order 66 allowed him to slip away too.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That's not wolf . . . it's a space wolf!

Incoming Gamiel Warhammer 40K joke in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .

MercenaryAce likes this.