main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Clone Wars/Rebels/Non-Book club books and comics: the LGA EU thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Just thought we should keep our threads straight. Mainly as our Off Topic thread, and our Disney thread had more EU content in it, but I didn't want to dilute our Book Club threads either.

So, I thought this a good idea.

If not, we can delete it.

Clone Wars Season 6 is cool. I got the Netflixs free trial, and hopefully we will get a DVD someday.

Rebels looks cool too, but the animation style is different. So was Clone Wars but that gre on me.

Books and Comics, well, not a lot of good news there. Dark horse is wrapping everything up by August, so they can put out as much trade paperbacks as they can. And, we only have one more book that I know of for this year.

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The more I'm hearing about the last Clone Wars season, the more I'm wanting to see it. Not enough to purchase Net Fix though. [face_hypnotized]

I have to draw the line somewhere with all of this techno sucking me in. LOL!! [face_hypnotized]

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I don't like new tech but Star Wars keeps pulling me in. I got my first cell phone so I could keep in touch with my friends at Celebration IV, I got an Xbox 360 to play the Force Unleashed, I got my BluRay player when the Saga came out and now I have a Roku to watch Clone Wars on Netflix.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That is good news, as it was on the catalouge of upcoming books, then off. Also nice to see that the Han Solo book will get an audio version (not sure why it didn't at the same time as its release date?).

So Mika, you read (or are reading) the new Han Solo book, and you might be reading the new Brian Wood Star Wars comic-- so I got a question. It has always been presented to us that Luke created Rouge Squadron. The Brian Daley radio drama, the West End Games stuff, the books, and even the film Empire Strikes Back tell us this. Yet, in the comic, it is Wedge that does so-- and in the Solo book Wedge is a general, in command of Skywalker (I just read the list of charictors and the first few chapters of that book).

Does it all work out to fit with what came before, or did continuity change?

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    In the Solo book I don't remember Wedge being a general but I wasn't paying that close of attention...Leia calls Wedge "commander" which is kind of vauge. I'll have to pull out my Brian Wood comics cause I don't remember. It seems like only a commander or other high rank could create a new squadron, maybe Luke was the first squadron leader so it was "his squadron"?

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, at least on my copy (one of the "early bird" copies, in the Drama Pers..... in the list of names at the start of the book... it has him as General, Solo as Captain, and Luke as Jedi.
    As for the Brian Wood "Star Wars" comics, it seems lots of long time EU fans are disgusted with the stories. Even objectively I have to agree, as I don't think Luke would ever behave the way he does in the comics: and again, the film shows him as Rogue Leader. Not Wedge

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  10. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I can foresee the following happening:

The prior E.U. which up until now had some Canonization attached to it will become even more priceless and sought after. They might have just given it a boost.

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I can see that Zannah. It seems to me that they will still publish a lot of the Eu books, just with the "Legends" label on it. So, maybe the older hardbacks (without such a label) may go up on a secondary market like E-Bay. The RPG books that Pablo and I love so much (he is holding a copy in his hands in the clip) already have.

I still feel crappy from Friday's news. I am not surprised, and I never thought the books should supersede a film-- but to pitch ALL of it? I thought they would just go after the Post ROTJ stuff. I can see how Waru wouldn't be canon anymore, but the two-seater Y-Wing? I don't get it.

I feel like what they basically did was what they did in the early 1990s. As in, "well these old Marvel comics, and this old book we will call them "Classic Star Wars" but the real canon will be the new books and comics and games that are coming out now." Well, then 20 years later they added parts of the Marvel run that they liked, and parts of Splinter of the Mind's Eye that they liked. It seems that they are doing it all over again. Instead of classic, they are calling them "Legends," and that the old EU will serve as a "gold mine of ideas" to go back to.

Still, I'm going to read Tarkin, and the other books they are cranking out!.

12. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes my Jammies... They can do what they want to, it changes nothing for me.

:p on them!

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It will be legen...wait for it...

[​IMG]

A good place to start for their new line...Han's time at Star's End will always be cannon to me.

...DARY!

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you Mika, I plan on purchasing these when I order the Star Wars paperback.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just finished reading this 2 part story (not bad) and one of the Bwing pilots makes himself some coffee (not caf) so YES COFFEE IS NOW CANNON. But really who'd want to live in a galaxy without coffee anyway?

18. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I always knew we were descendants of a Galaxy Far Far Away. We had to go a Viking when the Jedi and Sith finally blew our other Galaxy to pieces. And of coarse we brought our Caf... er... coffee with us. [face_dunno]

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I saw the Rebels "movie", and liked it a lot. Honest.

22. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    From what I've seen of the previews, Rebels looks really promising. Not as serious as the Clone Wars.... at least from initial observation, but looks like it'll be awesome.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll get to check it out tomorrow. Still not sold on the Disney friendly kid and his "lazer slingshot" but I wasn't a fan of Ashoka to start with either and ended up liking her. I do like what I've seen from the rest of the crew...especially Chopper.

24. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    I will check in later and have you guys and gals tell me how it goes :)

25. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Rebels looks as stupid as Clone Wars to me

JediLightside1966 likes this.