main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Clone Wars/Rebels/Non-Book club books and comics: the LGA EU thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Mar 10, 2014.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Caught the replay and I think it was more good than bad. This could really grow on me, time will tell.

2. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey Jammies
    If you are in the mood of loaning the disk we talked about at the race Zannah and I would like to borrow it, maybe pick it up at the book club meeting.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sure thing. But, um, instead of a disk it might have to be a flashdrive. Files get bigger nowadays.

4. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    No problem brother I can bring my laptop and download...[face_cowboy] yee haw!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The first episode of Rebels "Droids in Distress" in available for free on iTunes...give it a watch.

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That was interesting. Not a bad episode, and good to know Pee Wee Herman still can draw a paycheck.

7. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Well now Vox... LOL!

Unless Appo and I find another way to view it, we'll miss it until the season is over and they've come out with the DVD's. But that's alright, we can wait. [face_dunno]I think.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The first mini movie "Spark of Rebellion" is available on DVD right now. I got mine at WalMart.

9. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    AH!! Thanks Mika!! [:D]

10. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    You can view all the episodes online at http://m.watchcartoononline.com/anime/star-wars-rebels.It seems to be getting better as it goes along. In somewhat related news it looks like America's Funniest Videos is going to have an all Star Wars episode this Sunday Nov. 2nd at 7 with "Chopper" from the show. Don't forget to adjust your clocks.. (it doesn't look like the link is working but go to Cartoon Online and you should be able to find it)>

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up Relin

12. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Indeed! Thank you hon! ;)

13. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    For those interested, Dark Horse Comics is selling their entire comic book line of the page 20+ years in digital format. This includes their re-run of the Marvel Comics. All for $300....I am tempted.

Oh and the sale is only until 12/31/2014. After that, Dark Horse will no longer carry Star Wars comics. Period.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I saw that...so very very tempting...

15. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    I took the plunge myself. I have the hard copy for 90+% of the digital package already, but this helps me grab those rare items/low print number stuff I missed recently. Stuff I didn't have would have cost me about the same amount anyway.

That and its pretty freaking cool to have every Star Wars comic ever made (38 years, 28,000 pages) at my fingers tips via my smart phone. Been catching up with some old Dark Horse friends.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I still have a few omnibuses I need to pick up (the hard copies). Sadly, I was late on that Boba Fett one-- and it is going for a pretty penny on the e-bay.

Cool for the digital fan out there, and gladder still that it is still going to be around.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Idiots Array!

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well Season 1 of Rebels is over. Overall I liked it. Strong finish with the last couple of episodes. Still not a fan of Ezra yet...my favorite episodes are the ones he has the least to do. Big fan of Chopper, really want my own.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I guess they are now. The idea of A-wings being newer is Legendary I suppose. Although, the Droids cartoon had A-wings (purely to sell the A-wing toy) and that was ret-conned to be a R41 Spearhead that served as a prototype for the A-wing later on when General Dodonna saw the need for a faster rebel ship and designed the ship (at some point between the Battle of Yavin and becoming a POW a week later).

A Z-95 would have made more sense, I guess we will watch and see.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That is ALOT of reading :p

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, looks like some of the "20 canon Force Awakens tie in books" are just sticker books, others are "easy readers"