main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars repeated on Toonami!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterGuff, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I just saw an advert on Toonami for us UK viewers with some great news, starting next Monday (13th), all week Chapters 1-20 are going to be repeated :)

What's that you say? We can just watch them on the computer? Well yes, but on Sunday (25th I assume), all 20 are going to "edited into a feature lenghth cartoon" at 7pm.

So it will interesting to see if it simply is 1-20 edited together with the titles removed, or if they interchange with other chapters like myself and others have done.
    Either way, I reckon this edited version is the version we'll be seeing on the DVD.

2. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    They Played 1-20 after the last one aired six months ago (aprox)... They Didn't edit any of the ends off then...

3. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, I don't think they can say "edited into a feature length film" if they're not going to even take the beginnings and ends off.

After seeing the advert again, I saw that the "feature length film" is on Saturday and Sunday at 10am and 7pm - 4 chances to see it!

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Even though I cant watch it I like this! I got some freebie yoda stickers!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just finished watching it. The film was great but they thoroughly spoiled it by having phone text messages in a box on the bottom fifth or so of the screen for at least half of the 'film'. Whoever thought that idea up should be lightsabered...

6. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Those texts really annoyed me too :mad:

No doubt a bunch of 8 yr olds: "Darth means father in Danish", "Darth means evil", "Darth means Lord, omg u ppl r so stoopid". Though I admit I laughed when someone said "Darth means sugar cherry teddy bear"

"Yoda is 3000 years old", "Yoda is 450"

When asked what was greater, Light Side or Dark Side, someone said "Dark Side has all the evil people in it, Vader, Dookoo, Tony Blair" - Yes, Dooku with four o's

It was in fact just the chapters played back to back with the titles and chapters taken out, though there was still a 2 or 3 second "black" between most of the chapters. Chapter 17-18-19 were an exception.

Chapter 6-7 still had a 2 second black, but Asajj's "I am Sith" repitition in Chapter was left out. Personally, I would've cut the music at the end of Chapter 6 out aswell.

Overall, pretty decent (despite those damn texts) - I'm fairly sure this is what we'll be seeing on the DVD. Not as good as some of the fan-made edits though of course ;)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, although I think I agree with the Blair texter :) .
    And when they did the 'who is the strongest Jedi' poll they could have just displayed the results, not kept the box up the whole time people voted!

8. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Yeah I agree the text box's really spoiled what could have been a great showing. Whoever was in charge of setting this up should re-consider their career in television, I mean do they think the fans thought ooh this is great, it makes a valuable addition to my viewing experience! If it had to go on at least it could have been placed on the lower black border, not covering the picture!

"Darth means lord of the cheese & onion crisps" jeez!!!!!

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It sounds like it's possible that the reason they had the text box there was so that it would cover up part of the picture, which would be annoying. That way, people would be more likely to buy the DVD than to just tape the show off of TV.

10. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    It sounds like it's possible that the reason they had the text box there was so that it would cover up part of the picture, which would be annoying. That way, people would be more likely to buy the DVD than to just tape the show off of TV.

That would be a good/annoying idea, but since there's still no confirmation of a R2 release...

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm glad they'll be repeating them since I missed Chapter 20. BTW, they're not showing all 20 episodes in one giant chunk. Clone Wars will be in 5 episode blocks starting at 7:30 p.m. EST alternating with the 4 episodes of Samurai Jack that will also be on that night.

Cartoonnetwork.com's scheduling page

12. Reyvn_DarKnight

Reyvn_DarKnight Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2004
    Just finished watching all 20 on tonight's (Sept 25)Toonami. First time I had seen it because I refused to watch any episode until the first season was complete.

Well finally got to see all 20 episodes of Clone Wars.

The Good:
    1. Got to see just how much of a bad a$$ Windu is when he kicks the crap out of a droid army without using a light saber
    2. At the beginning of episode of 20, got to see what a Vargar (an alien race from the RPG Mega-Traveller) would look like as a Jedi

The Bad:
    1. Lucas seems to have violated his continuity by showing that there
    are more then two Sith.
    2. POV of the story is too scattered.

The Ugly:
    Episodes are far too short. Though there were 20 chapters, the
    length amounted to three thirty minute episodes which did not allow
    for any possiblity of story arc extrapolation. Im sure some writers
    are crying because of the missed opportunity to write for an episode
    that is thirty minutes long. And I think some executive somewhere is
    crying because of the missed opportunity to make money off an
    episode that would be thirty minutes long.

13. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    "1. Lucas seems to have violated his continuity by showing that there
    are more then two Sith."

Asajj Ventress is not a Sith (Dooku even says that himself after she claims to be one).

14. YPL

YPL Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2004
    I was finally able to see them!

I tried recording them, but something went wrong with my ReplayTV, so I only got the last cluster (the best IMO)

General Grievous kicks major booty.

15. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Anybody in Canada know if Teletoon will be re-airing them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.