main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY CLONE WARS REVIEW(spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I thought it was very good. Much better than what i thought it would be. I think Battle Droids are finally gettin some of the personality traits that they needed in the Prequels. I just thought it was a really really fun STAR WARS movie.

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    O.K. for me Clone Wars was like the big box under the Christmas tree you have been waiting for weeks to open. You don't really know whats in there but you know its gonna be cool. Christmas morning comes and you open it and its a huge box of socks.

The battle droids were cool. All the clone epic battle stuff was good. It was all the stuff in between that was not so good imo. It wasnt the animation that really turned me off it was the lack of substance really. There were some real bad dialog. I mean worse than some of George's worst. There was a couple Bea Aurthor Star Wars Holliday Special bad moments for me in the film. I.E. "pet names" and Zero the Hutt. WTF? ......... horrible. Honestly the thing that bothered me the most and took me out of it being a Star Wars movie was the lack of Star Wars music. Just didn't sound like a S.W. movie to me. I'm sure it will grow on me. It will have to.

3. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    I'm intersted in hearing everyone's comments. Unfourtunately we won't be coming to the showing tonight... or anytime soon. We just can't afford going out to see a movie anytime soon. I'll probably watch a bootlegged version once it's online, especially after some of the reviews I've read, then decide whether or not to see it in theatres.

Quite honestly I never saw all of the animated clone wars Tv special when it aired. From the few trailers and previews of the movie I've seen I hadn't realy gotten that excited about it. The toys are what got me pumped though... I guess I'll wait to see what everyone else says after tonights showing. Tell me how the line party goes.

4. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    I forgive a lot of this movie based on the fact that it's a "kids movie" Kids are going to LOVE this movie and drag their parents to wal-mart to buy the toys that we want. That being said...

==The PROs==
    It's more Star Wars goodness
    the battle scenes were awesome
    Samuel L. Jackson
    the AT-TE get's good screen time
    no Christian Haydensen
    Christopher Lee

==The CONs==
    the score
    pet names
    poorly explained/unexplained Anakin having a padawan
    Zero
    creative license with canon
    Zero being voiced by freaking Truman Capote
    weak plot

5. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Honestly I dug the nickname SNIPS. I wish people wouls call me Snips. I think I'm gonna change my screen name to it. And the weak plot issue.? C'mon it a kids cartoon. Name a cartoon show that had great character development and an awesome story line. theres good guys,theres bad guys and they fight alot. It worked for Bugs Bunny/Road Runner,G.I.Joe,Transformers,He-man,Thundercats, Smurfs,Superfriends,etc.etc. And honestly you cant see a weak plot line in 4 episodes of a tv show can you Buffy/Angel fans? You gotta watch a whole season or in some cases multiple seasons. Does anyone care what happens to Ahsoka? What about Asajj? She failed and Count Dooku is gonna beat her @$$ for it or better yet Grievous will beat her. Grievous and Asajj Dual?;) Sign me up! And as far as the music goes, yeah it was kinda lame but I think most of the music for the prequels wasn't that great either. Plus like it or not, your still gonna watch it every week cause were all little STAR WARS junkies and if we can get a 30 min fix every week that will at least give us something to talk about.

6. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Personally, I really enjoyed it. Maybe because I expected nothing, or maybe because it was the first Star Wars film I got to take my girls to see at the theater, and they both really enjoyed it (especially the Padme parts - lol). I think the SW camp needed some refreshing after the prequels.

And, about that plot stuff. I have to say, the more I think about it, the more I think this movie matches the first Star Wars than anything. The plot strength was about the same and the newness was about the same. There was the whole thing about getting something small back to somewhere to prevent something big (Death Star plans vs. Rotta and Hutt-controlled trade routes). And I really liked how they approached certain aspects of the characters. I really look forward to see how they are going to perhaps reveal some of the things we were left scratching our heads over after Episode III, which I think they will in both this series and the live action series coming out in a couple of years.

Like I told TK8049 before he saw the movie that, the reason the movie is a cartoon, the reason it's different than the other films, is that it IS different. And it IS for kids. And that it IS made for television viewing. But did that make it less entertaining for me? Heck no. If the series stays like this, I'm all for it.

I think we'll see some less-action, more-plotted stories as the series gets on TV, but I think it made a huge and successful entrance. And, yes, I actually liked the battle droids.

There are some bad things. Yes, I'm still not sure what to think about Zero. Yes, I would have wanted a bit more drama in places. And, yes, the animation still bugs me but granted to a lesser degree. And, perhaps the music, but Williams has gotten a bit repetitive and I actually didn't mind hearing something on a different musical spectrum. But are there anything worse than many of the problems I had with the prequels? Not at all.

I don't think any the humor was any more outlandish than that in Episode IV, especially how it was originally intended. I know there are tales of the audience going into hysterics at the cantina scene in IV, and I've heard the same about reactions to Uncle Zero. And the battle droids were about on the same level of humor as Jawas in IV.

Now Episode IV had far less action, but let me not remind you what Lucas would have made Episode IV be if he was doing it now. The thing about it, and we all love about Star Wars, is that the battle scenes, especially those in space, were freaking beautiful and very fun, at least for me, to watch.

I say be a kid again and go see it. And at the least, you'll have fun and enjoy a Star Wars film.

7. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I loved it because it is Star Wars. I gotta say, Sithmonger, you have a point. It is very episode IV-ish. I did not really care for the music, but I totally get why they did it. You are right. It was to be different. Every single thing, pretty much, in this was different. And they just went for it. They were like, "change one or two things and hope they like it? nah. lets just freakin go for it, and change ten tons of crap and try to set a new standard." I like that. I like that they tried new stuff. I still think, however, you only like the music because it smacked of Miami Vice!:cool: lol. I was expecting Crockett to have a lightsaber and come running in on a landspeeder/speed boat... lol.

I liked it though. Because Asajj is freaking awesome.

8. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I'm soooo looking forward to that TK-Crockett and TK-Tubbs episode. It will be awesome!!

And, yes, I did forget to mention Asajj was awesome. But she did get PWNED. Twice if you count, no pun intended, what Dooku was going to do to her later. That's the episode I really want to see, but it is a kids show....alas.

Go Vice!

9. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    So... Is this like the pilot episode to the tv series? Or did I miss that? I know I know I'm a horribly unimformed person...

10. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Yes although this pilot is 2 hrs long and the show will only be 30 min.

11. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    I thought it was alright. First and foremost, it was a kids movie. Figuring the audience you really shouldn't expect a lot out of it because of that. Secondly, the dialogue really was better than Ep's 1-3 by far ;) . Then again, I went in with very low expectations of it.

12. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    You are all sheep! lol

13. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Shut the flock up and draw!!!

14. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    Well I got a chance to watch it today (online...) with my familly and everyone loved it. The kids won't quit going on about stinky and the whole thing. First thing my youngest said when it was over is "I hope they make a toy of Obi-won, and Anikin and his Padowan, and stinky in the backpack!" That's all he thinks about is the toys.

I know you guys spoke harshly about the music selection but I actually realy enjoyed it. Its a good change. The normal Star Wars Mantra was getting old for me... Of course my youngest litterally has the entire saga soundtrach memorized and sings/hums it everywhere he goes!

All in all I liked it. I think the series will turn out pretty good too... now I just have to convince my parents to start recording it on top priority on the DVR when it starts....

Oh and my girl was laughing at Zero the hutt... not so much the name but the voice. How did your kids react to a Females voice coming out of an "Uncle" fett? Or did they even notice? I assumed they did that to follow the idea that the hutts have different "sexual" stages sometimes being more feminine and sometimes being more masculine... What was your alls take on that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.