main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Scenery/Vessels/Technology renditions compared to Live Action Movies

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthKreVass, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I wasn't sure how to label this topic but I would love to hear some constructive criticism(s) on how well they design/render/portray the "SW" universe in the Clone wars series compared to the Original/Prequel films.

For instance, I love the way all the ships look in the animation version. The opening of ROTS was awesome though, very hard to beat that "kind" of animation/CG. Also, love all the different types of explosions, with some really looking like they came from WWII movies. Very cool.

I also love the way they "added/adapted" the SBDs. In ROTS, the two that ran up against R2, the design is slightly different, especially the rear/upper back area. Or they could just have been different models too. Maybe these are older version. It's great that GL doesn't give away anything when he does his movies. He drops you in to the middle, and you have to keep up the pace. Make it easy to explain things away later. Smart, and to be honest, for me anyway, it doesn't take away from what SW is all about. Fun, action, and swashbuckleting fun.

Isn't it great not having to wait 3 -15 years for new SW material? Oh Yeah!

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Along these lines, I've kinda wondered to what extent (if at all) TCW can borrow from the ILM's stash of CG models for the features, especially for the ships and so forth. It doesn't seem like the two CG systems could be that completely incompatible, but I can't recall anyone ever mentioning the possibility.

It's one thing for TCW to introduce a new character, even one from the films, because creative decisions have to be made about how to render him or her to match with the show's stylistic look and feel. But if they need to introduce, for example, the ROTS Jedi starfighters, can't they basically put a TCW-style paint job on ILM's specs?

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    From the looks of things I'd say they've already done it to some extent.

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Well I thought the ships and things looked cartoony and fake in the films, so the show's pretty much film quality as far as I'm concerned.

And I'm fairly certain that TCW Anakin and Padme actually have a GREATER range of facial expression than their live-action counterparts.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.