main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Clone Wars Season 1

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pugglethelesser, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    So what did you think of the first season of the Clone Wars series ?
    I hated the movie but so far I really like the TV series. There's a definite plot and character development, plus they did away with alot of the things that made me cringe.

2. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Well, unfortunately, I don't have cable, so I haven't really seen the Clone Wars series. :_| I did get to see the end of one episode this weekend while I was in Boston, and I liked what I saw. It was the episode where R2-D2 was captured by General Grevious, and Anakin saves him, against Obi-Wan's orders. I'm anxious to see more of the series. I'm definitely adding it to my Netflix Queue!

I haven't seen any of the movie, and I've heard from more than one person that they didn't like it, but I'm going to watch it eventually just so that I'm up on all the latest plot lines. They come in handy when writing fan fic. ;) Besides, I can never have too much Obi-Wan... he's the best Star Wars character ever!

I will say, though, that I'm not sure how I feel about Anakin having an Apprentice... It seems a little unlikeley to me that a man walking the fine line to the Dark Side would be able to successfully train a Padawan. Never mind the fact that a Padawan would be one more tie to the Light Side... But I guess I'll have to watch the whole series before coming to a definite decision regarding that plot point. [face_thinking]

~Celeste

3. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Go to Star Wars.com and watch the episodes online.

4. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    I just watched the 1st Episode on You Tube- Starwars.com only keeps them up for a week after they're aired. Can I just say that I love Yoda? :D

I really liked how they established- right from the start, too- the fact that the Clones may look the same but have different personalities. It was a nice tie in to Karen Traviss' Clone Wars books, and her development of the Clones' individuality.

I'm curious to know more about Asajj Ventress... definitely a wicked Sith woman there.

My favorite line in the episode was this-

Clones- General, you don't think you can take that whole column by yourself?

Yoda- *giggle* Have you three I do. Outnumbered are they.

[face_laugh] :D Gotta love the "small, shriveled green one." :cool:

~Celeste

5. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Managed to fit in Episodes 2 and 3 over the last few days. I'm definitely starting to love the series. There are some very funny moments, especially with the battle droids. [face_laugh]

BD1- This is a lot more fun when they're not shooting back.

BD2- I still can't seem to hit anything...

*SLAM* (Grevious knocking the head off of BD2)

[face_laugh]

I'm still not sure how I feel about Anakin having a Padawan... Ashoka is very much like him when it comes to bending the rules, albeit not as 'creative' as Anakin. But to see Anakin 'following the rules,' just seems a little OOC for him. o_O

~Celeste

6. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Yeah, I liked the entire first season alot. But please, no Jar Jar. There is one episode titled "Bombad Jedi". It was a good episode. But, it was ruined by Jar Jar's "whacky hi-jinx".

7. C0rr4n-H0rn

C0rr4n-H0rn Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2009
    I really liked what I saw of the show, but unbfortunately, I shipped out for the army and did not see much of it.

8. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Watch them on StarWars.com if you haven't seen them. They have them at great quality.

Its always hard for me to be unbiased.. I mean heck.., I still watch the youtube version of the Holiday Special 8-} But I have to say that this series has impressed me and got MUCH better as it went along. By the end of the season I was REALLY looking forward to next season. The themes got more mature and the characters had much more depth.

DISCLAIMER: All of the above statements are made after I successfully blocked all instances of :):shutters::) Jar Jar Binks.. Really.., I didn't think Jar Jar could get any worse than in the Prequels.. WOW was I wrong!!

9. starkiller5

starkiller5 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2009
    hey guys how do you think would win star trek or star wars [face_thinking]

10. starkiller5

starkiller5 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2009
    Speed:60
    Accel: 100
    Turn: 30°/sec
    Shields: 16,000
    Charge: 150/sec!
    Armor: 3,200
    Guns: 40 max
    Turrets: 100 max
    Space: 30,000 tons
    Cargo: 10,000 tons
    Fuel: 320 jumps
    Length: 32,700 m
    Mass: 10^14 tons
    Crew: 100,000
    Avail: Vader
    Cost: 500,000,000 cr
    Weapons:
    30 Lnchrs/9,000 Sup Torps
    1 Annihilation beam cannon
    1 Annihilation beam turret
    1 Bay / 2 Star Enforcer's

this is the death star schematics

11. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006

Yeah, not quite sure what the fascination is with Jar Jar. Couldn't he meet his doom in a bizarre gardening acccident ? And hopefully soon.
    Ahhh, I can always hope.

12. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Very excited about the Blu Ray announcement on Season 1! =D=

If you haven't seen it in Hi Def, try to as sson as you can. It looks incredible!

Rob

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I saw the preview for Season 2. Looks like it will be as good as Season 1.

14. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    I've made it up to Episode 9!! I know it sounds pitiful, being that they're only a half hour long, but the only time I have to watch them is at night. My husband thinks I'm crazy for staying up to watch some 'kids show.'

*shakes head sadly*

He just doesn't get it, especially being that he's never even watched the films. I tried to get him to watch TPM with me last night, and he fell asleep in the first half hour! *sigh*

~Celeste

15. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Don't feel bad, Celeste.. My wife uses Star Wars as a talking point as how weird I am and how I brainwashed my son :-B

They just don't get it :cool:

16. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Oh yeah! I'm up to Episode 17 now, and I'm really enjoying the series! I like how the storyline is becoming more continuous now, rather than keeping to the 'solve a problem in a 1/2 hour' idea that they were using at first. It definitely makes for a more intriguing and watchable show. I'm happy with how they're showing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. It's a very subtle transformation, which makes it much more believeable that Obi-Wan missed/ignored the signs, being that they're very slight.

I'm really looking forward to Season 2!!

~Celeste

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Yep, the first season developed a certain cohesive feel. About half way through the first season there was a definitive story arc, instead of the typical, " Find problem, solve problem, half hour over with". I also liked how they gave the clones more screen time. Part of what turned me off on the Expanded Universe was the same old story line. How many times can you read about Han/Luke/Leia, Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme getting in and out of trouble ? So, I definitely like the incorporation of secondary characters. The teasers for the next season look good as well.

18. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I am SOOOOOO ready for Season 2!! I really liked the way that Season 1 progressed into a darker, more adult -themed show by the end. I also am loving all of the EU characters being brought in. I am hoping, nay, PRAYING that there will be less Jar Jar and more.. well.. ANYTHING ELSE, in Season 2! :oops:

I am also looking forward to the Blu Ray Release of Season 1, which I will be in line to get the first day. :-B

I do think the break was a little too long, but maybe OI am a bit 'bias'.. ;)

19. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    So did anyone watch the premiere of Season 2 ? If so, what did you think of it.
    I liked it alot. They seemed to have kept the momentum going from the first season.

20. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Yes! My son and I had the snacks going as we watched it together. [face_dancing] It was really good. I agree, I think they kept it going right where they left off. I like the dark feeling and very good storyline. I really like Bane, BUT I am scared that they might focus to much on him and loose sight of storyline.. I think they might ride the wave of popularity.. [face_thinking]

BUT, BUT.., I am DAMN EXCITED to see what they do with the Mandalorians! :-B

21. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    I LOVED the season premiere!!! [face_dancing]

It was really good, especially the characterizations. To tie in with my earlier post, I think they've done a great job with Anakin, and it was evident that they're trying to keep the continuity going there. Finally, we're seeing some good EU!

And I agree, Rob! I'm psyched about the Mandalorians!! :D

~Celeste

22. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Definitely liked last nights episode. Some parts were a little too reminiscent of Attack of the Clones, but I think that was done on purpose. All in all. I liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.