main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season 2 Premiere

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The old VCR is good enough for time-shifting programs. I've got two sat boxes (Panasonic Sky box and an Echostar box for multisatellite and positioning the dish) and the AIWA VCR. All are intercabled and play nicely together. I'm of the 'if it works don't fix it' school.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I still record everything on VCR.
    My DVD player doesn't record from TV so I have no other option.

3. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I've heard news that the relic in Indy 5 is going to be a mystical Video Recorder.[face_mischief];)

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    *Pokes ObiWanCon with a walking stick*

Shut it you whippersnapper before I give you a beasting! I'm only 17 and you're beggining to make me feel old![face_worried]

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well a DVD player will never record anything. Do you mean your DVD recorder will not record from TV? :confused:

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Get a cheap DVD recorder and some good quality DVD-RWs, you will find the difference in quality worth it.

7. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Even though the tone of the show is getting darker, I doubt Ashoka will die at any point.

She could just as easily leave/get kicked from the Jedi order and run off somewhere, therefore missing the events of episode 3 and the purge.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That would mean she'll be alive during the OT, which personally I find unlikely.

I think if the show wants to convey the seriousness of war and the scale of loss it can bring, one of the major characters should die. Seeing as we know it won't be Obi Wan, Anakin or Padme Ashoka seems the next best choice since she doesn't appear beyond TCW series.

Shows about big wars usually work better if some of the main heroes die, having them all conveniently survive always bugs me.

9. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    That would be a bit anti-climactic though wouldn't it? Getting the established Star Wars fan base worked up over Ahsoka's fate only to have her leave the jedi order in what would probably be a complex plot thread entrapped in established EU and Movie-canon continuity?

Killing Ahsoka off makes sense dramaticaly. Just because it's a cartoon geared towards kids does not mean that they can't show tragedy, in fact it's a great way to introduce the large cost of war to children. So long as her death has a purpose and isn't too violent I don't see why it can't be done.

And in a universe where Togruta are taken as slaves (or worse) I think it would also be fictionally kinder to kill her off too.:p

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I have a Video Tape Player I use to record TV shows. The DVD Player I have does not record from TV it only plays DVDs.
    Seeing as my VCR is therefore the only thing I can record on I use that.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    8 episodes in and I must say I am hugely impressed by the series so far.
    The relationships between the characters is very good and the battles at times have been epic enough to be in the movies.

Some have been suprisingly dark, even dealing with signs of Anakin using very Un-Jedi methods of "interigation" or "persuasion".

I hope it will continue getting better. If the Live Action Series is as good as this then I think it wil work well.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've been enjoying this week's with the zombie Geonosians. I can't wait til the next installment. I believe the series is taking a break for Christmas in the US so we'll be caught up when the new one airs on Saturday (assuming it does - I haven't checked the Sky listings).

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    The last episode with the Geonosian brain worms taking over the ship was immense. Reminded me of the tension of the Alien movies.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes, it was a very good episode that one.

Seems that at the moment certain established Clone soldiers are the ones that get killed off. I suppose it's a good way to get the audience to relate to a known character dying without killing any of the movie characters.
    They may still go darker and kill off a bigger character, I suppose it depends on how many series they want to do.

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    As long as they stick to established canon and don't contradict it by killing off someone major.

Or they can kill characters I don't like. Such as all of Traviss's Mando characters :p

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Don't hate on the awesomeness of Mandalore.
    They pwn things because they should.

I don't see why they can't kill off anyone big if they don't appear in Episode III, such as one of the lesser Jedi/Padawans.

They killed off the Mon Calamari padawan last series.

17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Richie, judging from the spoilers about the Mandos in the Clone Wars series, I think you're going to be very disappointed :p

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I expect to be. I'm used to Mandalorians in recent years being turned into fooder for races like the Jedi to walk all over.
    It seems their glorious established history as the toughest non-Jedi race is no longer what Lucas wants them to be.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've just watched the Geonosis wrap-up episode on Sky Movies. Excellent! I'll probably catch the repeat a few times this week.

That's it for now on Sky Movies. There was an announcement that the series will return at the end of January after a break for Christmas and New Years.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up that Clone Wars returns to Sky Movies Premiere tomorrow at 10am and 5:30 pm.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The last episode wasn't bad, but not as good as the previous few have been.
    I think the next few episodes are the ones featuring Mandalorians in a multi-part story.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not quite yet - according to the Sky Guide the next episode has Grievous in it.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The last Episode was Episode 11 - Lightsaber Lost
    The next listed Episode according to SW.com is The Mandalore Plot

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's in the US. We're a few episodes behind as Clone Wars took a Christmas break. I think we are 3 or 4 behind. The same was true when the first part of Season 2 aired as it started here later than in the US.

Edit - it just finished on Sky Movies Premier +1. It was a Grievous episode. Not too bad, but I am looking forward to the Mando episode.

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Mando episode was great. Enjoyed their portrayal too. A billion times better than some of the crap seen in recent books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.