main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormwizard

Stormwizard Jedi Padawan star 1

May 3, 2010
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.:oops: [face_blush]
    I was referring to the design of the elevator in the background.
    It looks very similar to the elevator in the emperors throne room in ROTJ.

I don't know where Anakin and Ahsoka are but it seems to be some sort of complex.
    Maybe it's a research facility or a prison.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Aurra does make a reappearance (as we're all assuming she will) I wonder if she'll be significantly injured or scarred (or some other permanent change to her appearance). I mean Slave 1 did crash in a fiery explosion. And I assume that Aurra Sing did go down with the ship. I mean the crash took a matter of seconds, and I can't imagine that she could have ejected in that time.

3. Exlonox

Exlonox Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2010
    Are you kidding? How many times have they done that already?

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    We have quite a few living characters who could make a comeback someday as cameos or starring roles: Waxer and Boil, Aurra Sing, Boba Fett and Bossk, Bail Organa, Hondo, Cad Bane, Mar Tuuk, Duchess Satine, Pre Viszla, Orn Free Taa, Doctor Boll from the Zillo Beast arc, most of Sugi's band of bounty hunters, captured Separatist leaders, living Jedi Masters. In that list, Bail Organa and Hondo returned to share the limelight, and Aurra Sing and Cad Bane both got a story arc in Season 2 despite just one appearance in the season 1 finale. Mar Tuuk, Eeth Koth and Embo were originally meant to die, but they were saved in the final product to live to see another episode, possibly.

See, plenty of assets that they haven't killed off yet. Yes, I'm aware that some of them have plot shields. ;)

To somehow link this to the Season 3 discussion, I wonder if any of Season 2's supporting cast will return to the limelight. From the senators to the Jedi, it's anyone's guess which of them will get that special 'spotlight' episode. Heck, it might even be awhile before they properly return.

Also, if we are indeed going to Kamino, I want to see more of Halle Burtoni, the deliciously snarky Yzma-like Kaminoan senator. [face_laugh]

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I don't want the show to be hopping around as much as the end of S2, however I don't want complete consistency. I like the anthology style, but like the beginning of S2, with long, complete storylines.

6. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I like the anthology style, as far as being able to tell a series of short stories go. However, I'd like it better if they were arranged chronologically.

7. Exlonox

Exlonox Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2010
    I don't have a problem with not going in chronological order. In fact I think it's a bit fun figuring out which episodes fit where in the timeline.

8. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    Same for me. It's funny how the smallest (yet significant) detail can determine when an episode takes place.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, to be honest, the homages got tiring after a while too.

Here's what I'd like:

I'm okay with some chronology-jumping, but not if it involves Ahsoka and the main storyline. I'd like to have some straight chronology on the overall themes of TCW, with Sidious/Dooku/Grievous' overall plan, Ahsoka's growth, Anakin's growth towards the darkside, etc.

For the "anthology" episodes, I'm okay with them doing some chronology jumping because they should be mostly self-contained stories.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They should at least be consistent with what they do.

11. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    A pity that SW.com didn't post that trailer as well.

12. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Made my day, Bane looked awesome!:D And the return of Ziro...yup, I can't wait![face_dancing]

13. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    The reason that I want more consistency in the time is that I think it would allow us to see a steadier change in the characters. As an example, we know that ROTS-era Anakin is quite different than he was in AOTC, and I'd like to see TCW offer some development into why that is, and what made him turn darker. It's hard for them to do that when you have one episode that's five months into the war, and then next week, one that's set two months prior to that.

14. Exlonox

Exlonox Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2010
    Wouldn't that be boring!
    That makes perfect sense.

15. -Shadowcat-

-Shadowcat- Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2007
    I've read somewhere that George Lucas offered some insight about this in an interview regarding TCW. Lucas apparently said that Ahsoka had a role in the Anakin we see in ROTS, he had to acquire more responsibility and finally found out what Obi-wan went through while training him. And Filoni recently said that war is having a part in Anakin's growing darkness.
    That being said, I don't think Anakin is THAT different from ATOC and ROTS. IMO, he is obviously more mature, but essential parts of his character are still there. I see ROTS Anakin is some parts ATOC (when he isn't brooding about Padmé, or in the cut parts of the film).

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I agree.

17. anzeroth

anzeroth Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2010
    Well said...[face_peace]=D=:D[face_dancing]

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't know why Ahsoka fans drive me nuts about that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

19. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ^It does seem to be spreading lately, doesn't it?[face_laugh]

And I still have hope they'll fix some things we don't like in season 3, but I don't think they're in a hurry to learn what works and what doesn't. They have 100 episodes to fill remember.

20. anzeroth

anzeroth Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2010
    I think that Ahsoka will be having the dreams about Sing also because let's not forget she is her first kill...
    (Droids don't count)

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Aurra Sing does not die. :oops:

22. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Ahsoka very likely thinks she's dead. We don't know if she's ever killed anyone though.

23. anzeroth

anzeroth Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2010
    From all the seasons Ahsoka has never killed a living being before..(again Droids do not count)
    So now that she got her first kill it will haunt her in her dreams..But that is just a thought[face_thinking]

24. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Again, Ahsoka did not kill Aurra Sing. Not only because the EU says so, but because if you want to kill a major villain, you don't have him crash dubiously behind some hills...

Of course, Ahsoka doesn't know that, so she could still have some remorse from what she may think she's done.

25. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Possibly. That could definitely lead to an interesting continuation for the next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.