main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdenCook

EdenCook Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Or she'll have one line of remorse and then return to her usual chirpy self.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Edencook makes a point there, and it's been said multiple times before. Whenever something happens to Ahsoka, that usually stays within a story arc. Then whatever she learned or whatever effected her is gone after the arc. Even after multiple episodes afterward, Ahsoka remains the same. This is one of the problems of jumping around the timeline. Ahsoka's character is never consistent.

3. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Why would she even show remorse for Aurra's "death"?

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Guess what... that's happening with every character and motive in the series. Everything stays within the arc. There's no way that this problem only pertains to Ahsoka. It's just more noticeable because she's one of the main characters and people are expecting some kind of continuity in the evolution of the master / padawan relationship, but it's nearly impossible with all the chronology jumping.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    You can't do much with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, or any other movie character. Even with the chronology jumping, you can only do so much for them. You can add more depth into their characters, but only to a certain degree, if you know what I mean. Ahsoka, on the other hand, you can make her character evolve one way or another. We've seen at least 50 episodes, and Ahsoka has yet to show any sign of change in her attitude, or the way she interacts with other characters. Keeping her character "changing" moments within story arcs isn't going to do much to her character. She's pretty much useless then.

6. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Not a bad question. After all, Ahsoka's always been pretty hateful to her enemies, and seemed willing to kill Ventress. Perhaps actually being responsible for someone's 'death' will shake her. Or maybe Ahsoka could feel guilty about 'orphaning' Boba, if you compare it to how she thinks of Anakin practically as family.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm another guy who thinks Ahsoka is feeling haunted or regretful about Sing's 'death', which could be one of the themes/stories in Season 3.
    My take is that thus far, she's used to threatening/taunting enemies and destroying droids, or even just fighting life forms that don't seem immediately intelligent (as in the case of Geonosians :p), but the criminal behind a hostage situation is a rather different matter.

All her other enemies had very little time to get involved, or seemed rather like a game to her, or maybe she didn't connect to the ones that weren't humanoid. Aurra is her first direct, extremely involved sentient enemy with a face and a personality, so I can understand if she feels rather haunted that it's her first 'real' kill. Compared to how she probably viewed the rest of her enemies, Aurra was likely INCREDIBLY different.

It's also possible that pasty-faced, lanky Sith/Hairless Harpies just don't get the free pass that pasty-faced, lanky bounty hunters do. ;)

She's a fourteen year old padawan with a bright personality and a chip on her shoulder. Feeling sympathy for her troops is one thing, but I have a feeling that she just had her first brush with the darker, edgier aspect of death and violence in her life as a peacekeeper.

8. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, I do think we saw some moments where Ahsoka showed some maturing, especially in Cargo of Doom. I'm not sure where that fits in chronologically, but still, it always conveys that to when watching it.

Also, when teaming up with Bariss I had expected her to be really competitive, but instead she bonded with her and they really became a team. It's like sometimes she's more immature when she's around Anakin. (Kill counts etc.)

What's more interesting is that NO ONE is complaining how Anakin turned into this laid back guy so magically and so short after AotC, where he's this really whiny kid. Now there's a sudden transition! Anakin turns into a totally different person overnight, and no one is complaining that we don't see anything that explains how his personality was shaped this way so quickly, while everybody is all over Ahsoka.

9. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    ^I for one have noticed the change of Anakin, and I've brought it up before how it's not consistent with how he is in the films. But people don't notice or care as much because they like the optimistic, laid-back hero version.

They've shown him in more darker moments in season 2. Maybe they'll show more of this, and more weakness to his character, in season 3.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I realize this is not the book forum, but the Clone War books by Karen Traviss and Karen Miller provide some great facets to the relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka. And Anakin comes across in the books like he does in the television series: laid-back, more mature, more of a war-hero. It may be that Hayden Christiansen just came across as a whiner in the films. Like son, like father.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm guessing you aren't that familiar with the older CW material. I've said it in the past, the war has greatly effected Anakin. Possibly him, now receiving a Padawan might enforce some more responsibility, but I can see the war being the biggest factor of why Anakin changed since AOTC. Anakin became a Jedi General when he was promoted to Knight in the older CW material, a year before ROTS. Now that his Knighting took place eariler because of TCW, he is forced to take on more responsibility than what was seen before.

12. EdenCook

EdenCook Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Okay, so people are thinking Ashoka's remorse will be a running them. The reasoning behind this is that she can connect more to Aurra than she can lesser intelligent creatures, or something that doesn't have much of a personality. Does anyone remember Brain Invaders? Ashoka killed a clone that she said was her friend, and didn't show the slightest bit of remorse afterwards. This clone wasn't a enemy, he was a person, who she probably got to know personally. You would think she would show more remorse to killing a friend than she would a enemy bounty hunter.

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Technically, the clone was killed by Bariss. Although Ahsoka would definately feel pain at the loss of her friend, she still didn't have killing him on her concience.

14. EdenCook

EdenCook Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    That's true, yet she should have shown more emotion than one line. And Ashoka didn't kill Aurra directly. She didn't stab Aurra with her lightsaber. Ashoka saw her friend fall on the ground dead, while Ashoka simply caused the ship to crash. I can see her telling herself that she didn't kill Aurra, the crash did.

15. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Good point about the killing of the clone. I think a lot of people thought she should have shown more emotion/remorse in that scene, instead of 'He was my friend, he would never try to kill us. So, what's with these parasite things?'

Maybe the bad dreams don't have anything to do with Aurra at all. And of course there's the time-jumping to consider.

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I am familiar with the old material. But I was under the impression that some episodes in the current series take place only a few months after AotC. I'm not a chronology expert, so maybe I'm mistaken.

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf_cbzzoYSE

That is the link to the full Season 3 trailer. :eek:

A VERY special thanks to rumblewagon for the link!!!!

As YouTube will eventually take it down, here is what is in it:

-The return of Grievous...and ASAJJ VENTRESS! On Kamino, apparently.

-A certain droid named...TODO 360 comes back! And pushes Threepio! FTW!!!!

-Apperently, Aurra Sing thinks Ahsoka will die...

-The return of Padme... talking about fear and truth and justice.[face_plain]

-ARC 170s!

- Cad Bane and Jabba the Hutt...seem to be working together. Does he know about Ziro's escape?

- Ahsoka takes a New Mando down...

-"Less yappin', more blastin'!"

-Several Trident-class ships...:)

-Oh, Anakin foghts Asajj...[face_plain]

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :D

[face_plain]

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Man, I really want a good quality version of this trailer! Some good stuff there:

- Padmé's speech seems to be pretty good. And I like her outfit.

- I love that Kamino seems to be under Separatist attack, and it seems Ventress is there. It's funny that in Rookies, supposedly Ventress was infiltrating Kamino to prepare for the attack that was eventually thwarted. It seems she has another go at it in S3.

- Notice that appart from the "dagobah" shots, all shots that had the "vision" effect in the first trailer don't have it in this one.

- Why is Ahsoka attacking a Mandalorian guard...?

- Trident ships... lots of them... I HATE that design.

- Is that a multi-configration-terrain training facility on Kamino? The hall with the grids on the floors?!

- TODO's back! I just hope they give us a bit of explanation as to why/how he was rebuilt.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That Todo episode could take place before Holocron Heist, possibly. As for the "She will die..." bit, I doubt it she's referring to Ahsoka. Trailers lie, and you have to be careful on what you assume Aurra was referring to. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anakin fighting Asajj, and Padme's scenes sort of lowered my expectations. I'm not a Padme fan, and I think she's too over the top at times, and you know Anakin and Asajj are going to come out of that duel alive somehow. But, hey, Ventress is back.

Another thing with the "She will die" bit, in seaosn two's trailer, they showed Rex saying "I'll fight to my last breath to keep them safe," but Cut Lawquane actually said that. They just modified that scene around to make it look interesting. Trailers do that all the time.

21. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Maybe she meant that Padme will...oh, right. [face_frustrated]

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :p

Though it most likely be Ahsoka. I tend to not assume based on what trailers show us. Normally if someone's talking, they modify it and the scene he or she is talking in. Trailers normally do that.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Who is the woman behind Ahsoka at the 8:30 mark, is that Padme?

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I guess that planet is Alderaan. The one where the Naboo ship is flying to, and where Padmé is speaking, with Bail at the center of the table.

25. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    What a letdown! I was hoping for something totally unexepcted!
    I knew Aurra is coming back(granted I never believe she would die in the series)
    Bane with the Hutts is no suprise
    Killing off TODO was too horrible to be true
    Padme.....no
    Makiis is dead.....more Jedi fodder instead of a brilliant new Jedi
    Kamino and not Glee Anselm(Children of the Force)! Epic Fail
    So much for Ventress having a special ship

The only thing that intrigued me was the different Clone Commanders. Looks like Fordo was there! :D

No Fisto? What a letdown. Are they trying to degrade the awesomeness of this character?

I guess I shouldn't complain much since this isn't the full trailer but I still don't feel so great about this.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.