main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Allright, TODO returns!=D= And did I see Satine, or was that Padme?

And no new footage, but I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJb9nFslic&feature=related pretty hilarious. First, Ahsoka's voice actress says she has a 'Boba Fettish', and then the voice actor of Yularen/Yoda exits the stage 'I'm sorry, I'm a professional actor, I can't be around for jokes like this'.[face_laugh]

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I wouldn't count on it.

3. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I would actually because it looked exactly like him. Not a look-alike, exactly like him.

I believe there is going to be an Arc Trooper theme as well. That was revealed in that CN Movie description, right?

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    There might not be a "TV movie." That still hasn't been confirmed yet.

5. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    Just watched the video. Why do I have the feeling that Grievous is only going to be in one episode this season? Glad to see Ventress back but still I just get that feeling that poor ole' Grievy isn't going to be around much. Hope I'm mistaken :D

I can't wait for a higher quality trailer to come out; I hope it's soon but that's just me

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I think we'll get a lot of Grievous this season to pick up the lack of GG in Season 2.

I think we'll get the "official" Season 3 trailer at SDCC next month, until than let the speculations, opinions, ideas etc etc continue.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Now that I think about it, the thought of there being several squid ships isn't a good thing. I've been a fan of the design since the second trailer came out, and I hoped I would see it again, but now it isn't unique anymore.

I must have wished too hard...:oops:

8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Several thoughts on the trailer though....

-I really don't see how that ISN'T Captain Fordo. Ever since that episode in the MS Captain Fordo has been a fan favorite among fans and it looks like he's in.

-Was that Phase II armor I saw with the Clone Commanders? Maybe it's my vision or the crappyness of the feed.

-About time for an Assault on Kamino. It would only be natural for the Separatists to want to end the war with an attack on Kamino and of course the Republic would leave Kamino under good protection.

-Ventress v.s Anakin again....but I do like the rivalry between those two.

-That scene with the ARCs and Y-Wings was beautiful.

-Another Jedi to die. Hopefully he is killed by Grievous or Ventress :D

Though we should know to take these trailers with a grain of salt. I'm guessing the Kamino assault and Ahsoka's visions arc is early on. Unless the rumored T.V movie is the Kamino Assault. I'm certain Ahsoka's visions will be the first ARC of the season though.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    One problem I have with using Phase II armor is they should stick with it. I hope they don't switch between using that and Phase I, because of the time jumping problem.

That was Grievous and Ventress' main motive in Rookies, but they failed to invade Kamino.

10. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    forgive me if from pages 11-13 this was previously stated but...

Oh my god! the nikto jedi could be Tanis! and the clone could be Flybane!! It would make all sorts of perfect sense. after all, only the character model from Lightsaber Lost was called Maakis'shaala

11. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Looking good there. That huge space battle, in particular, really got me wishing for season 3. :D

Don't think there's a reason why that clone can't be Fordo, though we still don't know anything yet. At any rate, he's a clone I'd like to see developed. Gunships smashing through walls as backup? Yes please. [face_laugh]

Kamino is looking like it'll be great, and I loved what looked like a holodeck where the clones were in a livefire training session. I guess that with the 'subtle' approach down the drain, the Separatists are just knocking down the front door. XD

The trailer looks like it was edited to show the Republic taking a pounding, but I'll just take it with a grain of salt and just hope that they'll just step towards evening the odds. ;)

Not sure what the story is with out new Nikto friend, whether that's the tail end of the episode, or the start of a plot, or an action sequence to establish a new threat. In any case, I'm pleased as punch to see new faces like that...as well as what seems to be Plo Koon speaking in a council scene, unless he's just waving his head around for no reason. [face_laugh]

12. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    The space battle also made me really excited for Season 3. An attack on Kamino? I really can't wait now!:D

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    That is a really exciting trailer! [face_dancing] I know I shouldn't make any assumptions but there were a few little tid-bits that I really liked:

- So Ahsoka's nightmare seems to be about Aurra Sing. Could we be seeing a rivalry being set up between the two? After how stilted her 'rivalry' with Ventress was we certainly need a proper rival for Ahsoka.

- Call me shallow if you like but SPAAAAACEEEE BAAAATTTTLEE!!!!! It's something we have not seen enough of in TCW so far, especialy after being teased by that epic dogfight over Christophsis in the movie.

- I wanted to see more of that interesting octopus-ship from the film and it looks like we are getting at least three more at once! :D And by the way they are clambering over the buildings on Kamino they may be coming out of the ocean! That would be awesome!:D

- Todo kicked 3P0's ass![face_laugh] I'm not sure whether I loved that or hated it.On one hand it was another TCW character getting one up on an established character, on the other hand I love Todo!

- The Jabba's Palace set better have been rebuilt, the one used in the film was awful. It had none of the atmosphere on show in ROTJ. However Jabba was always animated well, and he's my favourite character model in the whol Clone Wars project, so he needn't have changed much.

- I do not like the clone's training armor. The helmet just doesn't seem right.[face_worried]

-Is that TCW's first landspeeder? :eek:

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. There were more on "Lightsaber Lost" and "Duchess of Mandalore".

15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I forgot about those.[face_blush] It's been a while since I've seen them.

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't remember seeing landspeeders... As far as I can tell, there were only airspeeders.

17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I don't remember Duchess of Mandalore so well but Cassie Cryar uses one to get to the train station in lightsaber lost. :)

18. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    No, those are airspeeders. Landspeeders are like Luke's in ANH, the ones that can only float a few centimeters above ground.

19. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    It's the same model I think, and what we see in the S3 trailer may well end up an airspeeder then.:_|

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Does it really matter if they use a landspeeder or not? I don't see why it would make much of a difference.

21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    To you, maybe not. To me? Yes it does. The Landspeeder was the first piece of Star Wars merchandising I ever got, it was a little lego set that I spent months playing with while making engine noises.

Since then I share an affinity with landspeeders. ;)

22. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    That is what bothers me about the Kamino Arc. There was already a Battle on Kamino right after the first battle of Geonosis!
    Notice how I stated "first battle of Geonosis". They are redoing all these battles! WTF!

I am so tired of waiting for a new planet to have a big battle on......
    (cough) Glee Anselm (cough)

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Oh, right. Then again, doesn't the quarren with a prosthetic eye have a landspeeder in "lightsaber Lost"? I think so. Anyway, the one in season 3 trailer could very well be another airspeeder...

24. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    The CIS know that the clone troopers are being produced on Kamino, so wouldn't it be reasonable for them to keep attacking the Republic's major source of troops?

25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    But you would think Dooku would stop them, comsidering it is a major part of his Master's plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.