main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Just having a thought...

Anyone think it's a possibility that red clone that was shown in the that preview and in one of the preview for the preview for Season 3 could be Captain Fordo? Obviously the red markings and they're putting a lot of emphasis on him in that preview and the other preview.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Doubt it. We've seen other clone troopers that resemble him, I.e Commander Fil from Lair of Grievous. However, Fil died. But, since this series is an anthology, I'm not sure if it's him or not or some other clone trooper.

3. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    I doubt it too but it's a boring Friday night and thoughts come to me. 8-}

Though I do hope they introduce him or at least have a small nod for him sooner or later.

4. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    It was a good trailer, athough short. We should see a full one around in a couple of months. I hope Ahsoka's dreams is a reaccuring theme through out the season instead of just one or two episodes.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Shaak Ti on Kamino? Really??? And it looks like she's wearing flowing robes, to boot!
    Season 3's looking interesting. This preview doesn't reveal too much, though the possibilities are looking good. What I'm interested in is that we're seeing a Weequay Jedi in the preview...could it be a sign that they're expanding the cast or maybe just introducing new guys to kill off later?

Force Vision...well, I don't place much stock in what's said about Force Vision (I mean, it's really one of those more obscure powers, who's to say what's true about it?), but if any padawan would be able to see visions of their own death, I'd place my bets on Anakin's. :p

Also, I don't really mind Grievous fighting Obi-Wan so long as it's used well. Then again, if they'd find him more expendable-yet-skilled opponents, I wouldn't have to beat the he-held-his-own-against-an-awesome-swordsman argument to death. Ah well, we all know I'm probably gonna enjoy it. [face_laugh]

And a small note: Cad Bane looks like he's captured a protocol droid and is planning to use it for some nefarious purpose. So I'm betting he'll be giving exposition at some point. Or, he could be creating a 4-LOM prototype. XD

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That's my concern, too. For this "rise of the bounty hunters," that line was basically nothing for season two. Cad Bane was shown only in three episodes, and that was it. The original short season two trailer back in March 09 showed Bane and even said he'll be around frequently in season two.

7. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah I see what you mean, Anyway Ahsoka's dreams is only going to work IMO if it happens throughout the season, if it is one or two episodes then it is just a blown chance at character development with Ahsoka and Anakin to a lesser degree.

8. Master_Ph0bia

Master_Ph0bia Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2008
    Since this season 3 discussion
    I think Boba is going to be in season 3 no doubt & im so excited for it too:D

9. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    The preview is up.

http://starwars.com/video/view/001020.html

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Right. Again, his mom.

11. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Shaak Ti on Kamino with flowing robes (animation looks awesome on them). Hopefully we get some acknowledgement of the Kamino/Sifo-Dyas/Jango clone template mees.

Obi-wan fights Grevious yet again (and hopefully for the last time).

New Jedi characters!! YAYAYA. A weequay Jedi.

Cad Bane has what looks like C-3PO in a force-field trap of some kind.

I too saw Aurra Sing (back of her head) at the end when Ahsoka startles awake.

Didn't see any New Mandalorians though. Curious?

12. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    The New Mandalorians preview was during one of the commercial breaks. As was an extended action scene with the new Red clone trooper and one of the new Jedi.

13. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    "Just like the dreams about my mother."

Anakin said that line to Padme and it could be used as a point of reference. Padme was very involved in the first situation, so she'd know exactly what he was talking about. She also might not know about Ahsoka's dreams.

14. Darth_Kyrantar

Darth_Kyrantar Jedi Knight

Aug 9, 2009
    everyone keeps saying there's a Weequay Jedi when he's clearly a Nikto...

[image=http://i41.tinypic.com/1jkyzn.jpg]

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Exactly what I was going to say.

16. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Ah right. Nikto. Shoot. :oops:
    It seems to me that they reused Plo Koon's character model, changed the forearms and stuck a Nikto head on it. Then again, the cloth effects on that guy seem far more visible. And it looks like he's fighting on...Ryloth? Is the Confederacy trying to reclaim the planet, I wonder?

Either way, it's certainly interesting, using the dream-effects from the movies. I wonder whether they'll do a major swing in mood and bring in the Separatist victories...:p

Also, Shaak Ti on Kamino...really reminds me of the Dark Horse comics where they had a battle on Kamino and she was introduced to the ARC troopers. If there's going to be a TV-movie event about clone trainees, it could very well have influences or some adaptations from it.

17. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "The New Mandalorians preview was during one of the commercial breaks."

Describe it pleas.

18. idpullthecurtains

idpullthecurtains Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2010
    Isnt that Nikto Jedi and not a Weequay one?
    And very clearly that is Shaak Ti.
    And yep Aurras in there for sure.

19. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah I was confused about this "weequay jedi", its definately a nikto!

WOOT! Finally Shaak Ti makes it to the cast, flowing robes and all. Kamino looks great! :)

Cannot wait!

Also, nice to see Aurra and Cad Bane returning.

20. hammersoth

hammersoth Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    Was it just me or did I spy Ahsoka walking around what looked to be Dagobah at the start of the trailer?

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The very same thought occurred to me as well, but she seems to be having a vision of walking around Dagobah. It's possible Ahsoka is highly prescient of future events.

22. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ^I thought I saw that too. Ahsoka on Dagobah.. I really hope that doesn't happen.

And the season 3 preview doesn't seem to be working on the Official Site. Good thing I've already seen it.

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm glad someone mentioned it! Ahsoka desperately needs a costume change. Do we really expect that a young, teenage girl would go very long wearing the same tube top and skirt? Aren't they about ready to disintegrate from all the wear and tear?

Even Leia got costume changes throughout her films.
    Padme changed costumes about three times a day!
    (Time to start up my petition to the powers that be!)

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Yeah -- how many other people saw the other quasi-trailer with the Mandos and the green planet with the giant Space Needle-ish building? There were a couple of scenes in that that weren't in the actual trailer at the end of the show.

25. Exlonox

Exlonox Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2010
    Unlike most of you, I don't think that the "premonitions" will consist of a small arc at the beginning of the season. Instead, it will be the new plot-telling device of The Clone Wars. Think about it. It would allow the series to continue infinitely. But you say, "The preview for Season 2 was full of Cad Bane." The preview at the end of Season 1 was a Cartoon Network-style preview. The trailer at the end of Season 2 was a full-fledged Lucasfilm effort, from what I gathered. The voiceover is what gave me this idea. "They're so real." "Premonitions...and many possible futures there are." It seems pretty blatant. Anyhow, just a theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.