--Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_Admiral Force Ghost

star 4
    Not all Jedi have the abilities and cunning that Yoda, Windu, and Skywalker have. Just look at the Dark Horse comics, where a Jedi was killed about every other issue or so during the Clone War period.
  2. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

You should keep in mind that this show doesn't really derive itself from EU. More from the notorious GL.
  3. Game3525 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, people tend to forget that.
  4. KazeYama Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really hope Season 3 isn't Ahsoka centric. I thought Nika Futterman said Asajj would have a big role in Season 3 but we didn't see anything of her. Shaak Ti in the trailer is the only thing I care about though. I really really really want atleast 1 or 2 episodes with Shaak Ti able to show off her stuff. If they show Shaak Ti vs. Asaaj or Shaak Ti vs. Grievous then I can die in peace and consider the Clone Wars worthwhile regardless of what they do after that.

Also the trailer seems like it might hint at the rumors concerning a Season 3 premier movie focusing on clones to be true since you have a shot on Kamino and lots of clone action.
  5. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    Yeah. It's clearly a spark if you watch that clip in motion.
  6. Armchair_Admiral Force Ghost

star 4
    You mean the same GL that had a whole bunch of Jedi die in the Geonosis arena battle? The same GL who had three Jedi Masters get wiped out by a Sith Lord in a matter of about ten seconds? o_O
  7. Sophia14 Jedi Padawan

Loving Shaak Ti's appearance the most, but am really looking forward to Ahsoka's dreams :D
    The first bit where Ahsoka is standing in the misty swamp, and the feet appear really does seem to be Dagobah?? I don't see how that could work unless she is seeing mega epic premonitions of Luke? which would be mega cool, but would never happen. I think her preminitions will be about Anakin's fall to the dark side, which would also be cool, with perhaps a flash of the duel on Mustapha!! I would die happy if that happened!

Not too sure on the Obi-wan vs Grievous fight, starting to wonder why he was picked to go in episode 3 considering how many times he Failed! though any scene with Obi wan is a good scene :D Ziro's reappearance could be cool, but i hope it involves Jabba.

but overall i think it looks like season 3 will be awesome. so happy that it states its coming this fall, since this season finished so late i was worried they wouldn't air season 3 til like christmas!
  8. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

The same GL who takes an active role in TCW story development.
  9. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    That's what he meant. If it is the same GL, then we could expect some Jedi dead.
  10. Suzi-Wan Jedi Padawan

Off to take another look then....

update: Yep, def hair. Oh well, maybe Ventress will show up anyway[face_skull]
  11. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah thought it was Ventress but looks like it's Sing, not conclusive but definitely suggestive.

No Sidious, no Dooku, no Ventress, one clip of Grievous vs. his old friend Obi-Wan. Hard to draw any conclusions from this trailer, although I'm glad they're getting into the Force visions.
  12. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    You don't want to get spoiled too much now do you!:p

For a 30 second preview it served it's purpose. Nothing but a tease.
  13. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh I agree, but I've learned after the PT trailers, the Boba Fett trailers, etc. that usually the actual episodes are letdowns. [face_laugh]
  14. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    They maintained the Force vision ripple effect around the edges of the frame throughout the whole trailer. I don't know whether to take that as all of those clips being from Ahsoka's visions, or just an effect for the trailer.
  15. Strika23 Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm still getting over the Shaak Ti appearance, and flowing robes too! She's one character I've been dying to see in TCW! I hope she's voiced by the same actress who voiced her in TFU. Susan Eisenberg I think, the voice of wonderwoman from Justice league. TFU is supposed to be top level canon with the movies, so I hope they stick with her voice or something very similar for this series. Also, hopefully in season 3 we can get the rest of the council so we can finally see a jedi council scene that involves more than Mace, Obi Wan and Yoda (and sometimes Plo).

Also, I was sad that there was no scene of Ventress (apparently shes supposed to return in season 3), but I'm guessing the "big" season 3 trailer that will come out in the summer will have her and many other long awaited things in it. Last years trailer for season 2 blew everyone away, I hope season 3 will too!
  16. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    Probably at SDCC this year we'll get the official Season 3 trailer.

With C5 we'll probably get more official information on Season 3 and maybe a different smaller trailer.
  17. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    Meh, more of the same. I was hoping that they'd changed some of the style or main character models a little bit. But Ahsoka's still in the exact same film/Season One costume and Obi-Wan's still dueling Grievous.

What has shown potential in TCW (the Boba Fett trilogy in particular) turns out to be complete letdowns. This doesn't even look interesting except for one shot. I know this preview obviously wouldn't show much, but a teaser should get you intrigued. If anything, it gives me a bad feeling...possibly a focus on Ahsoka, Ahsoka on Dagobah, and Ziro.

Now, this is the one shot that I was excluding. It looks like there's other Jedi/Dark Jedi behind the Weequay/Nikto, so maybe this is Sora Bulq with rogue Jedi?
    [image=http://i41.tinypic.com/1jkyzn.jpg]

EDIT: Nevermind, just blasterfire.
  18. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

That's where my theory comes in. :p
  19. KazeYama Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually if they really want to expand and try a lot of crazy stuff in the Clone Wars they can basically make whatever they want and just have it end up being a dream or a vision. Like they could have an episode of Anakin fighting grievous but in the end it turns out it was just a dream Ahsoka was having. They could do some interesting or unique stuff and not have to worry about ruining canon since it would happen within the context of a vision.

Obviously I wouldn't want to see them do everything like that but it could come in handy if they need to retcon something or are worried about continuity.
  20. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

That would be the theory. lol
  21. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Don't worry, it was all a dream". [face_talk_hand][face_whistling]

22. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    The jedi get blown away pretty readily in episode 2 and episode 3.

And Han and Chewie do as much as the force using characters of the OT....and those two don't even use that much force (Luke still favored his blaster until ROTJ).

If anything, it is the EU that made them into super heroes.

Anywya, I didn't mind the lack of Ventress or Grevious. Those characters are a bit voerused...the more they appear, the more they fail, and the more pathetic they look. BEsides, I like seeing the personalities of new villians.

Speaking of overused characters, I vote less Anakin/Obi-Wan/Ashoka episodes. Have more like the Lair of General Grievous, with new and minor characters as protagonists.
  23. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

I couldn't agree more. I've been looking forward to a Plo Koon/Kit Fisto team up since we saw a split-second of it in the newsreels.
  24. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Agreed. So very much. [face_laugh]

I wonder what flaws they'll address in season 3...if it's anything like the last two seasons, I'll be entertained-but-let-down somewhat. Still, they're pretty capable of learning from their mistakes one step at a time. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've learned. And yes, season 3 and season 2 are very close together so it's not likely that there will be too many drastic changes.:p
  25. Exlonox Jedi Padawan

About the same difference as that between 1 and 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.