main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [face_tired]

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't really see too much to get excited about this trailer. Other than the confirmation of Shaak Ti. It's just a little teaser that doesn't really convey the idea of "brand new amazing season ahead". This could be the trailer for the next duology still in Season Two and it wouldn't be any different.

I do not, for a second, believe that this "Ahsoka's premonitions" theme is something that will permeate and bind Season 3 together. That's a trilogy somewhere in there, at most.

I really hope Season 3 shakes things up a bit. But I'm keeping my hopes down.

3. iknowimalive

iknowimalive Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2010
    I think that this trailer is a pretty good one. Someone had commented on how the cloudiness of the trailer lasts throughout. From what I see, these are all visions of Ahsoka's.

Wondering too: I think Obi-Wan has fought Grievous enough. Do you think that maybe this could be a vision of ROTS when Obi-Wan fights Grievous and kills him? It's an extreme idea and I think it would almost make things more complicated, but it's just a thought.

Shaak Ti- that should be interesting. Ahsoka and Shaak, even though the same species, are very different in personality. Ahsoka reminds me a lot of Maris Brood. The relationship between Ahsoka and Shaak could be a lot like that.

I'm hoping to see more of Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee. It was interesting to see another Master/Padawan duo in the series.

Perhaps in S4 we could see more Aayla?

And PLEASE let's make a costume change- I agree.

4. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, remember that the Season 2 trailer looked INCREDIBLY epic, yet somehow we got a large number of curious stories (in fact, I'm going to start referring to season 2 from now on if we're talking about weird-story-ideas-that-somehow-work), and from time to time we'd find remains of bad writing. Trailers are tailor made for awesomeness, but aren't exactly a guarantee.;)

Gry's got the right idea, actually, as the show seems to be somewhere in the middle of doing the same stuff and changing things up. Given how suddenly an episode can take turns into less exciting parts, it's smart not to expect too much.

Still, I will say it does look promising. XD

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, and I agree with Gry. This teaser show us nothing really important or new to be so exciting about.

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Do you want the short list or the long? ;)

I only saw the one on the official site, I didn't see any of the other snippets with Mandalorians and whatnot. The official site trailer was all right, but I really saw nothing to get really pumped up about (again, other than Shaak's confirmation). What? Ahsoka gets some premonitions about something, Obi duels Grievous, clones fire blasters, Ziro is there, Cad Bane is there, Aurra is there... Not much new and exciting there. And I'm willing to bet that most of those fuzzy scenes are not actual visions, but just random shots with the effect added to build up the trailer.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Why would Ahsoka have premonitions about a Nikto Jedi? :p

I'm really surprised that so many people think everything shown in the trailer is a Force Vision sent to Ahsoka.

These are clearly episode clips, and they add the "dream framing" to fit in with the theme of premonitions. Stuff like Aurra coming up on a sleeping Ahsoka could either be vision or reality, hard to tell.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Trailers can fool you, too. I wouldn't count on Ahsoka dreaming of all that, and most of those dream-like effects were most likely added in for the trailer.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Some of those clips may be visions, but I feel confident that not all of those clips with the "vision framing" are truly visions. Every little clip was only a couple seconds long. The transitions would have been awful if it was jumping between some clips with the vision framing and some clips without it.

I think the last shot of Aurra looking over Ahsoka lacks the vision frame, but for all we know that shot could end up being a vision, while half the clips with vision framing are not visions.

11. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Ahsoka having a vision of Yoda in exile would be interesting, as it would make Yoda wonder what could possibly cause him to be in exile... and raise the stakes of the war they are fighting and the importance of finding and defeating the returned Sith.

I wouldn't actually mind a small reference to Dagobah just for Yoda's eyes, or Bail's... always wondered how Yoda came to pick that as his place of exile. Not that there has to really be a story there - it could just be a planet Yoda passed by one day that the Republic decided wasn't worth their time.

Come to think of it the show will probably just mess up the Dagobah reference and have it be some secret Separtaist science facility so maybe it's better if they don't do anything with it. ;)

12. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I wouldn't want Ahsoka seeing Yoda exiled on there, as it would be somewhat weird. Yoda is the most powerful Jedi on the Order, and not even he can see his fate, yet a Padawan can? I just wouldn't like that. Maybe if Ahsoka SAW Dagobah, but got these funny visions of future events unfolding, like seeing Luke walk into the Dark Side Cave, but not knowing who he is. Something like that.

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Yeah, sometimes I get caught up in the show's attempts to make Ahsoka the second coming.

RE: Costume change. Don't see how that can happen before season 4 at least with the way they do the animation so far ahead. Am looking forward to seeing the robes though.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Misread the prophecy was. Ahsoka Tano the Chosen One is.
    :cool:

Why is it assumed that a Jedi (any one Jedi) would have control over what they could see in the future? What if it is the will of the Force that decides what is revealed to a particular Jedi?

15. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I like the fact that the trailer used "visions of the future" as a medium. It really gave it a more mythic quality.

16. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Great to see Shaak Ti, Kaminoans, Clon Commandoes, Ganch, Maakis Shaala, Grievous and Ziro. Not so sure about "brainwashed" Mandolorians though, but I think Aurra Sing could be in a great revenge sequence after Ahsoka, trying to kill her and all...

17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Where was Shaak Ti in the trailer? I must have missed her..

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Kamino shot.

19. MasterSora

MasterSora Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    I'm not saying seeing Shaak Ti wouldn't be cool, but has anyone considered the fact that the adult Togruta we see could be an adult Ahsoka? The Kamino shot did, after all, have that dream-like border effect going on. Of course, so did most of, if not all of, the trailer. So, was it an actual dream sequence? Probably not. But, at the same time, probably so.

The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems, but part of me really wants to see Ahsoka foresee her adult self. Did anyone else, on their initial viewing of the trailer, shout out "Adult Ahsoka!" or am I alone? Haha.

20. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Nah, I don't think so. Ahsoka wouldn't be that old until like, 11BBY, which is during the Dark Times when there was not much cloning going on. That is Shaak Tii for sure.

Happy Star Wars Day all! May the Fourth be with you!!

21. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    With Shaak Ti, hopefully that means we'll see Tiin, Piell and either Coleman Kcaj or Oppo Rancisis.
    Then we'll have the complete council.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That clone commander wasn't Ganch. It would be that Nikto's clone officer.

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    You know, if they really go with this Force Visions thing, I'd like to see some innacurate future visions. Much has been said about visions not being reliable, about the future always being in motion, and yet all of the visions we've ever seen have been accurate representations of future events (Luke's friends in pain on Cloud City, Shmi's and Padmé's deaths). If Force Visions are also supposed to show possible futures that never come to be, we could see some cool "alternate universe" stuff, like Anakin and Padmé living together happily with their twins, being paid a visit by some of the Order 66 casualties, or Obi-Wan's death on a volcanic planet at the hands of a hooded lightsaber-wielding figure.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Agreed. I realize it's really the films that give us The Saga with its mythic plotlines, but one of my biggest complaints about TCW Season 2 is that they've made it too serialized, removing the larger themes of Sidious/Dooku and their plot, and Anakin's fall, the problems with the Jedi Order, et cetera.

Even using Force visions reminds us that there's a larger version of the Force out there affecting things.

Whether or not there's 2 aspects to the Force (the "living Force" and the "universal Force" or "Will of the Force") is a debate for another time.

What I find interesting is that Force visions come and seem like a temptation - to Luke to abandon his training to save his friends, to warn Luke about Vader's true nature, to Anakin to find his mother, and to save Padme.

It's almost as if the Force is testing Our Heroes and seeing if they truly have the discipline to see things through.

Which is why I'm honestly a little worried that Ahsoka is having visions, to tell you true. She's already been established as a Mary Sue type character, and now she's the only Jedi we've seen besides Anakin and Luke who have had visions.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    She's too powerful. They gave the writer's pet extremely rare Force visions, but I don't know how it's going to work correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.