main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series --Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Trailer Discussion--

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't see that big a deal with her having Force visions, I just don't like the Anakin-copied thing with her having premonitions and getting advise from Yoda. But I think it's what those visions are about that's more important. It could be flashes of 66, her own death, Anakin becoming Vader. Who knows, it could be some warning that the Togrutas (her people) are in danger on Shili, or something else we don't see coming.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I have a problem with her having visions, and her going to Yoda to seek out help. Resembles Anakin completely. Her poorly written character is mirroring Anakin, and we barely see Anakin even with Ahsoka. Not only that, we never seen him actually tell her something about her training, or even train her in the series. Karen Miller's Wild Space and now Gambit: Siege show bits of it, but even those bits don't exist in TCW.

3. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I think it should be Plo Koon she goes to for advice on visions. You know, for having a big Plo Koon fan as head of this show, we don't seem to see him much.

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It goes down to Lucas who has to approve it, though. He even said himself that Plo can't be in everywhere. It would make sense that she goes to Plo, but Lucas might have made it Yoda.

5. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I was trying to find the season 3 preview, and it doesn't seem to be on the official site anymore. Did they take it down?

While I was looking for it though, I came across this from Ashley Eckstein, it's not much, and I know she's not exactly considered the most reliable person, but it was about season 3 and Ahsoka:

'We've seen her grow up and mature a lot and in the season finale we see a hint of what to expect in season three. And I have to say, we're already halfway through recording season three and I'm happy to say that she's prominently featured in season three. We just finished this one three part story arc in season that...the storyline just blew my mind. Season two she was in and out quite a bit, but she was given some great story lines. But I can guarantee to the fans that there are some great things coming up in Season Three.'

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm not sure of the circumstances, but it's rather admirable that Dave is covering a large amount of things not-Plo Koon. Anyhoo, I WOULD like to see him advising Ahsoka more, and this vision thing seems like it'd be a great fit as well. VERY good idea, XCell! :D

Well...she IS going to Yoda, but then, he's the grand master who's supposed to know all this stuff. :p

Cad Bane possibly kidnapping Threepio...well, it's not as heinous as kidnapping Artoo, but still, that's pretty low, even for a bounty hunter. XD

7. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Ahsoka really should have been Plo Koon's Padawan, IMO.

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    To her, yes, to fans who know Star Wars and what can work and not, probably not. They're giving Ahsoka way to much freedom than she needs. Anakin is her master. She should be with him, not with any other Jedi or by herself. She's too powerful, and the list goes on and on. Ahsoka is really a poorly written character.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If they improve her character, it might save the series.

But basing the series around her...I have a terrible feeling about this.

And Bendu - yes, Anakin eventually ends up being the Chosen One out of love, but he also had a chance to restore balance in ROTS, but he selfishly chose to side with Palpatine.

And when I mention he's the Chosen One, I'm referring more to the fact that not even Master Yoda has a midichlorian count as high as he does.

As a matter of fact, I'd like the writers to get Anakin to do some more ridiculous stunts....he's been relegated into almost a normal Jedi on the show, and I think they need to show that he's beyond most of the Jedi.

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    My own personal stance and opinions on Ahsoka aside, I daresay this is straying dangerously close to the "Let's all bash Ahsoka" territory, objective or not. If we'd like to continue this train of thought, we should use the character discussion thread to bash the character, as the boards intended. :p
    EDIT: Taking the necessary steps to improve her isn't so much of a problem for the writers, as we've seen her in learning capacities, going to others for help, and cooperating with others, rather than being the be-all-end-all solution to every problem. What they really need to do is show consistency with these lessons, really. It's like they're perpetually stuck in taking steps without stringing them together.

So...yeah...anybody know any information on why a gatling gun wielding trooper would have a clear T-visor like that in the trailer? And does the Nikto Jedi look like Plo Koon's recycled model, or does he seem unique? I DO believe and have stated that his cloth effects certainly look a lot more animated, so there's that...and he looks like he's on Ryloth to boot. Well Ryloth-as-we've-seen-it-on-the-show anyway.

When I saw that red-armoured trooper, I first thought it was Rex due to the pistol and hair. I wonder what sort of story he's in if it warrants an actual close up on his face...

11. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Eh, it may be me but aside from being able to fly ships well (and having them fall with style), Anakin never really posessed any abilities unique from other Jedi. Heck, Mace Windu essentially outshined Anakin in this regard back in the CW-mircoseries. [face_whistling]

12. Avantre

Avantre Jedi Master

May 2, 2010
    So, I'm not a big EU book follower (and so don't know if this was expanded upon there), but Anakin's visions of Padme dying in RotS always seemed rather handy for Palpatine. Was it ever covered on if Palpatine manipulated events or the Force so that Anakin would get those dreams? And leading into where I'm really going - could it happen to Ahsoka as well? Could these visions actually be tricks/not a good thing?

The other common thread of visions in the Star Wars movies, after all, is that all of the visions encourage people to do things they shouldn't do, and that subsequently go badly for them (Luke leaving training early causing him to lose a hand and find out a shocking truth about his parentage, Anakin breaking ranks to rescue his mother causing him to do his first big Dark Side act of killing the raiders, then later after the second set of visions joining the Dark Side to 'save' his wife). Past precedents say there's a good chance that Ahsoka's visions could equally take her down bad paths.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    That's exactly my point. :) Anakin should be able to do things that other Jedi can't. We have seen it with respect to his military strategy, but that's mostly involving his piloting skills.

I want to see him do crazy stuff with the Force/Jedi skills.

Can we talk about who we didn't see in the trailer?

No Mace, Luminara, Barriss, Aayla, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Dooku, Sidious, or Ventress. Obviously it's a trailer tailored towards a specific theme, but it's still interesting.

Anyone want to tell me whose leg/boot is in the trailer at about 0:02? I'm guessing Cad Bane, but I'll leave that up to our stellar detectives to determine for sure. Definitely doesn't look like Ahsoka's leg to me, so obviously someone is stalking her on Dagobah or wherever.

14. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Just had a look at it again; wouldn't rule out it being Ahsoka, as there is a small glimpse of knee which shows white leggings.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I guess it could be, it just looks different to me - the shoes.

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I think it'll be more interesting if none of them appear when the longer Season 3 preview eventually premieres.

17. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    To me the shoes at 0:02 kind of look like the ones that Aurra Sing was wearing, but in black rather rather than brown. It made me wonder if that was her after getting lightly charred in the explosion.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, part of me is totally cool with them making The Clone Wars an "adventure anthology", almost like a SW:Tales show, making new Jedi/clone/whatever characters.

But they should let us know that's the way they're headed. It might be a better idea, because for all the gains they made through S1 and the first half of S2, they lost the overall plot of TCW in the 2nd half of S2.

19. Exlonox

Exlonox Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2010
    Nute Gunray not in this trailer.
    What overall plot did TCW ever have?

20. Ronderu_lij_Kumar

Ronderu_lij_Kumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2009
    Does anyone know or have an idea when the longer trailer for season 3 will be out? I was thinking sometime in July. Hmmm I have no idea what I'm going to do to pass the time.

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Probably SDCC.

You think the series needs saving? I personally don't.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It needs better writers, that's for sure.

23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It needs more cowbell!!

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That, too. :p

25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Since I like the character more than I do Obi-Wan and Anakin right now ("Hey, let's have them do everything in season 2, that can't possible get trite!"), I'm more than happy to see the series focusing on Ahsoka and other characters. There's Lama Su and Shaak Ti in the trailer, so there'll be at least one episode with them. It's a good start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.