Calgary Clone Wars Season 3!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    CW premiere's on the Cartoon Network one week from today - Sept 17th!!

The Teletoon site says air time is 8 pm ET/PT. Check your PVR's for the MST times (it's usually around 9 pm - or it was last year for us). The premiere is supposed to be one hour as well.
    Teletoon also has a contest for SuperFans a trip for 4 to Orlando!
    http://www.teletoon.com/teletoon3/teletoon.php?language=En&func=php|/contests/2010_09_superfan/superfanEnter.php|0

You can also 'Superfan' yourself into various characters - Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ashoka, Commander Cody and Padme. It's pretty fun :)

TF.N has some episode previews as well - and SW.com has some cool hidden content videos.

It's going to be a great season!![face_dancing]

2. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Just checked the TV guides, and it looks like Teletoon will air the episode at 9 pm MST. Sadly, Canada will only get to see one episode - unlike the US which will get a full hour.

Guess we'll have to find episode 2 online to watch!

Edit:
    depending on which guide you look at, they're all saying different things - ugh![face_frustrated]
    Keep your eyes peeled!
  3. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    We got the whole hour last night! Woot!

Bloody brilliant! Did everyone catch the OT nods? The two bounty hunter trainers on Kamino are species that were seen in the Cantina in EP4 ;)

Shaak Ti!!! Love her voice - I think it's really appropriate. The fight sequences were a lot more frenetic too - so fast! Obi Wan vs Grievous = AWESOME!! Although they breach continuity since I thought they first meet on the bridge of Grievous' cruiser in EP3 - but I could be wrong.

4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Also when the arc troopers run the drill. They say run drill Version THX version 1138.

Totally awesome.

I'll have this in HD at the meeting tomorrow
  5. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    3:03 Supply Lines - the return of Jar Jar!!

Episode guide and preview are up on starwars.com:
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode303.html

Meesa verry excited :p
  6. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed the 1st 2 episodes! Rather surprised that arming all able-bodied clone kids is not a planned contingency in case of invasion. And leaving an armory rather exposed like that? Seems pretty poor security to me. '99' was a touching addition.
  7. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Seems we're getting a bunch of prequel episodes, as Supply Lines was a precursor to Ambush. I liked it though - and Jar Jar did good! I was saddened to see another Jedi die [face_worried] Master Di was pretty cool - I really liked his accent. All these accents provide such a universal flavour to all the characters, illustrationg that the galaxy is a big place ;)
  8. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Can't wait till next week. Greedo and the Baron, Ahsoka, and Jabba. It's getting good.
  9. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  10. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Sphere of Influence was fantastic - Baron Papnoida was great! Skilled politician, but equally skilled with a blaster! Looks like Greedo is getting some experience (even though it doesn't help him when he faces Han :p). The animation is so crazy this year - it's really stunning. These episodes about sticky politics are better than last season's, IMO - they're blending the right amount of intrigue and action.
  11. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yeah, nice to see a fledgling Greedo.
    I prefer more action and a little less politics.
    That's two 'blockades' in as many weeks.
    This was either bad planning or it is leading to something big.
    Bring back 99.
  12. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Corruption was definitely...different. But I still liked it - just not as much as the previous episodes. I know Filoni and his team have reasons for doing episodes like this one - not all of them can be all action all the time (it's not a video game). I still think the animation was beautiful, and I noticed some advances/changes from previous episodes.

I saw the previews at C5 - I KNOW that INCREDIBLE episodes are still to come. I have NO DOUBTS about the series' awesomeness :D
  13. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Very diplomatic of you.......

I also know that there is some great stuff coming up.

I am looking forward to that.

Has it been forgotten by some writers though that kids are watching this as well.

How many kids do you know who are interested in the present Mayoral competition in Calgary?????

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Bring back 99
  14. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    The episode still had some very cool looking aliens (Egyptian snake people??!), some cloak and dagger aspects (Padme and Satine) and a big gun fight at the end. And children were affected in the story. It might not have been their favourite episode, but I think it had enough to keep kids somewhat interested. It's not the mayoral race - but I think kids pick up on political stuff in Clone Wars, given the very simplistist way the writers keep it as part of the story.

Some people complain that the writers forget adults are watching the show - that's there's too much 'childish' humour and 'light' storylines. The writers have a difficult task pleasing everyone. But I happen to think they do it well - mind you, I always feel like a kid when I watch anything Star Wars o_O
  15. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yes.....'Yey Star Wars!'
    Vinny
  16. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    'Assasin'.
    I thought last nights episode (22nd Oct) was a marked improvement on the 3 before. Great to see Aura Singh(?) and see Ahsoka, Asokha (whatever) in action on her own in this way.
    Did you also recognise strains of 'Leia's Theme' as they landed on Alderaan, whilst Bale Organa was there ?
    Last week I'm sure I heard Raider's of The LA theme in the soundtrack.

Anyway, I enjoyed in thoroughly.
    Vinny

Anyway,
  17. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Also, all 3 protagonists were female. Ahsoka, Aura and Padme.
    This doesn't happen very often in SW.
  18. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    I really enjoyed Assasin too! Ahsoka was more mature in this episode. I do wonder at her ability to 'summon' a vision, though. For Anakin, his visions came unexpectedly, when he was relaxing or asleep. And yes - I too, heard Leia's theme during the Alderaan landing - very nice touch indeed :) Filoni confirmed that it was used in the video commentary. In many of the conference scenes, they used this male extra who looked like Luke (with a goatee) - it was strangely amusing. The prison set was interesting too.
  19. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great Episode. I loved Aurra's new look in the blue. Way better then the red. Didn't catch the Leias theme. I'll have to re-watch it. To glued to the HD look. Now the only problem I had with this episode is when did they catch Zero again? Didn't Cad Bane break him out.
  20. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Is it me me, or did I miss last night's episode?
    I couldn't find it and my PVR never recorded it.

Did anyone know it was not gonna be shown?
    Did I miss it?
    Please help.
    Vinny
  21. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    It was a repeat of the season premiere. New episode this Friday!
  22. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    When I didn't see a preview on SW.com I kinda figured it might not be on.
    You can always check here to see when the episodes will air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_episodes

They only have up to Episode 9 up there right now. But so does everywhere else like TV.com. I guess they have not release the rest of the schedule yet.
  23. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Thanks.
    Thought I'd missed it.

ps yrol, I'm still reading through my Jedi Manual, it gets better as you go through.

I'm enjoying it even more than I thought I would.
    V
  24. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    I quite liked 'Evil Plans'. I especially liked seeing the Hutt leaders - and how different they looked. I like Ace of Cakes so it was fun to hear Duff Goldmans voice as the 'baker droid' - even though he didn't have many lines. But for a galactic cake....?? He makes much better in real life!

Oh R2 - sacrificing yourself for 3-PO! He's such a hero!
  25. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Okay,
    am I missing something?

This week, again, I couldn't find Clone Wars.

I get teletoon east and west feed.

WHERE IS/WAS IT?

That's 2 weeks in aa row.

Vinny
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.