main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season Five Disappointment

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi-Dan-D, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I honestly don't see the decline that's so obvious to a lot of you guys. The production quality and the writing gets better every season, IMO.

The Darth Maul spider arc was admittedly very silly, but TCW isn't supposed to be Saving Private Ryan, it's a homage to 30s/40s scifi serials made for children.

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why haven't you called the police yet?
    I think that the title of this thread is a "loaded" title and predisposes certain points of view.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Gosh, do you think? ;)

I was interested to see what people's reasons were, to be honest.

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    To me, it's just been too much stuff that's not interesting. The Onderon kids and younglings and WAC might as well be characters from a fanfic. With all the bigger things going on, it's kind of annoying that we're wasting time with these noobs who don't matter, who we likely won't ever see again, and who get arcs about them that drag on for weeks..

FARK2005 likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Believe me, I love TCW and want to like this season. I do enjoy about 4 episodes and love two of them. Its just two of season 4's arcs really raised the bar for me and I guess I'm expecting to much or something.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    S4 did raise the bar, and the fact that we've been let down from those high points doesn't mean we were expecting too much, it means they failed to keep up the new, higher standard they set for themselves.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    See, I'm really liking this season.

And the lack of Darth Maul, that's just glorious.

8. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" words ring so true here. Eight straight episodes of Ahsoka were more than I could have even dreamed of when this season started - so it has been an unqualified success from my POV; with only a few minor speed bumps.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Now that you've pointed that out, it's amazing that I haven't been annoyed with her yet. They seem to have toned her down quite a bit. I understand that many find her more boring this way, I simply find her more tolerable.

It could be that I simply don't have the passion to be annoyed by her anymore, but they've definitely changed her and it has been noticeable.....or in my case, she is no longer noticeable, which I find preferable.

I also think I'm way past being disappointed with this show, as I no longer have any positive expectations for it, with the lone exception being Ventress, who has never failed to amuse me.

Congratulations TCW, you have pummeled my passion into apathetic acceptance.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Like I said, when I would prefer an Ahsoka episode to a Padme episode, it's a backhanded compliment at best. :p

Watto - very good point that we're halfway through. We definitely could/should revisit this thread at the end of the season. But imagine if they didn't lead off with Revival and it started with Onderon and went to Young Jedi. I think people might be even more confused. The chronology/running order of the episodes has been very strange to me from at least S3 (which was the worst offender).

Jack et al - both Gry and I threatened to quit over Maul being alive, and he beat me to it. [face_laugh] But what I said last season (and this) is that, once you get past the idiocy of Maul returning, they'd better do something interesting with him. And it looks like they are at least going to make it interesting and entertaining. And remember guys, no discussion of what will happen in the 2nd half of the season in this thread please. :)

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I would have been fine with Onderon and Young Jedi first. I realize not everyone likes Onderon and I think it has its lulls, but by the end I thought it was an interesting spin on the war that we hadn't seen, some fun action especially at the end, and I think some great character building for Ahsoka. Young Jedi was awesome for me all the way through. As far as confusion because of the subject matter, I think you need to give people more credit. I think its more interesting that we have a show that week after week will give us something unique and unexpected from different corners of the Star Wars galaxy. I can't think of another show I watch that will give me so much variety, and I appreciate that.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh come now, if you mean Umbara and the Hardeen arc then I see what you want to say. The show has been pretty great this season and it has not failed in any way like last season. The Hardeen arc was a failure if compared to a thing like Umbara.
    Thing is that many people think that the show not up to the standard set by season four and they are kinda right. BUT... the issue comes from the fact that season four's Umbara arc that is praised by many to address very serious SW issues and the failure called The Bounty Hunters/Anakin/Hardeen arc is that they set a new level of seriousness and tone but NOT QUALITY.
    The situation with S4 and S5 is like tha with superhero movies. When Spiderman 2 came out, it was praised as the best of the best of such movies but then came along The Dark Knight and now people have a hard time going to the cinema if the superhero movie is more like earlier superhero movies and not the Dark Knight.
    And being like Young Jedi and the droids arc is ok cause from we have heard the 2nd half of the season will be really, REALLY Dark so a little light nature of TCW in the start is not such a big deal.
    People complain about S5 having a wrong tone and quality but last season we had total mood killers like Shadow Warrior and Nomad Droids.
    Also unlike S4's arcs like Umbara, S5 has arcs like Young Jedi that people still ***** about. Sure Umbara is dark - literally and metaphorically but let's face it... the arc is impossible to watch devided cause it is build like one prolonged episode. That is where a S5 arc like Young Jedi is better cause most episodes of the arc can be viewed and live on their own. Umbara's episodes are pointless and impossible to watch on their own. Same with the Hardeen arc and even the Slavers and Mon Calamari.
    But epsiodes like the Gathering or Bound for Rescue or Revival can be watch on their own very easy cause they are more independent than the Umbaran or Slaver episodes.
    So far IMO Season Five has been on the right track in trying to satisfy everybody and not just one group like clone fans or Anakin fans. This season everybody has gotten something out of the episodes that have aired.
    I agree with you 100%. Star Wars has been always aimed at the younger people but many think that SW needs to be LOTR of sci-fi. :D

13. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Or perhaps the Forgotten Realms of sci-fi.
    [​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Anything but not LOTR of Sci-Fi.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Every time i see this thread title on the board, i can't help but think this:
    [​IMG]

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

I would approve having an OC like that rumblewagon. Hmmm... nice scythe. =b

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ha ha ha ha

/end thread

Seerow likes this.