main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars -- Season III Reaction/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    The new season of the "Clone Wars" cartoon starts tonight. There will be a new episode every night this week at 6 p.m. local time on the Cartoon Network (channel 26 on Comcast). The episodes will also air the next day at CartoonNetwork.com.

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Thanks for the reminder! I would have missed it for sure!!!!! Commentery to follow....

3. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    That little 15 minute cartoon blew both episode 1 and 2 completly out of the water.

THAT was Star Wars.

4. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    i thought it was kinda silly at parts. and i just can't get past "Mandy's" voics being Padme's. expect her to call anikin something......then call Grimm.

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I thought that was pretty cool to see Anakin knighted, even though he couldn't help to back talk Obi Wan. Also, having the tree from Dagobah & Qui Gon was pretty cool too. Although, I have no idea what it meant since it wasn't a flash back, but more like a vision from Yoda. I'm glad they continued the story line with Grievous. I wonder if they are now going to jump ahead a couple of years so that its closer to the time period of Episode III.

6. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I believe the vision was Qui Gon's way of reminding Yoda of the boy with such possibilies, and that he was ready.
    3po's little scene was cool, too....someone needed to tuck a dollar into that new gold plating for him!

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Nice hair buns on Padme. And couldn't Anakin sense the difference between Padme and some other stalker with an evil intent?

Glad they explained how Ki-Adi-Mundi escaped from General Grievous (since I know he's in Episode III, thanks to the trailers).

8. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    My favorite quotes from Chapter 21:

"Young One, the council requires your presence immediately."

"As far as your wisdom goes, you're no Qui-Gon Jinn!"

Btw, did anyone catch the cylon-looking character in the Coruscant crowd scenes?

9. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Well, I totally missed that boat! I knew it was approaching soon, but I haven't been online much at all this past week so I didn't get my faithful reminders. I best go check it out on Hyperspace! ;)

10. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks Dylan for posting this yesterday, otherwise I would have missed an excellant episode. Check my DVD Deals thread later today, but FYI the first Volume of the Clone Wars cartoon series comes out today and the best price appears to be $12.99 at Best Buy.

I thought Chapter 21 was awesome. Often SW.com has claimed that Obi-Wan was never a Master, but last night's episode proves them wrong. If a Council member addresses him as Master it must be true! Also the Knighting ceremony was awesome. Wished they had shown more of the scene with the tree, but Shannon I think you were right that that was a vision from Qui-Gon to remind Master Yoda. I had not thought of it that way.

Great to see the ARC troopers in action and loved the paintjob on the Republic Gunship a la WWII-era Flying Tigers. The longer length was much more satisfying too.

11. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Ok... Just saw it on Hyperspace. Awesome. Trooper rescue was cool. I LOVED the Qui-Gon scene, and the little Jake Lloyd Anakin was well done. I also loved having all those previously silent voices on the Jedi Council chiming in. I really liked the mood of slinking around Coruscant to meet in the shadows. The best part was Anakin's Knighting ceremony though. Sort of reminded me of Babylon 5's Minbari Grey Council- All in a tight lit circle, barely out of the shadow with cloak hoods drawn. And the lightsaber snazzin' the little braid off. Nice touch! I'll be ready tonight for sure. :)

12. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    That was a great episode. Those Clones sure ROCK! Too bad all the Jango Clones are dead and or retired by the time the Stormtroopers appear, maybe the battle of Endor would of been different.

13. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I didn't catch the Cylon-looking character in the crowd scene, but one of the first characters that they showed in close-up looked an awful lot like a Dulok from the old Ewoks cartoon.

Sure is nice to get 12 minutes instead of three...

14. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    It was certainly the best chapter so far. I kept thinking about how the current moment would be the breaking point if it had been another 3 minute chapter and was thankful that the episode continued.

They had previously stated that it would start where chapter 20 had ended. Many people were aware that Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ayala Secura, and Shaak Ti all survived to EIII and now we know how.

I believe they have already skipped way ahead after that as Anakin isn't knighted until after the events of Jedi Trial, which is just six months or so before EIII. Of course, I don't know when the Grievous vs. Jedi battle occurred.

As for the remaining chapters, I imagine they will cover much of the story of Labyrinth of Evil, at least in regard to the final assault on Coruscant.

15. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Those clones kick-butt. I only hope they are that cool in the movie. It's also great to get some story rather than just 3min action clip.

Zach, evne though it was a Jedi Master addressing OB1 as 'master' it still doesnt mean that HE is a Jedi Master. It is still a sign of respect and because he has a student. He's Anakin's master even thought he is not a Jedi Master. Confused yet.
    Besides OB1 was adressed as master by Yoda in Ep2 so last night is nothing new.

Hey! Does anyone know how many episodes there are in CW s3?

16. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    5 shall be the number episodes...no more...no less.

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Obi-Wan: "What an incredible smell you've discovered!" [face_laugh]

18. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    AGHHHH- you beat me to that post!!!!
    another awesome episode...finally good to see Anakin be less of a punk to Obi -Wan

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    COOL! They did jump ahead, at least enough months for Anakin to grow his hair & sideburns out. So far, the first two are definitely better than the average episode from seasons 1 & 2. PLUS they are longer! :D Meesa liken these!

20. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    this was a good one.... i did like that they skipped ahead too....

21. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    'What an incredible smell'... that is not the only recycled line. And I say recycled in a good way. Not only are they paying homage to the SW movies but also to all Lucas' movies. After all where else do you get bugs and snakes for dinner except in a Lucas movie like Temple of Doom.
    What a great episode. These cartoons are the best thing since... well... since Star Wars.

And ya know what. I think the romance between Ani/Padme works better in the cartoon. Now is that because of the actors or the animators. Well, that is another discussion. But these cartoons ROCK.

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just watched the "bridging the Clone Wars" short in the Clone Wars DVD. These Clone Wars Episodes are basically an animated version of "Labrynth of Evil". While they may not keep exactly with the story line of Luceno's book, the last episodes will lead right up to the opening crawl of Episode III. Whereas the story lines of the first 20 chapters of the Clone Wars were up to the animators with approval from Lucafilm, Lucas had his hand in the remaining episodes. Lucas said that these Clone Wars episodes are the few months right before Episode III & will flow right into the movie! :D

23. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Another great episode, but I could have done without the Fear Factor lunch. The recycled line's are nice, but a little too cutesy for my taste, especially in a cartoon. I'll have to go back and watch it, but how did Anakin get the scar over his right eye? Shrapnel from the exploding bug droids?

24. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    I believe Anakin got the scar in the comic books. They really didn't explain how he got the scar in the cartoon... just that he did.

25. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    In regards to the scar, I just thought that in addition to being "The Chosen One", they were also making him appear to be "The One Who Lived." Of course, the scar isn't exactly in the right place for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.