main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars -- Season III Reaction/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Anakin facing Voldemort??? I must have missed that one :p

2. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I didn't care too much for that idiot twitchy-eye Marching band general at the beginning. I loved the montage though... Cartoon Wookies and all those pitiful little Max Rebos under droid occupation. I actually liked the way the handled the scar. I thought it was perfect. And when the little Naboo light went out... There's some twins are on the way!

3. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    HAHAHA I didn't even notice that light going out!

*cue pimp jedi music*

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Heh. Mace Windu flies a purple Jedi starfighter with a purple astromech.

5. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Alright, so who is gonna be the one who gets those blue stripes tatooed on themselves.
    And ya gotta have it done in time for C3.

6. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Not it!

7. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Now THAT was AWESOME! The General Grievous abduction was straight out of Labyrinth of Evil!

I'm actually starting to like Anakin. His character reminds me of Lancelot & Obi Wan as King Arthur. True friends, but very different perspectives on life. Although Lancelot betrayed Arthur by stealing Guinevere, Anakin's true mistress is his lust for power.

8. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    well said...I do like the way Anakin appreciates Obi Wan more now that they are "brothers"

I liked the tattoo look Anakin.....someone with a killer body needs to do that one!

9. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    How can no one have posted how incredibly cool Anakin's vision was in the tunnels? it really fortold much of his future...and the vader face.......cool.

10. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    That was a cool episode, yeah. I love how they incorporated those 2 "Pick the Alien Jedi" runner-ups. (I voted for the Ithorian myself) And the slow elevator thing was hilarious. Nice to know that even a jedi will push the button twice if he's nervous enough! Tonight's the finale though. Anxiously looking forward to it!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    jedichic07 posted on 3/24/05 8:15am
    I liked the tattoo look Anakin.....someone with a killer body needs to do that one!
    [hr][/blockquote]

Sigh... I guess I'm nominated... [face_nerd]

12. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    aaw, you beat me to it. i thought Anikins vision in the tunnels were ...moving? is that the right word?? ;) incredible. gave me shiverys. :)

i too thought the elevator scene was hilarious. [face_laugh]

pretty cool episode.

13. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Sigh... I guess I'm nominated...
    You need something to wear to the Mr. Star Wars contest.

That elevader gag was freakin' hilarious.
    Those Grevious bodygaurds are freaky looking. There is a write up about them (and other droids) in the new insider. It says they are IG-100 droids. That's right cousin of the IG-88.
    It also answeres some questions we had about the IG droids we saw earlier in the series fighting for the Banking Clan. It says they were IG-Lancer droids and IG stands for intergalactic. As in InterGalactic Banking Clan.

14. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    ok.....that was good....too much time to wait now...must have more star wars...

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The LAST Clone wars Episode airs tomorrow night (SATURDAY @ 7:00 P.M.) Be sure to watch, tape, or tivo it! We of course know by the opening crawl that General Grievous does capture Palpatine.

I just got to watch the final one online via Hyperspace & its Awesome!!! I can't wait for the movie. :D

16. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    is the last one 25 or 26?? i thought the last one was Fri.?? (tonight.) they're good tho! looking even MORE forward to the movie!

17. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    So, the last one is Saturday at 7PM instead of 6PM?

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Kir Kanos posted on 3/25/05 6:52pm
    The LAST Clone wars Episode airs tomorrow night (SATURDAY @ 7:00 P.M.) Be sure to watch, tape, or tivo it! We of course know by the opening crawl that General Grievous does capture Palpatine.

I just got to watch the final one online via Hyperspace & its Awesome!!! I can't wait for the movie. [face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

There's no new episodes tonight... just the five-episode marathon at 7 p.m. Central time. GG captured Palpatine in Friday's episode.

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Well, evidently my tivo schedule brain-farted on me & didn't record episode 25 then. I guess I'll get them all recorded tonight.

20. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    I've got'em all downloaded on my computer & burned to CD if anyone wants copies.

21. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I wasn't quite as thrilled with the last two chapters. I liked the Anakin story, but I don't understand why he didn't break the glass to free the last warrior considering that seemed to be why he was intervening. Anakin's vision was so foreboding. My take was that the artificial limb becomes so powerful that one loses control, or more simply that power corrupts.

The kidnapping of the chancellor was told MUCH better in Labyrinth of Evil. There was only ONE royal guard?! Shaak Ti, who was no match for GG in chapter 20, can now stand toe-to-toe with him? Two padawans can as well, one while carrying the chancellor? Also, Palpatine would not know that GG has a master until it is revealed to him.

The misdirection plot in LoE is much more in line with everything else that has gone on. I wonder which plot line will be considered canon.

-----------------------------------

My TiVo season pass was also going to skip chapter 25, but I used agressive negotiations to change its mind.

I also have all the chapters downloaded and will be making a DVD some time soon. I plan on making it so you can watch it like the marathon with the 5 chapters in a row, or so you can watch each chapter with the "previously" and "Next time" part.

22. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Sweet Glenn! I have tried burning a DVD but there are copy protections on the Hyperspace downloads which don't allow you to burn it to DVD. Blah!

If you don't mind, I'd like a copy on DVD.

23. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I'll also take a Glenn-DVD edition of the Clone Wars Vol. 2. Let us know how much we owe you, if you can do it.

24. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "more simply that power corrupts."

That was my take on it as well. "Absolute Power corrupts absolutely."

I agree that the "Labyrinth of Evil" approach to the kidnapping was A LOT better. Unfortunately, you have to remember that it was on CARTOON Network & geared towards kids too, so they had to simplify it.

25. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Also, Palpatine would not know that GG has a master until it is revealed to him.

Palpatine IS GG's master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.