main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Clone Wars -- Season III Reaction/Discussion thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    thats what i thought too.....

2. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Yes, every thinks they know that.

However, GG doesn't know that Palpatine is his master. The Republic doesn't know that GG would refer to his superior as "Master."

In the book, Palpatine makes fun of GG for having a master.

Basically, the statement that Palpatine makes in the cartoon would reveal that he is Darth Sidious, which Darth Sidious would not yet do, especially in front of a member of the Jedi Council.

As a note, Obi-Wan Kenobi is still only a Jedi Knight. The term "Master" is described as an honorific for a member of the Jedi Council. He may be promoted in E3, especially if Anakin was to think he himself had any chance of imminently attaining that rank. Personally, I think his "what" retort is not in reply to Yoda's statement as it is shown in the trailer, but rather a different statement that reveals something about Palpatine.

3. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I was talking to Ryan last night about the "Master" question. One thing we noticed from the CW is it seems that all of the Masters had the military rank of General. Note that newly promoted Jedi Knight Skywalker was addressed as "Commander." still believe that Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master at some point by the time of ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.