main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season SIX???? :)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kev Snowmane, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    From the same article confirming the time period of the new animated series:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/it-was-a-dark-great-time-for-the-rebellion-204853861.html

Dare we hope?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That better be true that we are getting a 6th season

Son of a Bith likes this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My guess is the writer of the article is either misinformed or referring to the Bonus Content.

4. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Possibly, but there is the one counting of arcs that suggests they had at least a half-season already done/near done...it wouldn't take much to finish it...

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think we've got most of a sixth season, especially considering that season five was only 20 episodes. The bigger question is where we'll see it, not whether we'll see it.

6. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Clovis, Tup/66, and Plo Koon are the three confirmed arcs that I know of. That's a minimum of 6-9 eps and possibly more if either Clovis or Tup/66 is like the Krell arc and more than 3 eps long.

VanishingReality likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Clovis is only a 3 Part Arc

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Maybe they'll air whatever bonus material is already finished calling it Season 6 and just have it be a really short season.

9. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    That leaves the other two...of those, I suspect the Tup/66 arc will be a 4-ep, it's just too important a moment in the timeline.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Agree and also have a Battle of Coruscant Arc

11. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    While it would have been nice to have had a definite end to TCW series, who knows what this new show will bring? Okay, leaping off where Ep III ended, the vast majority of the known Jedi characters are now dead but Ahsoka, Rex, Ventress, Bane etc might appear again as the Empire takes hold over the galaxy.But if a season 6 of TCW does appear, I for one will be tuned in for it.

12. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Leaping off where Ep. III ended? That's what they said?

14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    We have the Clovis Arc which will have three episodes.

We have the Tup killing that Jedi episode and that could have two-four episodes in it.

We have Plo Koon finding the downed shuttle with a lightsaber. They imply that it belongs to a certain Jedi or connected to a Jedi that has been dead since about TPM. This could be two/three episodes long.

Then we have the episode with Yoda escaping from the Temple. This could be part of either the Tup or lightsaber arcs or an Arc of it's own. that could have two/three episodes.

That's around half a season if my poor Math skills are intact.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was just thinking... since each episode has a recap at the beginning, and there have been certain episodes that have been more or less just setting up later episodes in an arc... could they choose to only produce the 3rd and 4th episodes in an arc, and leave the 1st and 2nd episodes on the cutting room floor? Since they are choosing to "wind down" with their smaller crew they could just leave that material for the recaps.

This is not my wish but just trying to be realistic about what we end up getting.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Except the number of arcs seems to be dwindling as it comes to light Yoda and Plo Koon may be in the same arc. Bummer for the numbers and bummer that is not actually a Yoda arc but sounds like a Yoda episode in the arc.

Dammit I hate having to come along and drop the pessimistic statements...

I dunno, I think realistically we are getting the cherry picked arcs that are nearest to being completed. Its possible we'll see stuff in the News Reels from episodes that will never see the light of day otherwise.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    To play devil's advocate, many complained about Season 5 four-part arcs and how the initial episodes in the arcs dragged on or were unnecessary. Maybe the cherry picking would give us the most bang for our buck?

I'm of the mind that I'd like it all, but to be realistic, focusing on the strongest material instead of just finishing all episodes in an arc could get us a better ending.

18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This could be the case, although for the sake of consistency I'd hope they managed to finish all the episodes in the arc, even if certain episodes might not contribute to the overall quality of said arc (like some of the 4-parters in Season 5, as you've noted). News reel flashbacks to previous episodes that might not make the cut could work to give us an idea that time has indeed passed. My guess is that they picked what they believed to be the "best" arcs from Season 6 and completed animation for those so that they will be in the bonus material, and possibly tossed out the rest, some of which may have storylines that will be tackled in the new Rebels series. From the previews we've seen the Order 66/Fives arc and the Yoda/Sifo-Dyas arc look to be very promising in terms of animation and story quality.

19. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    So are we back to a 9-count then? (Clovis, 66/Tup, and Plo/Yoda) at 3 eps each)?

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Like everyone here, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing these new arcs wrap up the storylines of some key characters from the series, but the good news is that if Rebels picks up at or near 19 BBY, it may serve to answer some of the questions The Clone Wars wasn't able to get to.

That said, there are some things which could only have been explored in The Clone Wars (as they would seemingly fall outside of the scope of the new show), and this is where I will feel the loss of a sixth season the most. I've gone on record saying how I always hoped to see a TCW version of the Battle of Coruscant, and I'll probably always wonder just how grand it could have been. That said, there was never any guarantee the show would have taken the battle on, and at least we will always have the Labyrinth of Evil, Clone Wars and ROTS depictions to enjoy.

No, with where things stand now, I think the one thing I was looking forward to the most, the one thing we could really have used a visual depiction of, are the infamous Outer Rim Sieges. How I was so looking forward to having the chance to really sink our teeth into these fabled battles, which were considered so vital to the Republic war effort and were believed to be responsible for turning the tide of the war.

Personally, I'm one of the Star Wars/TCW fans who feels the show had a pretty darned good run, but man, not only are we likely to have a show which ends before the fates of certain characters are told, we will have missed out on what were arguably the very greatest campaigns of the entire Clone War. Even if we get some of these promised arcs, and they turn out wonderfully, this is what no sixth season will ultimately mean to me.

22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Let me ask this. However unlikely, what are the possibilities that Disney pulled season 6 because they plan to release it in the Theaters as a full features just like the initial release of the Clone Wars at its commencement. The Movie would include the known arcs previously mentioned prior on the thread and the Battle for Coruscant concluding the Clone Wars. I know the first release wasn't too successful but the Clone Wars Series have much more fans now. What do you think?
    :eek:

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think those possibilities look as low a me winning the lotto tomorrow while being to lazy to drive to the 7-11 for a lotto ticket.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think I'd love to see it (and as you say, there would be a certain poetic quality to capping-off the show's run with a feature), but I agree with See, I can't see it ever happening.

I think the reason they pulled the team off of working on Season 6 is plain now. Disney/Lucasfilm decided they wanted to shoot for a 2014 premiere for Rebels, and in order to make it happen, there was no time left for splitting their resources by having one group focusing their attention on TCW, while the rest of the crew is struggling to get a whole new venture off the ground. In this sense, I now consider myself lucky that they opted to take the time to finish work on the arcs that we will be given at all.

The one thing I don't understand is why there's been no hint from Disney of the possibility of airing the Season 6 arcs on one of Disney's networks. Seems to me a no-brainer to collect some revenue by airing these on, say, Disney XD.

Conceivably, if Disney were to air these arcs on a time-table which loosely mirrors CN's schedule, we could see new episodes begin to air come September or October and, if we get, say, half a season's worth of Season 6 episodes, the episodes would end up airing through roughly sometime in December or January. Follow this up with a blu ray release of the Season 6 arcs sometime in the spring of 2014, packaged with an exclusive sneak-peek at Rebels, and everybody wins, no?

Would this type of approach work for you guys? What do you think?

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would ofcourse love it if Disney XD aired season 6 episodes in the fall after all in clusters like CN handled them. I'm just getting more frustrated waiting for announcement. Its my fear that the Bonus Material will get packaged with a complete series Blu-ray release, possibly with mentioned Rebels preview which would be meant to force folks who already have the Blu-rays to purchase the new set. That's pretty typical Disney asshattery.

TreborSabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.