main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Series on DVD/Blu-Ray- What form will it take?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediOverlord, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a shame they're taking this route, but so long as a full set comes along eventually, that's ok.

Another way to look at it- it's about what, content-for-price-wise, we paid for the Ewoks and Droids DVDs- they were basically 4 episodes edited together onto one disc...

...and TCW movie was essentally 4 episodes edited together on one disc, too ;)

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I think I'll wait for the full set to set put in an apperance (Presumably at the end of the year?)

3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I agree that 4 episodes is ridiculous. At least they could have included Rookies. By the time this comes out season 1 is finished, it should have been the first half season.

I do like the thought of having individual DVDs for the Malevolence and Nute saga and the Droid and Dooku duologys between ep. 2 and 3 on the shelf though. If I could pay 20 for the clone wars movie, then I can definitely do the same for the Malevolence story. It?s the best Star Wars on TV since 1983.

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    As cranky as I was about the minimal release, here are some package comparison shots with the Target exclusive cover of the movie (the best cover IMO)

[image=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/301/sd2disctargetbgcopyny8.jpg]
    [image=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3636/sd2disctargetbgcopy2ng8.jpg]

Pretty consistent! The spines look nice next to one another. I'm wondering what the second children's release will include. Were it the next 4 episodes, they'd end at Bombad jedi which in itself is the first part of a two-parter. But I could see that being the case, more incentive to buy the third children's release and Bombad Jedi is itself a pretty kiddy episode.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I think I'll hold off for the full season box or something...

And what's with this "A Galaxy Divided" subtitle? Are they going to have this sort og generic name for each of the 4-packs? That's going to get old fast, what's the end of season 3 release going to be called? "War Across the Universe and... more clone stuff, and a, uh... space monkey!"

6. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    "A System Shattered", "A World Apart", "A Universe Broken", "WAR!", "Fat Bossk Watto", "Ahsoka's Always Right", "Clone Blown Up"

7. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    This may sound uninformed but do we know for sure there is going to be one compiled set of season one? Or would it only come out in blue ray or something? I don't buy many tv show dvd's. I'm not being told if I want season one I'll have to buy five or six discs to complete the season am I?

8. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005

No worries, a full season is coming. :)

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Well, I'll clearly be waiting for that one. Thank you.[face_peace]

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have to say I'm pretty outraged by the notion that we should spend our money on a 4 series DVD.

11. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Thing is, you don't have to spend your money. You could just wait til the season set. But what DOES suck is that they could've easily released half of the season in a 2 disc set (11 episodes) by the end of March priced at $29.99 (with a Best Buy/Target price of $19.99).

12. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Thank goodness for the DVR.... we have recorded every episode so far and have absolutely ZERO reason to buy a four episode DVD. We'll wait for the season 1 complete series DVD.

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    QFT

Germany is, amazingly, only 4 episodes behind. So even my mom knows enough of the show and can rewatch anything, even though she never really does :p Still, I cut out the commercials. Which is good enough, seeing how we don't have the money for Blu-Ray anyway, so there isn't even a huge difference.

actually, I'm not sure we'll even get the 4-episodes set(s). o_O But still, the point is, modern technology kinda makes those kinds of releases.... almost pointless. Or at least, they make the wait for a real release much more bearable.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Exactly. You could get the DVD from a torrent site, and unfortunately, that's what this kind of policy is going to lead to.

15. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Or you can just be patient and do the legal thing AND get the entire season in one box set.

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Wheres the fun in that? ;)

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Garth Maul, your logic doesn't follow. This is a (granted) crappy DVD release of a show during the season of release. You are saying that not pre-releasing the entire season on DVD (while its still being aired!) is leading to extra piracy?! Meanwhile, every other show that comes on TV waits until the beginning of the following season to release a collective season set (Q3 or Q4), in order to advertise the new season.

But it sounds like what you're saying is that Star Wars fans are too uppity to wait for quarter three or four, just like everyone else. If that's the case, maybe the Feds need to focus in on Star Wars fans. Being an obsessive compulsive completist doesn't give you a right to steal.

If anything, this early release is like getting extra stuff that fanbases usually don't get! Complaining about it has absolutely no grounds when the complete season box set has been confirmed.

EDIT: now that I have that off my chest, how my bittorent of every Star Wars comic ever coming along...?

18. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    This isn't confirmed or anything... But take this with a grain of sand.

Next set is "Star Wars : The Clone Wars : Clone Commandos". Again, this is just a release of a few episodes.
    That's set for an April release.

Where's this based on? One of Hong Kong's CD-Shop's Pre-Order Catalog. Seems Genuine.

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hunf, Clone Commandos? Just because it opens with Rookies? The show hasn't even shown an actual Clone Commando... (though Rex's uniform is similar to one)

20. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I won't be getting this, unless it has audio commentaries. Then I'll just get it to hold me over until the full season boxed set comes out.

And please, for the love of GOD, don't splice the episodes together into movies. PLEASE!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.