main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Clone Wars Summer BBQ - June 19th Saturday

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith-Trooper, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Trooper

Sith-Trooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    Where: Brian's house in Kingwood(Northeast Houston)

When: Saturday June 19th from 10AM to whenever I get neighbor complaints about the lightsaber noises:)

It's BYOB and Potluck. Tell me what you would like to bring so I can create a list here and in the group emails so people don't bring the same stuff. I'd like to avoid too many sodas like last time so please send me what you will bring at least a week before the party:)

BYOB/PotLuck List:
    1. Brian - Jabba Juice(It's not a party w/out it), HanBurgers and Tie Fighter Weenies
    BTW, I only have a gas grill so if any of you are charcoal purists you can bring another grill if you like.

I will be playing a marathon of the Blu-ray Clone Wars Season 1 and any time remaining I'll play the original trilogy in SE HD.

I also have the following Star Wars games if anyone is interested in playing:
    Risk, Monopoly & Madlibs. Xbox KOTOR 1&2. Xbox 360's The Force Unleashed and Lego:The Complete Saga.

Feel free to bring any Star Wars games/dvds that you would like to play as well as any cool props or costume pieces you would like to show.

Please PM me if you will be attending. Include in the PM your name(since I don't know everyone's real name in relation to their FanForce username), email address and/or phone number so I can provide you the directions to my place. I will send the info at least a week before the party. Please let me know at least a week before the shindig so I can buy the proper amount of food.

Hey Ian, can you post this on the Facebook page. Muchas Gracias

I will also be inviting Houston Jedi since we have many here who are also members. Will likely be doing saber practices as soon as the sun goes down.

Looking forward to a great summer kick-off:p

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    It is very generous of you to offer up your house for a party. Me and the fam should be up for this. I'll ask the missus what she might be willing to whip up and bring. I can probably also make soem cookies or other sweet goods.

3. EkulSirk_3263827

EkulSirk_3263827 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2009
    I'll be there--and will bring along the SW Trivial Pursuit DVD edition again just in case. And, of course, my dueling sabers. Undecided on a dish/dessert at this point.

4. Sith-Trooper

Jun 30, 2009
    Just a reminder but we're almost a week away and I need to know ASAP who is attending.

Advanced notice is more for the food since I would like to prepare enough and make sure people don't bring the same stuff besides beer of course. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Brian

5. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    Posted to FB y'all.

6. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    I will be there B.

7. TK8171

TK8171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2009
    Great time!!! Thanks Brian.

8. Sith-Trooper

Jun 30, 2009
    I had a blast hosting this party and BIG THANKS to everyone that made it and contributed awesome grub.

We watched the HD trailers of the Force Unleashed 2, E3 Decieved & Hope and the sneak peek of the Star Wars game made for the Xbox 360 Kinect.

Kris' Gungan Goulash was the SHISZNITZ!!!!! My Hanburgers looked more like an asteroid field(which gives me another SW food idea) but my child laborers(Shelby and Ethan) did a great job in making the patties.

I enjoyed the additional challenge of drinking the Jabba Juice right before the saber practice.LOL

Looking forward to the next one.

-Brian

9. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm really sad to have missed this one. I got stuck at the in-laws and didn't get home until about 11pm. I sure needed a drink after that.

10. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    This was a great party, and my son and I had a great time.

Brian, thanks for being such an excellent host!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.