Clone Wars: The Drinking Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Harpalyce, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legosithmaster525 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any time one of the "Bad guy" characters is ten times more interesting then all of the "Good guy" characters in an episode, take a gulp.
  2. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Wow- watching Duchess of Mandalore with that method would cause an alcoholic poisoning[face_laugh]
    damn you guys- these drinking games are dangerous[face_laugh] - bad guys are always more interesting than good guys- reasons why someone is bad- should always be heavy and that automatically creates history for the character "Why is he/she so evil"
  3. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Every time Obi-Wan touches his beard, take a sip.

Every time someone's hair moves, take a gulp.
  4. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    LOL! For some reason I feel like I had better start this game when I have a few days off!
  5. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    After finally having purchased some Chambord, I can say it is perfect for Asajj-related mixed drinks.

Also I must propose what I am currently drinking, which I'll dub "The undercover Ventress" - Chambord and San Pelligrino lemon. A little bubbly - but mostly TART.
  6. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    For every time someone in the audience refers to Sy Snootles as "Ziro's beard," take a sip.

For every time Anakin and Obi-Wan have more chemistry than Anakin and Padmé, take a sip, you yaoi fangirl.
    For every time Obi-Wan and Padmé have more chemistry than Anakin and Padmé, take a sip, you naïve idealist.
    For every time you realize how the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padmé shipper war could be resolved quite easily, take a sip out of the nearest male's glass and another sip out of the nearest female's glass.

For every time Palpatine is obviously evil, take a sip.
    For every time your son/little brother/nephew/cousin doesn't see it, take a sip.

For every time this show reminds you of recent current events, take a sip.

For every time you actually like Jar Jar, take a sip.

For every time Filoni's Mandos contradict established canon, take a sip.
    If it's Traviss-canon, drain your glass.
  7. mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Master

star 1
    Anytime someone has a bad feeling about their current situation, take a sip (warning: don't start drinking whole shots, or there will be serious consequences)

8. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anytime a character says something that completely takes you out of the moment, take a sip.
  9. Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anytime a character talks with a foreign accent (non American accent). Watch Supply Lines and you will know.
  10. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Any time the clones talk with an AUSTRALIAN accent instead of a NZ accent, finish a can of Foster's.
  11. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Watch the pilot movie, Season 1 & 2 and take a sip every time Anakin shouts "Ahoska, wait!"
  12. GreyJedi23 Jedi Master

star 1
    Take a drink every time someone is impaled by a lightsaber
  13. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    ...and drain the bottle if they get a kiss out of it.
  14. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    And if you turn to your roommate and start rambling on about how you could write a thesis about said phallic objects piercing people, drain another bottle, you sorry college student you.
  15. koonfan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Inversely, if you think that Freud was wrong in that instance, drunkenly stumble to the other bottle and pour it down the drain!

...Oh. This is a...drinking game...I'm supposed to figure out how to get them to...drink...heh. [face_worried]

(kicked out!)
  16. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot the most important part:

If you think Freud was right, put the empty bottle between your legs.

*raises hand* I thought Luke's hand was a castration symbol.
  17. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Actually, I have been dying to discuss/write an essay about a parallel between this and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. In that case it's less castration and more circumcision, as Gawain is cut by the (father-figure) Green Knight on the day after Christmas that would have been Jesus' bris, and Gawain emerges a true knight (e.g., a man) from the encounter. So I think it's pretty easy to see that encounter as the turning point where Luke also becomes a man- and a true Jedi knight. It gets even better if you see that incident as the formation of the Order of the Garter, though that was tacked on later, because this true knighthood then allows both Luke and Gawain to start new orders.

I'm an English major. Can you tell?
  18. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wouldn't Christ's circumcision be on the eighth day?

With all the messianic symbolism (There's a clear tarot motif in Empire: Luke is the Hanged Man.), yes, I could see it as a circumcision symbol. And don't Sith have, ahem, red lightsabers?

But of course, Freud considered circumcision a form of castration. In fact, the fact that the father does it just proves it.

By the way, did you know I have an ancestor who spoke with Erich Erikson?
  19. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_hypnotized]I didn't expect to read that in the Drinking Game thread. Awesome.
  20. Harpalyce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yep - iirc, that matches up well to when Gawain goes to fight the Green Knight. Of course there's the whole missing day in the poem, and the debate about whether the Feast of the Innocents is intentionally left out or not (I say yes, because the implication is that nobody there is really innocent, but it's hard to argue from negatives).

I never thought about the tarot symbolism before, but that very much does fit!

I think this thread just took a level in awesome.

Additionally, a new drinking rule: every time you think about something on the show in terms straight from TVTropes, take a sip. A TINY SIP. We don't want to actually kill ourselves here.
  21. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    I never thought about the tarot symbolism before, but that very much does fit!

Coming from a culture that doesn't practice circumcision, to the point that it is one of the many puns in "skin" (used in the same way as black people use the N-word; the others are "shirts and skins" because in the old days Indian men went shirtless when the weather allowed it, and "buckskin", for obvious reasons), I never saw the circumcision symbolism. Until now.

Come to think of it, doesn't Jedi!Vader wear a hood? And what does Sith!Vader's helmet look like? ;)

I think this thread just took a level in awesome.

Agreed.

Additionally, a new drinking rule: every time you think about something on the show in terms straight from TVTropes, take a sip. A TINY SIP. We don't want to actually kill ourselves here.

*watches Ahsoka with Separatist boy* Foe Yay! *takes tiny sip*

You forgot to make it a sip of Four Loko, while we can still get it. Most tropers are teenagers, after all. Granted, you're more likely to kill yourself with Four Loko, but still...
  22. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    At long last! Bump!
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, let's get to work on making this Mortis drinking game.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    This seems more like a game Filoni and Lucas should play when looking over the scripts. If they vomit or pass out, then they know they went overboard with crappy dialogue.

"Snips [...] Good thinking Snips [...] Hey Snips [...] Snips [...] Snips [...] Snips [...]"

By the end Lucas is passed out kneeling next to the toilet.
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Feb 23, 2013
  25. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Wow, this thread is old.

Mortis drinking game:

I would say to take a sip every time you wonder what the actual **** you're watching, but I think Seerow made a rule in bumping this that nobody is allowed to die.

So...

Every time a character says "the Chosen One," take a sip.

Every time a character turns to the Dark Side in order to avoid doing something evil later, finish the bottle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.