main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Clone Wars (The Movie) (talk amongst yourselves)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, so what is everyone's take on the Clone Wars Movie? I like that they added a new alien Jedi(Ahsoka Tano, the togruta apprentice of Anakin), but did they have to make her half naked? How the heck is she supposed to fight in a tube top? I am come on, really??!! And really giving Anakin an apprentice. So much wrong with this. But of course I will be there in costume on opening night. Any others?

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I have to agree with you on the "Anakin Apprentice" thing. Doesn't seem to fit.

However, I think to myself all the time - why don't we have more jedi clad in tube tops?

:)

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    [rant]

At best it looks to be a nonsensical project rife with poor new characters that ultimately will have no real impact on the "main" characters and no real drama as we know exactly where each piece of the puzzle will wind up by the end of the series. At worst, it's further proof of the utter disregard Lucas has for the conuinity that has already been worked on over and over by many talented creators. Which, admittedly, is his right but it's still very disheartening. I really hate to sound so negative about this, but I personally do not see much positive about this whole thing. I really hope I can look back in August or so and laugh at how wrong I was, but I doubt it. No wonder my SW interest is close to non-existant lately...

[/rant]

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I hate to admit it but I am with Christian. I am very sad that Lucas seems to have no regard for his own stories and will do anything to make money on it. Or at least with this latest addition that I how I am seeing it. I could be wrong but... *shrugs

Maybe I will be able to come back with you and share that laugh...

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I don't think Lucas knows the meaning of "Quit while you're ahead". He was a genius years ago, but he's slowly convincing me that he's becoming a crazy old man past his prime.

6. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I know it may seem sacreligious to some here, but I've felt that way about most of the E.U. for years nows.

When the first Zahn Trilogy came out back in the day, I thought they were great and really got interest back up. I also think he nailed the characters dead on in his books. But after that, most of the stories just weren't as good.

The comics too, there have been some good ones, But a whole lot of bad ones.

I still read most of them,liked quite a few, but they just didn't seem legit on the same level as the movies. I know this is a little different as it is being released as a movie, but it is a cartoon. I'll look at it in the same way as the books though - It just won't be on the same level.

But I know I'll see it. It will be an hour and half break from the everyday cycle.

Lucas may be crazy, but he has us, as well as millions of others, hooked. Kinda like a crack dealer. :)

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, my hubby said about this movie "Lucas, knows what he's doing. He is a marketing genius."
    He's right. It all seems like one big commercial to buy all the goodies he has everyone buying. I love that the story is continued in many ways and enjoy that aspect of it, but he has gone from movie genius to marketing genius and that sucks! I don't have high hopes for the movie other than it maybe delving a little deeper into the lives of the other Jedi, but with the addition of a new Jedi apprentice I am sure we will not get to know more about the others.
    Makes me sad!

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    One of Lucas' main strengths throughout the years has been his ability to not turn Star Wars into Star Trek with countless tie-ins. This seems to be changing lately though, and IMO it's not a good thing...

If this makes no sense, I just had my wisdom teeth out and I'm a little out of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.