main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Clone Wars Theatrical Release and The Tidewater Alliance

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    As discussed at the last meeting, we the Tidewater Alliance have a few choices for what we want to do for this event.

First Choice - We have been invited to participate with the 501st at Military Circle mall on Saturday, August 16th. This would involve Costumes.

Second Choice - We can do our own event at Columbus Station with Regal Cinemas. In speaking to our contact with Regal Cinemas it was said that they would love to have us back for this event. It is up to us if we want to do a one day event, or the whole weekend.

If we did our own event, we would be looking at setting up displays and all that great stuff we are well known for.

As this will also be discussed at the next meeting on July 5th, please let us know what which option you would prefer here on the boards, as we do not want to sign on with Regal Cinemas and have only 3 people show.

2. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Second Option - Do our own event.

3. jatsu-aiki

jatsu-aiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Having our own thing would be great.
    I have already put my time in off for that weekend.
    Look forward to it!!!!

4. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    our own event. Weekend is cool

5. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Just to clarify Jason, everyone need not be in costume at Military Circle. This is FanForce; not everyone has costumes (canon, non-canon, or otherwise).

The premiere is suppose to be fun for everyone. People who don't costume up can come out and poke fun at the armored costumers like me (LOL!), hand out your flyers, be photographers, handlers, or just go see the movie outright! At Military Circle, there won't be any table, so no one will be bound to do that kind of PR stuff.

If Regal works out for you, I think some of us in GT would be happy to show support for the TA at Regal, depending on the schedule and people's availability. Another venue to troop at is always a neat thing I think! It gives people options.:)

6. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Gotcha.

I guess I misunderstood who was doing the event. In the thread you made it said "501st - Garrison Tyranus invites members of the Tidewater Alliance", so I took that as it was a 501st event, which would mean only costumers.

But before we invite others to troop with us, we need to determine if we have enough people to participate for regal and all that. Still not sure if we are doing our own since it is on the table or if we are gonna hit Military with you guys. We put it to the membership at the last meeting and will have the final decision on the 5th of July, so I will let you know as soon as we figure it all out and decide which way we want to go.

7. Caranundomiel

Caranundomiel Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    I'm in for either event. (I tend to favor doing our own, just cause I've been brainwashed that Military Circle is bad, but since I don't have much to contribute other than myself in a costume, whatever the group decides is fine by me! ^_^)

8. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    I'm in for doing our own.

9. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    nah, Jim carroll and I just got us in the theatre, that's all. If other groups join in, it'd be a joint event!;)

We (501st) extend an invitation to the entire FanForce community, both HRR and TA, which includes everyone. For those who don't have costumes or choose not to be in costume, whatever the case might be, sport your SW tees, FanForce tees, or anything else that makes ya happy.:)

10. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Sounds great Thumpy. Our next meeting is July 5th, I will be sure to send you word shortly after what the group has decided.

11. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    I'm going to be on a much needed vacation for the 4th of July weekend so I won't be at the meeting. So I'll cast my vote now:

I prefer this to be a community thing (I love to see a crowd of SW fans from various fan groups in costume or otherwise-kind of like a minicon); however, if the TA wants to ride solo on this one, I'm up for that too.

12. Darth_Clerric

Darth_Clerric Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    Either way is fine by me

13. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Which way do you tend to lean on the subject, that way we have a better understanding on who wants to do what.

i.e, I don't care either way as I like everyone in all the groups, but would personally like to do our own event as a Fanforce.

So if you could lean one way over the other, which would it be? thanks.

14. Darth_Clerric

Darth_Clerric Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    The only reason why i put that out is because of my work schedule. I will not if I am going to be able to attend because of it untill the schedules are out. But I would like to see us do our own thing...

15. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    If you posted in here for doing our own event. This was an interest thread. Now that the interest has been met. Please go Here to post. All those who said they wanted to do there own thing. We assumed that you commited to it so post your intentions. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you all there for a fun filled time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.