main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Clone Wars Toys 7/26 12:01am

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Check this out! 7/26/08 Clone Wars Toys Midnight Madness Sale at Toys R Us!
    www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lucasfilm_And_ToysRUs_Join_Forces_115726.asp
    Local Toys R Us: Tigard, Clackamas, Eugene, Medford.
    Does anyone one want to meet up for this since there are multiple locations?
    -Eric

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Larena said that nobody would really line up for just a new Star Wars movie (not like that's a big deal or anything like that, lol), so I'm sure nobody would line up at midnight for "just" Star Wars toys!

Oh... wait. Yeah, they will. Sounds like fun, I'd be there if I was around that day. ;)

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
  4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, I'm just giving you a hard time Larena ;)

5. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Well I for one, would like to meet fellow OFF members at Toys R Us. I think I'll be at the Clackamas Toys R Us, in costume as ANH Han Solo.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I live decently close to the Tigard store.

7. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I'll be at the Clackamas store as well. Imperial Officer or Corran Horn, CorSec.

- Bill

8. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    so these aren't to be out until July 26th ... if you want them before then head to Salem's Shop-Ko I was there today and they had them out. They look great, but I'm not going to get into them.

-Russ

9. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    There will be 501st/Rebel Legion members at the Tigard, Clackamas, and Eugene Toys R Us stores. Eugene Toys R Us will be at 10am though.

I for one am looking forward to collecting some of this line, and to the movie Aug 15th.

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I am looking for all that and TFU!!!

- Bill

11. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Is anyone going to show up at any of the Toys R Us's 12:01am besides a few of us costumers??
    If not for the new toys, at least come out to see the costumers for a picture.
    Or is SW toy collecting not your SW flavor?
    I don't see how this release is different than from the prequels' toy release parties, and even for the upcoming MOVIE. THIS is a new Star Wars event, let's celebrate.

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    That's right.... it doesn't matter where you are. If you are a collector of the toys or just want to hang out with some of us costumers, all are welcome to come hang out with us.

Eric and myself will be at the Clackamas Store.

We also have costumers at the Tigard Store at 12:01.

Allan (Quick2) and some guys will be at the Eugene store (at like 10 am... yeah I know, they're a bunch of merries :D ).

Where ever you may be, there are 3 locations where we all can get together and hang out. So, if you aren't doing anything and want to plan on some activity, come hang out with us. Maybe afterward can all go out for a late-night snack?

- Bill

13. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    There will be more than just you two!:cool: Like me!!!!!:D

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Sorry, Rob. I was referring to those of us who were costumers here in the OFF that were scheduled to be there that night. I wasn't wanting to speak on your behalf because it looked like you weren't 100% committed for attending this event, bro! ;)

- Bill

15. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Make it 99% homeboy! [face_laugh]

16. CodyMercy

CodyMercy Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2008
    For those who are going to this in clackamas, when you showing up? Also, is anyone planning on going to the premiere of clone wars at the east port plaza theater? century 16 i think is the name?

17. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    We'll be there 7/26 Friday night before 12:01am. Hope to see you there. As for the Clone Wars movie premire night, those that are in the costuming groups are looking into the local theaters, although there is some talk about a theater in Vancouver. I would be up to going to a more local theater though.

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Amen. I'd be there if I could. My friend from Portland is coming down to Los Angeles and we're going to see the movie at one of the bigger local theaters, I don't know if that will be the ArcLight or if it showed at Mann's we might see it there.

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    99% it is, bro! [face_peace]

Like Eric said, it is still up in the air. I would much rather do a closer movie theatre, but nobody can seem to get any information, thus far. Do you know someone at that theatre who wants us costumers out there?

- Bill

20. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    It's Tonight! Wow, a new figure line for a New STAR WARS movie.:cool:
    We should be celebrating this. Where's the hype? Were any of you waiting in line for the other figure midnight madness sales?
    I just saw a new trailer on TV for the movie. Jabba has a son, and is being protected Anakin and his padawan, too cool.

The 501st Legion and Rebel Legion will have members from the local area attending at the:
    Clackamas Toys R Us
    Tigard Toys R Us
    Eugene Toys R Us (10am)

Hope to meet some members tonight.
    -Eric

21. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow. What a fun time. There was a crowd of at least 50+ people. The 501st/RL members entertained the people in line for pictures and talking. There was an Imperial Officer (AramysStrael), Han Solo (jawafett), a couple of EP3 Clone Troopers, a couple of Sand Troopers, and a Shadow Trooper with a couple of Jawas. Very cool.

Toys R Us has a very large cool display set up for the Clone Wars Toys.

Didn't see or hear of anyone mentioning OFF affiliation. But I did mention the site to a few people.
    After the crowd was let in, the madness started, and the racks were cleared of the figures and of the New Huge Millennium Falcon toy, my must have vehicle to get. Other than a few irate collectors not getting their share, I would say that the event went pretty good. Now the hunt begins for those must get Toys.

Next up, the Clone Wars Movie premier night.

Did anyone else go to this event?

-Eric

22. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    DId anyone pick up some Clone Wars toys yet?
    I got a Rex, and General Kenobi. I'll pick and choose which ones I'll collect, but I like the packaging for this line.

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    That's awesome there were so many people there, sounds like the prequels all over again. How fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.