main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Clone Wars toys at McDonalds

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Duchess_Olga, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hi, long time no post.

Anyway, I work downtown and I went to McDs on Friday in the Tunnel on Walker (between Louisiana and Milam) and they had about 14 of the toys. They were selling them $1.72 each.

I then stopped by a McDs by my house on 249 by Antoine, and they were selling the toys for a dollar, but they only had Darth Vader.

Now in Downtown I bought Han, Wicket, R2 and Vader, and I decided to buy another Vader at the one on 249.

Anyone else buy any and how much and where?

2. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Bobble head toys? I guess I'll need to run out and get some

3. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I have three (so far) Anakin, R2 & Vader

4. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I stopped by the McDs on 249 and Veterans Memorial on Sat and they only had Anakin for $1.83. I stopped by the one on West Rd and 45N and they had Wicket, Yoda, and Vader for $1.83.

5. RomulusClone

RomulusClone Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2008
    I was able to complete the set of 18 yesterday. (The Rex, Yoda, and Vader are my favorites). The McD's off of 610 Southloop Eastboound and Cullen is selling them for $1.07. It is the only McD's I've found in the Greater Houston Area that is selling them for one buck instead of two. I did not get them all from that location, however. I bought several from there for a dollar a piece, then traded them at the one inside the Museum of Natural Science close to where I work. That way I paid minimal price, and could check daily to get the ones I needed. The whole set goes nicely with my complete set of BK ones from 2005. :)

6. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I got a couple each of Stormy and Rex. I plan to take the heads off one set for use elsewhere. The Rex head I will try to repurpose to my 12" AOTC Clone since I like the sculpt better than the head the 12" figure came with.

Most of the others I don't really care to acquire, though I may go for a Boba.

Which ones make sound? Just Vader? I do like the walking AT-AT. Are there any other cool features?

7. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I think the Yoda toy talks (this coming from my brother in law, as I have not seen one yet). Vader makes the breathing noise and laser fire sounds.

8. RomulusClone

RomulusClone Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2008
    The R2 whistles and beeps three seperate "phrases", the Yoda states "May teh Force be with you", and Vader both breaths and fires blaster sounds. The AT-AT (Stormie) and AT-ST (Chewy) are wind ups, and are kind of fun. The Grevious, Asohka, and Asajj have light up sabers. Most ships have a pull-back and release boost, but not all. Some are just rolling - like Leia, Boba Fett, Padme, Rex, Yoda, etc.

9. darthstereo

darthstereo Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2008
    does anyone happen to have a Wicket Ewok Happy Meal toy in bag?

I have almost half of the others for trade in bag.
    Just let me know via PM or message and I will be happy to trade.

good hunting

10. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I have a Wicket but not in a bag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.