Salisb, NC CLONE WARS toys...

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    OH MY...

I was able to stop at an OHIO Walmart in my travels and thanks to a nice girl wanting to help me out called in the stock guys to go get the pallets they had (Apparently the toy mgr. was out on leave and no one knew to put the stuff out at midnight).

So, I ended up with ATTE and ALL the figures. I still didn't get the mallenium falcon, a clone helmet or the ships (droid and V19) I wanted. Next day after commitments were fulfilled - I headed out to WV to a Toys R US / Walmart and found the falcon, movie book and novel as well as the ships I desired. Picked up a few other small items and was on my way.

AWESOME! Started reading the novel and looked through the movie book - looks awesome! I always read first - my imagination is always better than any movie even though Lucas does a excellent job.

SURE AM SORRY I MISSED THE LOCAL PINEVILLE EVENT - hope is was as successful as the Toys R us I went to next day in WV. They said it was PACKED. toys were flying off the shelves all over the country according to the mgr. Missed out on another meet/greet w/ 501st/rebel legion and CFF. Hope we can do something soon!

NOW - DO I OPEN THIS STUFF or wait until Christmas to give the kids - may have to buy doubles or tripples (1 to open, 1 to hang on my home office wall and 1 to give kids)...

$500 in the hole but priceless when it comes to star wars at midnight (Actually 2:30 am when I got to the Walmart)...
  2. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    The Falcon. Was that the new one they just reissued? That thing is supposed be huge! It's like almost 3 feet across! Jason at work showed it to me online. Man, what an addition to your collection!
  3. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It was busy and tuskentrooper aka Dean was Podcasting with New York and Taiwan at the same time. It was amazing. The best part was the kids lightsaber fighting in the parking lot.

Here are pics -- I managed to stay out of them. :p

4. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes to the NEW falcon - it's awesome! THANK YOU Jada for posting an update to the Toys R US event. It looks like you guys put on a real CLASS act event for the fans. GREAT JOB - wish I was there for it...

Pics look good.
  5. Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    you got the new falcon!?? wow!
  6. Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Man I just saw they want 150+ bucks for that falcon. Thats CRAZY! if i had the extra money i'd probably get it cause it looks SWEET! seems to have everything the falcon has in the movie like all the compartments and rooms and stuff. Major cool. Also like the clone helmet. Is it actual size or is it a tad too small?
  7. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Helmet fits an adult but has some issues - thought of taking one and modifying it w/ bondo for seams, new paint scheme for Rex and changing out the visor to a smaller look ($29.00 is cheap)! THIS IS UNTIL I Pull one of my own custome EP II helemts from the molds I am working on (I have 2 EP III Clone helemets almost finished).

Also thought of pulling out the mike system on the store helemet for one of my helemets... The helemet is really cool for a kid or someone who wants to costume informally!

The falcon is COOL - have not opened it yet - Christmas for my little Obi-wan... All in all I got eveything that came out that was new - spent over $400 bucks - but hey I always do that when a new movie set of toys come out and I'm not done yet - I have the listing for the rest of the year and there are still a lot more CLONE WARS Movie figures coming and toys coming...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.