Clone Wars TV show

Discussion in 'Seacoast, NH' started by JangoFett3263827, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It's official!!! This fall the Cartoon Network will air 20 three minute shorts on the Clone Wars. I don't know about you but I plan to tape every one of them. For more on the story go to http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20030220/index.html. And Lyta, how do you get the link markup code to work?
  2. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Saw that notice on force.net and was originally excited, but I am so disappointed with the artwork. It's terrible. I was hoping that they would do the series with computer animation, that would have looked so much better; case in point the Bounty Hunter game.
  3. Cephas Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I actually love the artwork! In fact, that sketch of Yoda is freakin awesome! The cartoons are being done by the same creators of Dextor's Labratory and Samurai Jack. Those cartoons are intelligent, action oriented and visually active. Especially Samurai Jack. You can see the influence of SW in those cartoons. In some aspects, it's perfect - a Jedi is sorta like a Samurai. lways fighting with honor for sake of good. They're guardians, not warriors. But if you piss them off, they'll make short work of you. (Of course, a Jedi won't commit supoko (sp?) if they commit an evil act or dishonor they're Lord - they just go to the Dark Side, and that's worse!)

ANyway, I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for the release dates and times of these shorts. I'm with Jango, tape 'em! Cause who knows when Lucas will ever release them himself and when he'll do a Special Edition of it and never let us see the originals! (Gee, do you sense any bitterness here?)
  4. slappy Jedi Youngling

I agree with Jango and Cephas on this one. This animation team has proven its storytelling abilities time and again. In "Jack" they have VERY LITTLE dialouge and still give a fresh new story every episode. Imagine this same style of art and framing used to tell such a rich story as the Clone Wars. With such a great match-up of talents they would almost have to try in order to make this bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.