main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars versions of existing characters/ships worth getting?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by RogueWompRat, Jun 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Do you guys think that the kitbashed Anakin, Obiwan, and Yoda figs are worth getting? They seem kinda lame. And whats up with the Clone Wars gunship? Its just the normal one but with black stripes!

2. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    It's all up to you if you want the figures by them I'm a completist so I'll get theme for sure. So far I have the entire Saga line '02 and '03 ships playsets ect... So I'll be getting them reguardless. Get what you like.

3. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I'm getting them. They look cool.

4. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    I'll probably end up getting them...

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'll definitely be getting quite a few of the clone wars things... They seem like a lot of fun and quite cool.

6. bitterlt

bitterlt Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I probably won't get any of the Clone versions of AOTC stuff, but original Clone figures like the ARC trooper, and Durge, I'll definitly be getting. (If the stores ever stock the figures, that is.)

7. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'll do the same thing with the Clone Wars line that I've always done with SW figures, if I like it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't... ;)

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I´ll be getting Anakin ( possibly ),
    Obi Wan, Durge ( either the carded one or the one with the swoop ), Adri Ventress (sp?) and an ARC Trooper.

I don´t like the look of Yoda therefor I will be getting the AOTC version with Chian.

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm with Mr. Neck on this topic as always. I'll be getting the figures that I like.

10. DARTHCRITIC

DARTHCRITIC Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I'll definitely get everything that I see, or can get my hands on. As we all know, that is the most difficult part of course, actually seeing any of it.

The Anakin and Obi-Wan figures look pretty cool, Yoda is Yoda, enough said; I'll be buying him, and the ARC Trooper, well, he could be better, but I'll get him anyway.

As far as the villains go, I think Ventress looks great, but Durge is just a bit over the top (overdone). I'll get him if I see him just because.

Most of the new ships look good, but I probably won't get the new Gunship because it looks exactly the same, but I will definitely be getting the Hailfire Droid, Geonosian Fighter, Assualt Tank (never got the original release), and Anakins Jedi Starfighter, even though it looks rediculous.

Again, that's all if I actually see any of the stuff.

DARTHCRITIC

11. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    i'm really looking forward to seeing the Hailfire Droid, Geonosian Fighter, and i'm thinking the different painted versions of the jedi starfighter and gunship look kinda cool, too. i don't think i'll get the figures or anakin's starfighter, but if i have the extra money, i'd rethink that depending upon a closer inspection of them. right now, i'm more looking forward to the release of some of the figures like the jedi council 3-packs and geonosian war room 3-packs. i gotta ration the funds and prioritize.

12. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    If all the accessories and garbage come off then I'll buy the figures for sure. Personally, I think they look a bit silly, kind of like bad flashbacks of Smuggler Flight-Pack Han Solo and Super Crazy Cannon Boba Fett. I am looking forward to the HailFire Droid, Geonosian Fighter, Clone Trooper Army and Droid Army. I'll probably end up getting them all eventually, but I'll stick to hunting for the '03 Saga Figures for the most part.

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I'll do the same thing with the Clone Wars line that I've always done with SW figures, if I like it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't..."

I should have said that, because that's what I always do too. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.