main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Volume 2 Garners an Annie Award Nomination!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by vong333, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well gang, it looks like the second volume of the clone wars cartoon series (season 3) has done it again. Earlier today, the nominations for the 33rd annual Annie Awards were released. In the best animated for television category was the clone wars volume 2. In total, when combining volume 1 and 2. It has recieved 3 Emmy awards, and 2 Annie nominations. GL was right in commissioning more clone war cartoons for the future, but you got to admit...the pressure is on for that show. This one already ran away with awards and nominations, very good ratings at the cartoon network. We will see if GL animated stuff can compete.

For more info on past winners and nominations, plus info on the other nominations for this years annie awards, head over to www.annieawards.com, click on For Your Consideration for the info.

2. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    You know, now that I think about it. This series really was very good for the amount of time that it was given. Imagine what would ghappen if they gave GT more time.[face_thinking]

3. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I wish we could have seen more cartoon CWs but this new series should be interesting. I'm happy with the 3 quality seasons we got!

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    What I don't get is, if Lucas was convinced to extend Clone Wars into an actual show because of all the awards it's gotten, why is he hriing new directors, producers, writers, and animators?

5. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Good question. [face_thinking]

6. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    The truth is there is nothing like doing your own stuff. Keeping it in-house. The sub-contracting out may have caused some concern. You know, someone else comes in to play in your background and gets all the awards and attention. Thats what I think. Who knows, but we win with more clone wars stuff.

7. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Yeah, you have a point. Lucas was probably jealous. He said to Genndy "I couldn't let you take all the credit and get all the award." And then Genndy replied "I knew there was more to you then money!" [face_laugh]

8. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    TheWookie- You had me laughing the whole time buddy.[face_laugh]

Seriously though, I do hope that the new animation is even better then these.[face_peace]

9. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Let's see: Lucas will be in charge of the show. Will the animation be great? No doubt. The story? Eh, probably will be interesting. Dialogue? :oops:

10. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    But Lucas isn't going to be in charge of the show, at least not any more than he was for the original show. Sure, it's going to be all in Lucasfilm now, but they're hiring completely new people for it.

11. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Well, only the first season, at least. I was going by the fact that he claims that he is to write and supervise the entire first season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.