main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Clone Wars Volume 2 - Season 3: Reactions

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Just thought I would start a thread covering our reactions and thoughts to the new Clone Wars animation clips.

First, I am truly grateful for more than 3 minutes a clip! ARC Troopers truly kick butt!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe :p I mentioned my reactions in the Social thread hehehe
    I'll cut and copy it here I guess

New cartoons are on for the Clone Wars! First one is already up on the starwars site if you're a hyperspace member. It rocked!! Comes on Cartoon Network at 6pm our time (CST) maybe a couple mins prior. At least it came on around 5:57 on my TV clock.
    It rocked! :D

Ok now for my added stuff:

The ARC Troopers were sweeeeet! Man that was cool :) so well done! Shows how organized/trained/precisioned they are. I thought that was extremely well worked.

Now the only thing I had was Qui-Gon's nose... OH MY GOODNESS! Why couldn't they give the poor guy an elegant one like they did Dooku? Both Chris and Liam have long noses not BIG ones! [face_laugh] Oh well.

Man Anakin and Padme [face_laugh] now that part was funny!

And C3PO's lil 'revealing' [face_laugh] Now that was funny too!

3. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    I loved the new episode, like it had humor, action, romance, and cool jedi stuffs that lead to Episode III! I cant wait for the one on tonight. It will own! I loved the way Grevious moves and just...grah it felt like star wars for once!

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh tonight's juz rocked even more!!! Humor galore and wise counsel from Dooku! [face_batting]

Glad to see Obi-Wan and Anakin buds :) cuz they're supposed to be :D Who ever is doing Dooku in the cartoons is doing an exceptional job on his voice. [face_love] Yeah baby! All right I know... I'm nutz 8-} I can't help it ;) must be that 'Aristocratic' Dark Side mixed with his charisma! [face_laugh]

5. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    It was funny to see Anakin eating bugs. That had me laughing.

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Okay, I thought that 23 was much better than the previous two. Did you notice that Master Tiin had his horn all the way back? Yoda and Windu fighting together was breathtaking.
    I was a little bothered by Yoda not realizing what was going on until the last moment and then uttering the "no-kidding" phrase, "protect the city we must."

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah otisdodge that threw me off too. The 'no kidding' phrase. Yoda looked like a sad shocked puppy with his eyes so large and ears drooping! [face_laugh]

The fighting side by side was great. Mace's ship was purple!! LMAO!! Can almost hear the cartoonist state - "In honor of Samuel Jackson." [face_laugh]

Yeah Tiin was interesting... and his 'spacesuit' now that looked like something out of the 'Warlords' computer games!

Hmmm it appeared that Anakin was leaving w/o his saber... at least I didn't see it on him. [face_thinking] now that'd be different!

Loved Obi-Wan's comment though - "Don't fail yourself." Great words!

8. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME! Where that one clone trooper was killing all those droids! Oh man! Hardcore! Hahaha. I also liked the whole "No Anakin, don't fail yourself." with the force theme playing in the background. Man oh man, Episode III is going to be badass. This is crazy but the clone wars cartoons even feel like a star wars movie now. I'm so excited!

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Man, if we could harnass everyone's reactions to these cartoons into some form of energy, we'd make millions! :D

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I loved Palps 'You can't barge in here...." [face_laugh] Talk about LMAO!! And his lifting of his eyebrow when Shaak Ti made Grievous cape tie around that subcar/train!!

It followed Labrynth of Evil up until they left the Senate Building. But oh well I do believe they had most of the cartoons finished before LOE actually was out in print. But this cartoon tonight was awesome!! I totally agree! And that clone trooper commander! WOW! Hardcore indeed my friends I agree!

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    When Shaak Ti tied the cape to the train I wasn't sure if she did it or if old palpy did it.

12. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    Oh man talk about forshadowing! The vision Anakin had in the cave was beautiful! Wow!

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    She had to have done it - well at least I think so cuz of the comment she says prior to train/subway takes off. Though his rising of his brow (Palps) was juz funny. He probably was wondering if Grievous would feel it being done or even think something like that could be done to 'him'. Guess not since it happened! [face_laugh]

14. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    Dont forget! Tonight on Cartoon Network starting at Seven they are showing all of Season 3!

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    YAY!! [face_dancing] And I'm gonna try to watch it all! These chapters were awesome! Well it helped that they were more than 3 mins long. Though I gotta admit...those 3 mins ones were like ram packed with action.

16. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    Man oh man I cannot wait till Episode III!!!!!!

Is it wierd that for some reason I've stopped thinking of Anakin Skywalker as Skywalker and now view him as Vader? Like on the Star Destroyer when he was giving out orders I could just see the helmet and everything. Man I cant wait!

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Man, I've been out of town since Monday and haven't gotten to see but ONE of these! :(

But that's okay, ya see, I have DISH DVR BABY!! When I come home tomorrow you better believe I'm watchin' all these suckers.

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I got them all on tape on Saturday and on my parents TIVO, so I can make a BETTER TAPE!!!
    These rock. Have you heard that Lucas is planning on making a regular half-hour star wars cartoon?

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I heard about the animated series due out next year or so. I also heard about a live-action series in the works as well. Keep ya fingers crossed! ;)

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh what are they gonna entail? After Ep III? Or after Ep VI?

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We could always hope for an "infinities" or "tales" type of series, with individual series detailing events not in the movies and jumping around the timeline from Sith Wars/Old Republic al the way to NJO.

Lucas said something like [with all the main characters]. Whatever that means--after 6 films that leaves a lot to choose from.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    All the main characters? Wow then yeah that's a heckuva lot to choose cuz some of the main characters...well Ep III kind'a solves some of that issue [face_laugh]
    Can't wait to see what it entails then.

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I would personally like to see a show that encompasses the Young Jedi Knights series. Basically, it would be about Han and Leia's kids. That'd be interesting. They could start the story off after the battle of Endor and fast-forward to where the kids are a little older (teenage or so). That way they could bring back Mark Hamill (yeah, like that'll happen - but one can always wish), plus he'd be the right age.

Ahhh... well. I can dream. [face_laugh]

24. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I think that series has too much potential for being stupid and juvenile--there is plenty in SW for the kids now, without dumbing it down and leaving adults completely out of the loop. I personally would like something more mature.

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, yeah. It would be stupid and juvenile if it was written by an idiot. Get some get good writing in place and anything can happen.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see something "mature" so-to-speak. But I gotta have that care-free humor (Solo) that the original trilogy brought us for me to really accept it. But then again, anything Star Wars has my attention.

Besides, I think I read somewhere it is going to probably take place between the trilogies anyway. It'll probably be about different battles between the Empire and Rebellion. I could live with the show following a particular squad of Rebels evading Empire capture with Jedi occasionally dropping in, dying, etc. Mwahahahahaha..... Sorta like a Band of Brothers feel on a Star Wars high. Vader could make some appearances too. It could work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.