Ark Clone Wars Volume 2 - Season 3: Reactions

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Die_Jedi_Dogs Force Ghost

star 3
    Ooooh. You know what. I really like the sound of that, a Band of Brothers feel riding on a Star Wars high. Wow, that would be really really good.

Then bam. Fanfilm idea pops into my head.
  2. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    You just say the word. We can get a fanfilm going this summer. ;)
  3. Die_Jedi_Dogs Force Ghost

star 3
    But which word is it? There are millions! I mean I guess I can get started now..um. It, and, the, maybe a, where, who, they, then, how...oh man. This is going to take a while.
  4. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    True, there are millions of words. But how many words are dignified enough to be preceeded by THE? If you want to look at the ladder of importance in using words, from least important to most....take a look below:

A -> word
    THE -> word
    THAT -> word

As you can see, THAT is more self-respecting than A or THE. It's really unfortunate too. So many people use A and THE, but forget they can make more impact with THAT. So, here's an example:

Go get me A hammer. (Doesn't really reel in the listener.)
    Go get me THE hammer so I can use it. (Okay, you have the listener's attention. Now what?)
    Go get me THAT hammer or I'll beat your *** with it. (NOW we're talking. It is suggested that the listner do this or reap the consequences.)

So, you see it's one of life's little lessons. A is used so commonly and THE gets your attention. But THAT is verbal abuse I tell ya.
  5. Die_Jedi_Dogs Force Ghost

star 3
    "Go get me THAT hammer or I'll beat your *** with it."

Ah yes, how many times can I remember Mr. Bell uttering that frase from atop the rickety tower of death upon the parking lot of the old gym....

Oh yes, memories. Memories.

But seriously, we should do a fanfilm this summer.
  6. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Ahhh... ol' Mr. Bell. He's still the same. ;)

Don't know if you know this or not, but there is a fanfilm in production as we speak. My friend on here, penzargrat, wrote one up. He's needing some extras and possibly more. I'll try to find that fanfilm thread and up it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.