main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars: Where did Anakin's scar come from?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Obi1cannoli, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BTW, for those curious as to what GL's answer is to the thread title's question...

"So how did Anakin get that scar, George?" asks John Knoll.

"I don't know. Ask Howard," says George, referring to President of Lucas Licensing Howard Roffman. "That's one of those things that happens in the novels between the movies. I just put it there. He has to explain how it got there. I think Anakin got it slipping in the bathtub, but of course, he's not going to tell anybody that."

;)

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Wow, I remember that. Lucas isn't as concerned with those things as we think he is.

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Ah, so that's how he got it. A slip in the bathtub...:p

That is interesting to see.

Out of curiosity, what will happen when George passes away? Or is too old to keep up with everything? Will SW just...end? [face_worried]

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I thought I read that he doesn't authorize anything to continue. And then he becomes one with the Force.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Every planet in the galaxy will listen to "Endor celebration" while everyone celebrates the death of George Lucas. He will then appear as a force ghost, only his face much younger and smile proudly on his son.

6. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yet, I'm sure his Force ghost will be wearing plaid while screaming, "Faster! More intense!."

7. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Ah, what you guys have said most definitely makes sense. I should've known.

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I think it's better not knowing where his scar came from. The scar implies the injury was violent, happened a long time ago if it's a scar, and that he's seen a lot of battle action.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He's left instructions that there is never to be any more movies- no Episodes 7-9. The EU, I imagine, will probably continue on.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    That's what I was saying earlier. No movies at all, ever. I wasn't even sure about the EU.

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    However, someone will have to control the intellectual property. The person who controls it can, and likely will be able to make more films if they choose. It may take some legal wrangling but I am sure that more films can be made once his children (assuming its them) take over the family business (which is all the Lucas-properties really are).

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I hope his kids honor their dad's wishes and leave it alone or we'll end up with another Ploice Academy, Rocky, and Star Trek movie series on our hands.

13. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Thats something i have always wondered, who is he going to get to take over everything? His children are still very young. He should really have a will ready for when the day comes seeming as i cant even think of anything more important. [face_thinking]

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    He doesn't want anyone doing Star Wars after he dies. He wants to have control over the product and I don't blame him. When he relinquished control, we got The Holiday Special. He's on record saying it dies with him.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, to be fair- Rocky Balboa was created fully under the direction and writing of Stallone, not someone else trying to milk someone else's franchise.

16. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Maybe star wars but what about his other business?

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    For the most part, I think Indy's done. Ford's over the hill and Indy IV didn't get the best reviews. THX, Lucasfilm and Lucasarts will probably be all left up to his kids to sell and exploit.

18. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks for answering seriously. :p And that makes sense. If the TV shows are still going on when he passes away, I wonder how long those will go on.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I imagine they'd complete whatever storylines they had planned out, and would be carried under the showrunner Lucas leaves in charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.