Clone Wars, which channel?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jedi_dude77, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_dude77 Jedi Knight

Hi guy's.

Does anyone know which channel Clone Wars will be shown in the UK?

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, maybe because it hasn't been announced yet? I'm hoping it's not going to be a Sky One exclusive.
  2. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I honestly don't care as long as it's not the BBC. Don't want to waste the license money.
  3. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    I'd guess Cartoon Network
  4. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Personally I'd love the Beeb to get it. But I suspect it'll be Cartoon Network.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    That would be my guess as well. The last series premiered on Toonami and then ran a couple of weeks later on Cartoon Network. Toonami is gone now so there's Cartoon Network, CN Too, and Boomerang. I think Boomerang is for older stuff so I'd imagine a premiere on CN or CN Too and a later showing on Boomerang.
  6. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the one thing thats going to peeve me about both this and the live action series. I have neither freeview (my area cant get it still, grr) nor Sky (Im going to uni soon, no money).

BBC would be perfect for me because of the iplayer.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Considering the BBC is notorious for not being able to afford things, I doubt it will get this series. It might get the live action series, but it will probably be 2 years after every other provider has aired it.

Still, I can rent the DVD of the series once it is finished.
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I'd put money on Sky One.

But meh, not only will I just watch it when it airs in America, but I'll just buy the box set when it comes out.
  9. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    Not so sure about Sky One getting the animated series, it seems more of a CN thing to me, especially when the rumours said that CN was exactly where it may air in the US.
    The live action series i'd put money on it being a Sky One exclusive, in which case, I will be doing a 'Sie' :p
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Likewise, I wanna be able to keep up with gossip.
    Plus I could be as old as Yoda by the time the BBC get it, if they ever do :p
  11. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    Cartoon Network HD-1080, if you have only got a 720p screen you can't watch it...

..maybe.
  12. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Too true!
  13. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, it's definitely on the Cartoon Network in the US, the latest trailer has hit YouTube that has the Cartoon Network logo and voiceover all over it.

Seems likely it will be the same in the UK, though whether we get it as quickly is anyones guess.
  14. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    According to the UK SWComic, it'll be quite a wait...

[image=http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4627/howlongzc8.jpg]

Still, I know how I'll be watching it. [face_mischief]
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'd rather it were on the BBC, even if it is on a freeview channel, I don't like having programmes interrupted by ads. Cartoon Network isn't even freeview, which really sucks.
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    This thread over on Rebelscum is reporting an October 25th premiere of Clone Wars on one of the Sky Movies channels. I don't have my October issue of the Sky mag yet to verify this though. I looked in the October issue of What Satellite magazine but they only list the films on those channels for that day - not any fillers. Hopefully my Sky mag will come tomorrow or Monday.
  17. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    It sucks we have to wait so long for the series, especially as other countries are getting it earlier than we are. do CN & LFL not like the UK or something?
  18. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    That delay is weird.

Does anyone know if CN has any option similar to the iplayer, where series could be watched online? Cause I don't have a TV...
  19. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Update its NOT Carton Network see here.

So we wont have to wait so long after all :)
  20. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Unless you don't have Sky Movie, or even the Cartoon Network.......................................... I think I can wait though.
  21. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    TFN Story

7pm Oct 25 Sky Movies Premiere and Premiere HD...
  22. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm officially annoyed by this, I've just been to the Sky TV website, the cheapest option to see the series will cost £34 per month and a £60 set-up charge.

If you want to see it in HD make it £44 plus a £75 set-up charge.

I simply can't afford it!

This sucks!

I hope it's going to be available from iTunes. Otherwise no Clone Wars for me, thanks Lucas for rewarding a lifetime of loyal fandom, thanks BBC for spending our licence fees on trash like Dancing with the Stars and not decent progamming such as Lost and Clone Wars, thanks Sky for buying everything worth watching and charging the public way over what is acceptable and forcing me to miss 99% of the sporting events and now TV programmes I want to watch!

28 years of loyal fandom from myself is truly being tested, this really could be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.
  23. Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll wait for the DVD set TY. Not giving Murdoch one pence more subsciption than I am already. (P.S. Thanks Rupert for Sky+ though!)
  24. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    One option for those without Sky Movies:

Sky Movies Premiere repeats stuff the whole week. This might be premiering on the 25th, but there will be plenty of chances to record or watch it, especially if you know someone who has satellite as opposed to cable - satellite also has Sky Movies Premier +1, which shows eveything an hour later. Ask a friend to record it for you.
  25. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Screeeeeeech!!!"

You hear that? That's the sound of Sky once again, reaching into your shirt pocket and squeezing it blue. Sky Movies!?! What a joke! If there is anyway that the companies can screw some more coffers out of you, write your answers on the back of a postage stamp, and stick it to Rupert Murdoch's hairy cornhole! [face_monkey]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.