main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars, which channel?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jedi_dude77, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Erm, I share the same reaction(s) as many of ya, but not to put too fine a point on it...

I'm not going to pinpoint exactly what I'm not even supposed to be talking about on here, but you know what I mean. I'll be buying the DVDs any way, so I'll still get into Heaven ;)

2. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    Just in case anyone didn't know Sky movies are also showing all 6 movies in SD & HD back to back on news years day!

A hangover has never felt so good.....

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Anyone seen the first two episodes yet?

I got to say, I really enjoyed it.

Some great action and quality animation.

I know people are ripping these cartoons to shreads on geek websites like "Aintitcool" etc, but I think they're really good!

So sue me.

Only thing I don't like though is the semi-trooper armour the Jedi wear. Suppose its easier to animate, but the Jedi robes always look
    more badass.

4. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    If George Lucas is looking for these to be a sucess it's a bad decision on Lucasfilm's part to allow them to be shown on a pay to view channel such as Sky movies, I have Sky but will not be upgrading, it's simply not worth it. I guess I'll have to wait until they are shown on a more accessable channel :(

5. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    * cough * youtube cough *

I loved the first two episodes...

Sky aint getting a penny (more) off me...

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
  7. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Can't see what you lot are fussing over, I have Sky and in no way would I upgrade to either the Movie Channels or HD for the sake of a cartoon (Live action series I would consider). I was lucky enough to get a Blu-Ray player chucked in when I got my new telly so will wait for the Blu-Ray discs which will be better quality than Sky HD.

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I've got Sky and the Movies channels so I guess its a little fortunate but if I didnt have the Movies subscription I wouldnt bother.
    Besides the first 4 episodes have been on Youtube.

Despite Ahsoka and some of the droid humour its been good stuff so far.

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I have to agree with some of the others, thank the powers that be for YouTube [face_plain]
    It's nice of GL to make the series available ala catch up tv on starwars.com, but to then add insult to injury, then make it only available to viewers in the USA - well if ever you wanted to alienate the UK fanbase, that's a brilliant way to go about it, and then to give us an extra slap in the face by giving it to Sky?
    I'm not upgrading out of protest :p

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up that there is Star Wars: The Clone Wars Special as well. Right now it is on Sky 3 (until 6pm) but I am sure it will be on Sky One/Sky Movies as well. It's pretty good. It looks behind the scenes at voice and animation work as well as showing some footage from the episodes.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Heads up if you are tuning in tonight for this - episodes 1 & 2 are on 530-630 on Sky Movies Premiere (and an hour later on Premiere +1). It's then repeated from 7-8pm for the rest of the week. So if you tune in tonight at 7pm you've missed it. It certainly wasn't billed that way in the guides I saw. (They gave 7pm as the premiere time).

Edit (to avoid a triple post) - well, those were pretty good. A bit kid-oriented in parts, but then it is a cartoon. I still enjoyed them (and am currently watching the repeat on Premiere +1 ). Apparently the Saturday premieres will be 530-630 PM with the repeats from 7-8 pm for the rest of the week. Kinda puts paid to catching Merlin on Saturday nights. I'll have to try to remember to catch the Sunday repeat on that as I missed tonight's.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up - Sky Movies Family (ch 305) will be showing the first 10 episodes over Christmas if you missed any of them. The schedule:

Ep 1 - 24 Dec 4pm
    Ep 2 - 25 Dec 420 pm
    Ep 3 - 26 Dec 415 pm
    Ep 4 - 27 Dec 415 pm
    Ep 5 - 28 Dec 330 pm
    Ep 6 - 29 Dec 4pm
    Ep 7 - 30 Dec 415 pm
    Ep 8 - 31 Dec 430 pm
    Ep 9 - 1 Jan 4pm
    Ep 10 - 2 Jan 345 pm

13. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Seen up to episode 8 so far, and apart from the last episode, its been awesome.

I like Ahsoka more than in the movie, seems to have toned the use of nick-names down and the stories are pretty cool.

I love Anakin in this series aswell, much better than PT Anakin. Especially his 'You have something that belongs to me' bit in episode 7.

Jar Jar still sucks giant footballs though, why make a whole episode about a character 99% of the fanbase hates!?!?!

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Bombad Jedi was a complete abomination. I bet it was Lucas's idea to have that episode [face_plain]

15. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    I had heard people on the show say 'oh. this episode will make you like Jar Jar' before it was aired.

Now they said that about Anakin, and they were right. But this time, dead wrong. I actually hate him more now because it as ALL about him. Didnt have any cut-aways to Maul or a big war or Jedi, it was just Jar Jar.

Although it did have the hotter-than-real-life Padme in it lol......did I say that out loud?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just watched the JarJar episode. It was OK but it didn't make me like him any more.

And I've been seeing TV ads for the DVD of the CW film. It's out Monday.

17. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Yeah it is, all 1 DISC of it!

Seriously, first the show is on sky now, now we dont get the 2-disc set over here?

UK got screwed!

18. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    So, were the first two episodes the movie that was released?

I am confuddled.

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Nope. Movie is totally separate.

20. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The film was allegedly the first three episodes edited into one feature length film.

Had a look around in the shops this morning and I couldn't see the Blu-Ray anywhere, and even the DVD was pretty sparse.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sainsburys had plenty of the regular DVD but I didn't see any Blu-Ray ones.

22. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    At the HMV where I work we have sold 6 copies of the dvd and none what so ever of the blu ray version. Says it all really.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I am considering watching the series online since that is the only way I can see it before the series comes out on DVD.
    Where is best to view it?

24. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Nowhere legal lol

You can either trick the streaming sites (like starwars.com) into thinking your in the US, or you can really break the laws lol

Like I said before, we got shafted in the UK when it came to this series.

And yes the film is indeed the first 3 episodes edited together, decision was made pretty late to go for a cinema release.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Blu-Ray version seems to offer a lot more then the standard DVD version.
    It has a holographic sleeve and a bunch of additional content not on the standard DVD.

Seems odd to try and push people into buying Blu-Ray considering it's not the norm yet and still expensive to buy players and not overly cheap to buy the DVDs either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.