CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by AKAI_FETT, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Speaking of CW, who all here has seen all the season 2 episodes?
    I really enjoy watching them, and I think they are alot better than season 1.
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I have, Tom, and I agree with you. Season One had good episodes too, with some story arcs going two or three episodes long. But it looks like Season Two is getting darker, and will have more character-based stories. Even now, for example, Ahsoka is slowly proving herself in her abilities, Anakin is becoming more of a teacher and leader, and Padme's character is being given more to do. I think Cad Bane's a pretty cool character, not just in voice, but in look - pimpin! I can't wait for Mr. Fett to show up too, and its not surprising that some people are already making costumes for new characters, or ne costumes for existing characters. ;)

Like Lucas said, in wartime, there are many stories to tell - just look at how many movies have dealt with WWII alone. It'll be interesting to see how this plays in the upcoming live-action series too (feel free to bash now).
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I have my own reasons I don't like certain aspects of this series... In concept it's good, the animation itself is okay, the action is actually well done. BUT the story and technical things bother me to no end...

That Kyber Crystal Holocron episode with a holocron containing a list of every known Force-sensitive child in the galaxy... A little too convenient for that kind of thing to exist... Further more then... why wasn't Anakin on there from the start? In Ep.1, which in itself has tons of retconning issues, Qui Gon mentions that "had he been discovered in the Repulic he would of been found early and trained" and thus that hints more of a formalized medical screening with a midichlorian count rather than a magic list contained in a box.

Furthermore the name is also confusing with Kaiburr Crystal which was the artifact Force-enhancing crystal in Splinter of the Minds Eye. They are two different things with the same sounding name, which was initially why I got confused with the Rodian Jedi being the "keeper" of the Kyber Crystal, NOT Kaiburr Crystal and so that in itself was dumb. You'd think with all the names they could of chosen that they would of picked one that wasn't exactly the same as another pre-existing Force-artifact in the SW galaxy. WTF is Leeland Che doing? [face_tired] Fierfekker...

Oh and a Force-sensitive gungan... [face_talk_hand] it's over, nuff said...

Anyway, with the live action I seriously hope they have an EU advisor there... like someone who knows the universe seriously enough so that this kind of thing doesn't happen in every episode. It's just wrong...

How was that Matty? Everything you hoped for? :p
  4. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Continuity and retcon issues are like beating a dead horse, just enjoy it for what it is
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Better beating a dead horse rather than watching it decompose and thinking it's good...
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I remember when they announced there would be a new BSG series, and the uproar by fans when they found out that Starbuck was to be a girl, and Cylons wouldn't be the chrome-heads they all loved to hate.

Look what happened there.

Lucas seems to only rely on EU for when it suits his story ideas, or to please fans, like mentioning Quinlan Vos in ROTS, or using Aayla Secura in AOTC, the name Coruscant in TPM, and naming Vader's troops the "501st Legion"; and until he's no longer with us, it is his world, like Tom said, like it or not. That's what fan films, fan fiction, and fan edits are for, and thats the beauty of the Star Wars Universe - it allows fans to play with his toys and be in that world we all love. Lucas gave us this magic sandbox with tools and toys called Star Wars, and everyone comes up with their own sand castle.

:)

As a self-proclaimed EU non-expert, I find TCW a good show. I don't find little faults left and right to them, because they're Lucas-approved, and with the Star Wars lore so big (and getting bigger), its going to be impossible to fix every continuity error, so why worry? Its like avoiding death and taxes. I think its great that its giving a new generation exposure and enthusiasm for Star Wars like I had when I was little, and with all the crap that's available to kids on TV and the net nowadays, thats a really good thing! And even if you go through every EU story from books to comics, the Star Wars Holiday Special, and to the old Droids and Ewoks TV shows, there's continuity errors all around, so its a no-win game, so just deal with it, move on, and stick to what you like.

Now I can't wait til the Mandos appear on the show, then I'm sure there'll be debate (again).

[face_laugh]

7. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    We must remember that even though scores of adults watch the CW cartoon, that it is meant for children, and most children werent even around since 1994 to even scratch the EU surface. GL can do whatever he wants to star wars, novelists dont determine what is star wars canon, only GL does.
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Pretty cool CW event happening tomorrow in SF:

http://sf.funcheap.com/2009/10/15/star-wars-clone-wars-takeover-sf/
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Noted gentlemen... but let's get something straight, I use to be the first to defend Lucas and LFL with everything I had and we all know how my defense can be. When I say something is wrong it's based on my points of view which is subjective and just what I think base of my own knowledge and overall stuff which is extensive if I do say so myself... It's cool if no one agrees with me and that's totally fine but as you are well aware I'm not one to hold back when I see or feel something is just wrong.

What some may consider "a losing battle" in terms of continuity is the same "losing battle" I consider LFL is losing in terms of quality of the SW saga. I don't like that story has been sacrificed for convenience or merchandising. It's lazy, quick turn around, Star Wars is becoming the McDonalds of sci-fi. For example I recently learned that in NJO, the authors wanted to wanted to kill off Kyle Katarn in Star by Star. However due to possible creation of a NJO era Dark Forces/Jedi Knight game they kept him alive. Trust me, I LOVE the Dark Forces series of games by LA, however, to keep a very minor character who's going no where for the sake of possibly creating a video game that's in the NJO era is very bottom line/short sighted thinking...

Yet in the same novel they killed Anakin Solo for reason that are totally insane: cos Anakin Solo would be confused with Anakin Skywalker because the NJO series was being release at the same time of ROTS. WTF... Maybe if you're like 8 yo reading a SW novel you may get confused but you'd still have to be pretty slow there. Micheal A. Stackpole even said Anakin Solo was a waste of a potentially amazing character as well as powerful leader of the Jedi of the NJO in the future... and he attempted to write A. Solo in Darktide to stand out so he could get a reprieve but it didn't happen. In my mind... the sacrifice for story/character was to keep other cash cows going and Kyle and Anakin Solo's places were just swapped... and personally it's become tiresome. I loved Star Wars for the quality and story telling it represented and yes in a sense it still does that to cater to fans, but when it's convenient to LFL... as in, when it's most profitable to them. It's GL's sandbox for sure, but as long as he has control to kick down amazing sand castles/sand art when he wants the space to make something else that's questionable at best... I just disagree.

In a sense however, it's better than what most studios do and drive a popular series directly into the ground (ie Terminator) or cancel it before it starts getting good (ie Firefly) or just reboot EVERYTHING (EVERYTHING that's being made at the moment lol)... but I like to think we all hold SW to a higher standard, otherwise... why bother... :(
  10. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    [image=http://www.dor-lomin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lebowski-opinion.jpg]
  11. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Like... you know... yeah, it is...

I tire of this subject. Move along... [face_not_talking] or would you rather have me go into unchecked ranting mode? o_O
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Season One Box Set comes to DVD and Blu-Ray this Tuesday, 11/3, and there will be a "special presentation" episode on Wednesday, 11/4.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Special_Broadcast_For_TCW_S2_EP_5_127366.asp
  13. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It was nice to see Ki-Adi Mundi make an appearance tonight. Next episode: Barriss Offee. @};-
  14. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    dangit, it's not on iTunes yet
  16. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    The Blu-Ray version came out today. But so far, it only looks like Best Buy got them.
  17. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    dont look for it at the one in emeryville, I got mine in the mail from netflix today though
  18. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1317194

In the Season 2 Action Figure pack, there is a darth sidious action figure with lightsaber and sith lightning. I am anxious to see him in some action this season, could be pretty cool
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Because of the Thanksgiving weekend, there will be two new episodes this week, one on Wednesday and one on Friday.
  20. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really enjoyed the Brain Invaders episode. But where are all the Bounty Hunters? They named Season 2 the Rise of the Bounty Hunters but only the first 2 episodes had them :(
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, there are 22 episodes total, so I'm sure they'll show up somewhere.

This week will be the last new episode until Jan. 1st, when the season starts again.
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    TCW director Dave Filoni drew a holiday card:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars%20Holiday%20Wallpapers/grinchbane1.jpg]
    [image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars%20Holiday%20Wallpapers/grinchbane2.jpg]
    [image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars%20Holiday%20Wallpapers/grinchbaneback.jpg]
  23. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3

this corresponds to the the holiday special Forcecast. James Arnold Taylor (obi wan) narrates the grinch story and the voice of cad bane plays the grinch

listen to the whole thing here!

http://forcecast.net/story/home/A_Very_ForceCast_Christmas_Holiday_Special_128347.asp
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    A Clone Wars video holiday greeting:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000928.html
  25. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    http://starwars.com/theclonewars/news20100126/index.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.