main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Whateva .... :D

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Guess he wasn't that bad a guy, not like he killed his pregnant wife or anything. She just lost the will to live.[face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Oh let's not forget his bravery in taking on The Younglings from the Bear Clan while the 501st go after all those easy pick'n Jedi! What a guy! [face_laugh]

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    :eek:

ROFL!!

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If anybody stops by a McDonald's, can you pick me up some Clone Wars Happy Meal toys? I'm looking for: Anakin, Leia, Luke, and Vader. But call first to see if I found it already. Thanks. :)

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    THE CLONE WARS BEGINS AIRING FRIDAY, OCT. 3!

Check local listings for showtimes.

[face_dancing]

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Some tidbits on the first two episodes:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/More_TCW_Series_Debut_Info_117478.asp

Apparently, Steve Sansweet surprised everyone at DragonCon by showing the entire first episode!

8. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ha! I guess I should have gone to that panel after all! What did I end up doing that hour... I think that was around the time of the Rebel Legion photo shoot so I couldn't go.

Poor Matthew Wood made an interesting comment during his first panel at the con on Friday... something to the effect of 'I do the voice of General Grievous in the upcoming Clone Wars series... if anyone watches...' I had wanted to ask him at some point if he was bummed by all of the harsh reviews of the movie, but his tone when he said "if anyone watches" said it all. When I was looking through Entertainment Weekly on the flight to the con I saw they gave the movie an F! Oh Geeze.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Critics are just people with opinions like everyone else. The only difference is they get paid to write a page or two worth of what they thought of a movie that the average moviegoer can do in a sentence.

:D

10. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Haha, or Entertainment weekly can do in one letter "F". There are vocal fans who have been harsh on the movie too. I don't doubt fan opinions or reviews have gone unnoticed. At least we tend to have a mix of positive and negative responses.

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    well out of 134 reviews surveyed on RottenTomatoes.com it's received 20% positive.`It's the lowest any Star Wars theatrical release has ever gotten on that site.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I didn't think it was THAT terrible it's better than the Holiday Special and TPM... which isn't saying much... lol

14. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CS69160

Nice...

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's all Matty right there. lol

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Frak! How many times can you jump a shark?

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The Clone Wars comes to DVD Nov. 11.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Different covers for the DVD releases, along with the Special Features:

Clone Wars [Single Disc], Clone Wars [2 Disc Sp. Ed.], Clone Wars [Target 2 Disc Sp. Ed.], Clone Wars [Blue-Ray], Clone Wars [Best Buy 2 Disc Sp. Ed.], Clone Wars [Target Blu-Ray]

Bonus material on the Special Edition DVD and Blu-Ray include:

· The Clone Wars: The Untold Stories: Preview stories, vehicles, planets, and battles from Season One of The Clone Wars television series. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).

· The Voices of The Clone Wars: Meet the voiceover actors and see them perform their craft. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).

· Gallery of Concept and Production Art (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).

· Webdocs: Six making-of featurettes, as seen on StarWars.com (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).

· Deleted Scenes: Cargo Bay, Platform Droid Fight, Rancor Pit and Through the Tanks

· The New Score: Kevin Kiner leads a 90-piece orchestra to create the unique sound of The Clone Wars movie and series. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray)

· Theatrical and videogame trailers (This feature is in HI-Def on Blu-Ray)

· A digital copy of the movie to watch on the go.

· Take the Hologram Memory Challenge: Test your skill and memory and unlock three hi-def TV series sneak peeks

Exclusive to the Blu-Ray release is a feature-length creative conversation video commentary, featuring Director Dave Filoni, Producer Catherine Winder, Writer Henry Gilroy and Editor Jason W.A. Tucker, who discuss the development of the feature, illustrated with behind-the-scenes footage, deleted material, concept art and more.

*Best Buy Exclusive: Special Edition 2-disc DVD set will be available in a "steel book" tin, Capt. Rex cover.

*Target exclusive: features Commander Fox cover.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    A cool promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVsoNQ_4FyI&feature=related

And a neat clip with our own jschlosser as Captain Rex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZXkTjBvptc

20. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    pretty bad time to cancel my cable subscription

21. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Available for pre-order from Amazon (best prices for BD's anywhere)
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Clone-Blu-ray/dp/B001GQSY64/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=IVJIPRIWIL54X&colid=1ZR7SN3619S0O

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Anyone recording the premiere episodes tomorrow night (I believe they're showing two)? I won't be able to see them. :(

23. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    i dont have cable :(

24. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    So how was it, should I buy it on iTunes?

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I should have recorded them last night (I set the DVR anyway...). When I get home tonight I'll check to see how the 2 eps recorded. I've spent my week trying to clear out my DVR so I can copy Clone Wars (and other things people have been waiting for) to DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.